PDA

View Full Version : Hetrick pipe?

Rebelrider10177
01-16-2003, 12:52 PM
Is the Hetrick Racing Pipe any good? They have one of the lowest price on a full system exhaust that I have seen. Any pics of it would be good too???

sweet300ex
01-16-2003, 12:53 PM
i think they are pretty good, i have yet to hear a bad thing about them

DESDAK4
01-16-2003, 01:01 PM
I love mine. It very well put together and gave great gains everywhere not to mention it is ceramic coated. If you let them know you heard of them from exriders.com they just might hook you up I got mine delivered to my door for a very good price and that was with a new filter and the head pipe crush rings O yeah and new main jet. They also gave me alot of stickers. If you would like I may be able to put a picture up tonight after work.

Jay
USAF

Rebelrider10177
01-16-2003, 01:08 PM
yeah i would love to see what it looks like on a quad
Thanks alot

Rebelrider10177
01-16-2003, 01:11 PM
yeah i would love to see it on a quad.
Thanks a lot

DESDAK4
01-16-2003, 01:27 PM
I'll put a pic up after I get home if I have one in the house, it's to dang cold to go to the garage today.

Jay
USAF

Rebelrider10177
01-16-2003, 01:36 PM
ok sounds good

DESDAK4
01-16-2003, 02:51 PM
I hope this helps. If you need better examples let me know and i will see what I can do. I love this pipe:D

CBRSLIDER
01-17-2003, 08:00 AM
Thought that I would add my .02 cents. I do not have the pipe myself but have done alot of research on it. I have found some very good info on the hetrick pipe. I'll post the link to a dyno test of the pipe by gt thunder, showing impressive gains. I have also spoke to many racers at our local mx track about the pipe. Most of them have used other pipes to include Sparks, WB, Yoshi, Big Gun, and FMF. Almost everyone of them said that their previous pipe had fallen apart or broke at different welds, but after going to the Hetrick Pipe they had no more problems. They compared the pipe to the Sparks and said that the pipe actually gave more gains than the Sparks. Also was alot more durable than the sparks, which I was told by three different racers, was not very durable at all. These racers ranged from first year racers to what would be considered A riders at the track with totally tricked out EX's. I would recommend it and will be buying one as soon as I can afford one. An added benefit to purchasing the pipe is the customer service. Rich and Michelle are great to talk to and very helpful. I really like dealing with them.

If it means anything, I could drive to TC Racing in about half the time it takes me to drive to Hetrick Racing, but still go to Hetrick Racing. Tom is a nice guy but Hetrick is where my money goes.

Hope this sheds some light on things. If you have any other questions about the pipe or hetrick's ingeneral call them, they are great, or pm hetrick425ex, he can steer you in the right direction.

here's the link to the dyno test: http://www.gtthunder.com/RandD042502.html

Good luck.

Ray

DESDAK4
01-17-2003, 08:05 AM
Those are all the same things I have heard and that is why I got this pipe after 4 months of research. Thanks for putting all that info up here I think I did once before and just did not want to type it all again. I too really enjoyed working with the guys at Hetrick and they will get my money for all future mods aswell. The help I got was real good and I was shocked when I saw how little they charged me for my stuff.

Jay
USAF

01-17-2003, 08:12 AM
If i were to go with a new full system,,it would be the Hetricks setup hands down...it's like $200 cheaper than the sparks and LRD isn't it..and ther almost the same..yes the head pipes are different but $200 different,,I think not..:huh

oynot400
01-17-2003, 08:17 AM
Do they offer a spark arrester for it? How does the sound compair to other pipes? :confused:

DESDAK4
01-17-2003, 08:23 AM
The spark arrestor is the supertrap type.

The price I got was very good, the full ceramic coated system, header crush rings, new foam filter and main jet delivered to my door for 404:eek: not to bad.

Jay
USAF

CBRSLIDER
01-17-2003, 09:44 AM
My experiences with Hetrick's have been top notch. I had them do my motor work after talking to TC and then going to them. I was very impressed with their friendlyness and professionalism. I wish my wife was as much into quads as Michelle is. They did a kick arse job on my motor, helping me pull several holeshots this year while racing. That was even against Raptors, LTZ's, and C'dales. The motor was reliable as could be. Even after I put some serious strain on it. I am not kind to motors and it took the beatin without a hicup. They are just plain ol' nice people. They don't talk down to you when you have a dumb question like a certain motor builder did to me. I felt very comfortable talking to them and asking those dumb questions. I will continue to support them by giving them my business and telling others about them.

Ray

400ex's rule
01-17-2003, 04:43 PM
I think ill have to go with a hetrick to ive been looking for this information about them and u helped me to thanks.

CBRSLIDER
01-17-2003, 06:14 PM
Glad we could help.

Ray

DESDAK4
01-17-2003, 06:52 PM
Yeah I am glad we could help. Make sure to let them know you heard it here at exriders,com it just my save you some money.

Jay
USAF