PDA

View Full Version : stalling

rmcfadden68
11-06-2009, 05:14 PM
my brother has an 08 450 grilly and no access to internet. so i guess its my job to do this. first the thing has been a hand full of problems,from warranty company to dealership. oh also the bike first all the fluid leaked out of the rear diff. almost locking up. took it to dealer after about a month and a whole lot of run around from the dealer(xtreme yamaha both cambridge,oh and brilllant, oh) and the warranty co(starr co.). they replaced the seals and filled with fluid and said itll solve it . no problems with the diff since. now idling is an issue. everything is still stock. somehow oil,maybe fluid from diff go into air box. i soaked,scrubed and cleaned rinsed the filter with cold water. seemed to clean up really good.

from cold. open choke completly. it fires right up. seems like its idleling really hi. after a while giving it plenty of time to warm up. if u move choke to half it stumbles. if u close choke all the way it stalls. to me it seems like its gettin to much fuel. at the begining we used to smell gas while in shop they said it was fine. i cant really tell. cause it still smells like diff oil. ive taken lid and filter out and same thing happens.

now he has problems with it while hes riding it will stall on him when he stops. like to look at hill or something. this has never happened to me. i reckon cause ive been riding alot longer and am more aggressive, but weird to me why it stalls.

when its idling if u play with throttle reeving it up and down after about 15 secs. the red reverse light blinks a lot.
can anyone help with this?

:confused:

Dirtjunkie85
05-19-2010, 12:47 PM
I have the 07 Grizzly and it has had problems. Two years ago on the deer hunt it started leaking oil from the case and the yamaha dealer we got it from tried to tell us it was something that went into the case but it clearly came from the inside of the case and luckily a Yamaha rep. was there and he helped us out in getting the dealer to fix it for us. It was a joke trying to get them to listen to us but eventually they fixed it. The rear diff was leaky on mine also and they redid that also.

Dirtjunkie85
05-19-2010, 12:47 PM
It's never had starting problems or idling problems so idk what to tell you there.

Timmy b t
05-20-2010, 08:05 AM
My Bro had trouble simmilar to your stalling. It turned out to be the vent hose on the gas cap. The other end was ****ting in mud and picked some up and plugged the vent tube. It was like it was always running out of gas. Check this as it is a cheap fix.