View Full Version : North Jersey riding?

absolute69
11-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Any riding spots in Hackettstown area?

flyboy62
11-06-2009, 10:23 PM
there isnt any decent spots for riding around here. you got to either know ppl with land or drive to the track

panteramatt
11-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Its not worth risking riding in NJ anymore. Go 2 Pa.

YFZRB
08-08-2010, 08:43 AM
absolute I replied to your PM.

Flyboy and I ride together and used to ride around here but now we mostly go to PA.

Our favorite spot - Breezewood Proving Grounds. Great place for kids. Long ride from this area but very well worth it for the long weekends.

BTW- nice bounce pegs flyboy. Thanks for the pic

efilnicafesin
08-12-2010, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by absolute69
Any riding spots in Hackettstown area?

Can you still ride at Saxton Falls? Haven't been there in a few years, but last time we weren't bothered..

absolute69
08-12-2010, 07:27 AM
I haven't been riding in saxton falls since the mid 90's. Place was great. How long ago were you there? Does anybody still ride there?

mjc400ex
08-18-2010, 06:26 AM
This is pretty close to hackettstown.
Here are the GPS coordinates.
40.970732,-74.876859
You park alongside Kerrs Corner Rd.
If you continue up that road on your quad like 80yards there is a little hill leading up to "The Tracks". There is a path alongside old railroad tracks that lead in Pennsylvania over the gap. There are a lot of little side trails and hill climbs along the way. Watch out for branches, logs, and riders coming the other way.

spindad
10-05-2010, 06:13 PM
hey thanks so much for that near hackettstown post. i rode it two times last week. it was fun to cross over to the gap. what happens if you go east??? i live in clinton nj. got any other spots nearby?

mjc400ex
10-10-2010, 12:31 PM
If you go the other way you hit a road in Green Township. Its not very far from where you start off going to PA. You used to be able to cross it and ride for a few more miles but now they put up a fence and its kind of shady to cross there. If you do cross its a lot of whoops and you go through a sweet tunnel that's freezing cold all year round.

How are the low branches in the trail to PA? That's the worst part about riding on the tracks.

spindad
10-11-2010, 05:00 AM
the branches are very rough. most of way i have full faceshield down. i lost the cover to my throttle this weekend to a tree. the first time i actually took some shots to the coconut. you gotta watch. but i had it over 35 several times this past weekend. you know anythying about whitehouse. that is closer to me and i am working on several rumors of riding there

FastSuzuki101
10-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Hey man I live right outside of Htown, I've been checking out some spots I used to ride when i was a kid. I haven't been to any of them in a while so i've just been taking my mountain bike around and seeing whats up, and not to many places look promising anymore but there are a couple. PM me about riding on the old tracks up near blairstown, last I heard cops were chasing people off there but I was on RT80 last weekend and saw a few people riding across the viaduct so I dunno about that.