PDA

View Full Version : Joe Byrd Mini Quad School coming to GA

EthansDad
11-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Hey All,

you might have seen Joe announced a mini quad only school in FL in Jan. From talking with Joe, I found out he lost that track location. Joe was able to secure a track here in GA at Durhantown (www.durhamtown.com) on Jan 28th/29th. If you have not been to Durhantown, its an excellent facility with full campsites, cabins/quads to rent, and restaurant, proshop,mechanics on site.

This would be a 2 day class for only minis and I think the cost would be $500/rider.

Right now, I don't think Joe has enough riders in this class to run it and is looking for mini riders around the southeast that would sign up for this class. If you're interested, drop Joe an email or me a PM and I'll let him know. I think his target is 6-10 kids.

Joe's email is joebyrdschool@hotmail.com

-EA

#404's Dad
11-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Thats a pretty hefty ticket imho especially in today's economy ($500 per child).

EthansDad
11-06-2009, 10:10 AM
yup. others have said that not to mention its close to xmas time too. its not 100% locked yet by Joe. By that I mean the track/date is locked, but until Joe fills the class its not locked. if we had enough interested at $X price, then we could run that by him. This is the only mini quad class he is doing this year, so it would be cool to get it going.

His website is having some issues right now, but I know from looking in the past that is his rate for a semi-private 2 day class like this.

DoubleDad
11-06-2009, 02:54 PM
We would be interested. My boys are 13 and 14 though. Durhamtown is agreat facility.

EthansDad
11-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey,

Got an email from Joe today, so far we have 2 signed up. Here is a little detail and what needs to get done if you are interested in the class from Joe:

"Price will be $500 per rider and classes starts at 9am till dark both days. We will go over jumps, whoops, starts, turns, braking, passing, diet, nutrition, atv set up etc. Let me know how many riders are interested as I will need a $200 deposit to reserve a spot. Thanks Joe Byrd #7"

If you are interested, drop Joe an email to get details about the deposit and such.

-EA

EthansDad
12-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Ok All,

I got an email from Joe today, this class is still a go, but we are short a bit on sign ups. right now, only 4, and need 8 for the class to go forward. Joe ask me to grab a list of all COMMITTED to showing up for this class by this weekend. He's doing another school out of country and needs to get a final count this week.

Sooo - if you are up for the class, please drop me an email to let me know. you can reach me at ericahlm (at ) gmail.com

Again, I need to make a call on go-no go for this class by saturday, so now is the time to let me know if you are coming.

Thanks!

-EA