PDA

View Full Version : MotoTown USA

jesseweaver
11-05-2009, 12:18 PM
me and some friends were talking about making a trip there before motorama but i was lookin around and saw they're closed. why'd they shut down? when i was searching for the website i came across a local town forum with a bunch of people complaining how dangerous it was. is that why it got shut down?

extremeblastr
11-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
me and some friends were talking about making a trip there before motorama but i was lookin around and saw they're closed. why'd they shut down? when i was searching for the website i came across a local town forum with a bunch of people complaining how dangerous it was. is that why it got shut down?

wasn't making enough money so the property was supposedly sold to a feature film outfit although i hear that deal may not have gone through but i do know they will not be open this winter. keep an eye out for an indoor track in bellingham, ma called mx365

rollie
11-05-2009, 02:45 PM
i heard the guy that owned mototown was a crook, he took memberships from people before it was open and then when they opened denied those people.

What i know is that it basically fell apart due to incredibly bad management.

It hasnt sold but there not reopening for the winter

Don't hold your breath for MX365, i live about 15 minutes from where there "Building" it. They've cleared land and thats it, just an open lot with a few piles of dirt and no machines for a few months now.

jesseweaver
11-05-2009, 05:09 PM
ok then. anyone up for a trip out to the amsoil sandbox arena? that place looks sick

extremeblastr
11-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by rollie
Don't hold your breath for MX365, i live about 15 minutes from where there "Building" it. They've cleared land and thats it, just an open lot with a few piles of dirt and no machines for a few months now.

i've got the inside info on this one and all i'm gonna say is he ran into some bureaucratic bulls*** so just keep an eye on it if it can be done it will be done.

rollie
11-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
i've got the inside info on this one and all i'm gonna say is he ran into some bureaucratic bulls*** so just keep an eye on it if it can be done it will be done.

interesting, he had all the permits and everything set with the town before they started clearing land. where are you getting your information from

SRH
11-06-2009, 04:51 PM
20,000 a month overhead....pshh what kinda investors did they have goin in on this...

extremeblastr
11-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by rollie
interesting, he had all the permits and everything set with the town before they started clearing land. where are you getting your information from

i've great a few friends everywhere so when i decide to dig i get the story, he did have everything set the right way initially and i've got two stories about what the exact problem is right now but i do know that if it was his choice the track would be done.

mxduner
11-09-2009, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
ok then. anyone up for a trip out to the amsoil sandbox arena? that place looks sick If you got the time and head that way, also look up motokazie. They use a indoor horse arena that is huge(i heard) that would be an extra 2 1/2-3 hour extra drive from the sand box. the fergus falls location.they do a couple district tracks and put on a sx tour during the county fairs, and always built great tracks that i've ridden.