PDA

View Full Version : Great new option for an LT80 headlight

yophilly
11-05-2009, 11:19 AM
I picked up a 12-LED fog light from Advance auto parts to put on my kids' bike. It works great and doesn't drag the battery down. I didn't want to spend the bucks on an aftermarket stator but still wanted some kind of light on the front of it.
It's more of a 'conspicuity' light than a driving lamp. I took it for a ride in the dark and it does throw SOME illumination ahead, but not a whole lot.
I really wanted to have a light on the front of it so I could easily look back and see it while trail riding in front of her on my quad, as well as for safety reasons.

BTW, great site....lots of help.....

YO

raptorobbie
11-05-2009, 01:59 PM
yo! I put two of those on my boys' Sportsman 90 and they work out great! Very visible during the day, throw real good light at night (w/ 2) and dont draw hardly anything from the stator. They have been very durable too - but I do need to stop him from tagging trees - lol!!!

bportzel
12-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Any idea what the part number was on those lights?
Thx

raptorobbie
12-29-2009, 06:34 AM
dont know the exact part number - but just go to Advanced Auto or Autozone (they should have them too) and you'll find them. Advanced had a pretty good selection - just make sure you get the "white" color if your using them for night-time illumination. I think they sell them as "fog lights" or "driving lights".