PDA

View Full Version : losing power at high throttle

FireFighterI
11-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Hi everyone. Just looking for some ideas. I have installed a 13:1 je piston and hot cam stage 2 and white brothers rev box and what brothers full exhaust. it has been awhile since I put it together but I think that I am running a 185 main jet and have the aftermarket fuel screw. the problem is it just does not seem to have the power it should. mine is an 04 and I know people with 06s that feel way faster and have way more grunt then mine. and also at high throttle it just seems to not have the power it should. am I running to small of a main jet? I am running an open air box with k&n filter.... Please help. I thought after I dumped all this money into it that it would atleast be as fast as the 06s but its not.

Ruf Racing
11-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by FireFighterI
Hi everyone. Just looking for some ideas. I have installed a 13:1 je piston and hot cam stage 2 and white brothers rev box and what brothers full exhaust. it has been awhile since I put it together but I think that I am running a 185 main jet and have the aftermarket fuel screw. the problem is it just does not seem to have the power it should. mine is an 04 and I know people with 06s that feel way faster and have way more grunt then mine. and also at high throttle it just seems to not have the power it should. am I running to small of a main jet? I am running an open air box with k&n filter.... Please help. I thought after I dumped all this money into it that it would atleast be as fast as the 06s but its not.

One thing I suspect is, the rev box. If it isn't a Dynatek or Vortex you generally have wasted your money. I tried 2 different CDI's both made the engine a dog up top. Went with a Dynatek, she screams with all the mods now.

rt20ps
11-06-2009, 07:59 AM
I've also had problems with the White Brothers boxes. First try plugging in your stock CDI. BTW I had a Vortex box on my 450R and it screamed all the way to the limiter.

Sjorge450R
11-06-2009, 08:55 AM
i too vote the rev box....there is no reason why you should be loosing any power up top especially considering the stage 2 hot cam.

Vortex ignition are expensive for a reason, they really do work.

FireFighterI
11-08-2009, 07:26 PM
thanks for all your input... now if i can only find my stock rev box lol