PDA

View Full Version : Shooting comps

ZeroLogic
11-04-2009, 07:55 PM
I've been trying to find shooting competitions around my area and so far I havn't found ****. I don't want to join pro or anything but just a every other weekend job just for fun. Anyone have any tips?

Pappy
11-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Check the NRA site out, they should have links to organized shooting in your area.

Issac Walton leagues as well are worth a shot

ZeroLogic
11-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks Pappy, now let me really pick your brain. Do you know how I can find archery shoots?

Pappy
11-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Oh my...let me think

I know there is a bow organization similiar to the NRA in function but I cant think of the name. I will see if I have any of my old cards and such....but a visit to your local archery shop should get you some good leads.

One of our shops is putting on a shoot, indoors for teh winter. Cody wante dto do it but i dont have the cash to keep him in it for the winter or the gas money to let him go every week :p :(

ZeroLogic
11-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Alright Pappy that would be great. I need something indoor for the winter archery wise. It just gets to damn cold here to even knock an arrow. I can't get to rusty!:p

Hows Cody doin? You guys fill your tags yet?

Pappy
11-05-2009, 06:56 PM
We both have passed up some small bucks and doe's....but havent killed anything

Its been weird here this year and I think i found out why tonight. As I stepped across a ditch near one of my stands I heard a whistle, then I see a guy in a stand, no more the 8 feet off the ground. he tells me he has been humting non stop and hasnt been able to ge adeer within 30 yards:eek2: Yeah dumbass, no scent control, 8 feet off the ground...thanks for telling every deer thats been around that people are after them:ermm:

Disappointing after we have had the deer here almost perfect for several years. I told him I usually fire 10 or 12 times at adeer witha rifle in that bottom...from teh ridge...so be safe:D