PDA

View Full Version : EVS Ballastic Jersey Youth Version

bulldogfallon
11-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Has anyone tried or seen one of these before?

Looked interesting so I ordered a couple...I think BRM could dress em with some cool team decals???

Will it work with the Leatt I wonder??

Anyone??

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-10159477287573_2079_10449113

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-10159477287573_2079_10520923

Coley'sdad#8
11-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Gary,
Don't know about the Leatt fitting but I know that the evs brace i bought for coley would not fit with the Fox chest protector, ordered the EVS protector and fits like a glove, Coley said it is more comfortable than the fox anyway. Call their customer service, they should know , they were really helpful when I called them.

Logan #34's Dad
11-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Hey Gary, when you get it, can it be used as a chest protector so we can just put the jersey over top of it? Let us know.

bulldogfallon
11-05-2009, 07:42 AM
I'll post my findings....I was hoping someone else had tried them already

Looks like it might be a cool product..

Plus the price is really reasonable as well....

Keep you posted unless someone else chimes in with experience

#404's Dad
11-05-2009, 08:37 AM
The lower back looks too vulnerable to me, JMO though.

bulldogfallon
11-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Cory you could be right....I'll let you know what I find

Maybe I have Dillan do some modeling with it on :)

He likes to make weird faces when the camera comes out though :) :)

bulldogfallon
11-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Cory.....The pic was for an adult version I guess...this one goes all the way down to the lower back area...the extra material tucks into the riders pants

Nice job by EVS....The Rockgardn Flak Jacket is a more comprehensive protector, but is harder to get off an on than the EVS..

If the rockgardn was made with the flex jersey material found on the EVS it would be more popular with the kids I bet.

I like the fact that these type of protectors keep the protection in place even when impact is made...the plastic protectors can sometimes have the ability to move around a lot.

For a smaller rider or one that is tough to get dressed and undresses I would look at this EVS vest.

The EVS will get custom graphics by BRM soon...pics will be posted

Available at most mini quad shops...

#404's Dad
11-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
Cory.....The pic was for an adult version I guess...this one goes all the way down to the lower back area...the extra material tucks into the riders pants

Nice job by EVS....The Rockgardn Flak Jacket is a more comprehensive protector, but is harder to get off an on than the EVS..

If the rockgardn was made with the flex jersey material found on the EVS it would be more popular with the kids I bet.

I like the fact that these type of protectors keep the protection in place even when impact is made...the plastic protectors can sometimes have the ability to move around a lot.

For a smaller rider or one that is tough to get dressed and undresses I would look at this EVS vest.

The EVS will get custom graphics by BRM soon...pics will be posted

Available at most mini quad shops...

Gary, can you post a picture of it, My son's Oneal/Rockgarden one has a couple seasons on it and I am looking to get new and this sounds like it may be the way to go.

Thanks

bulldogfallon
11-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Pics of Dillan with EVS (http://www.g-forcepowersports.com/evsbjbajey.html)

brooksjet
11-12-2009, 01:17 PM
my son has used one for the last 3 years and we use it with a evs neck brace no problems and he has tested it a few times haha

#404's Dad
11-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Will the Leatt work with it as good as it does with the Oneal/Rockgarden ?

Thanks again

bulldogfallon
11-12-2009, 03:30 PM
We the leatt would have to sit on the outside I belive, but we are going to remove some of the threads to allow the back part to go between the jersey and back plate.

Rockgardn is a nice piece, but this is a lighter version probably best suited for smaller riders that can't handle the bulk of Rockgardn.

Both good products