PDA

View Full Version : S-6 R-T 70 cylinder kit !

hotquads1
11-04-2009, 07:51 AM
will it be worth the wait ? been in development for couple of years , finally in production. This is the newest technology and will be rare and limited , availability will be thin and in the beginning only a few will be able to get one of these .
sneek peek !

hotquads1
11-04-2009, 07:53 AM
interesting design .

XXX -rider
11-04-2009, 09:04 AM
yup interesting why the spacer at the bottom ? would like to know how it stacks up next to a MK kit etc..
how about more close ups ..especially of the cylinder all around ,.. in & out

wrhracing
11-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
yup interesting why the spacer at the bottom ? would like to know how it stacks up next to a MK kit etc..
how about more close ups ..especially of the cylinder all around ,.. in & out

To help the application to the Piaggio -vs- minarelli engines and adjust for the different rod lengths, stud patterns in either engine.
It helps them affordably spnd the 25 grand(retail) on the casting, and the 80.00 per each on the cylinder kits with the minimum 100 sets.
So they produce well over the 200 sets to insure profit. The pictured cylinder is the Piaggio version. The inscription on the head matches Tedeschi Massimoto machinist writing. The desighner of the 2 fast.
Power valve design is the next step for the case reed engine, and there is already a rotary valve design being stuck in a chasis in Taiwann.

dericsdad
11-04-2009, 06:30 PM
What about the 90cc version??

wrhracing
11-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by dericsdad

They have been playing with the 70cc version for over 2 years..
Rumor is it will be a whileon the 90cc kit.
I believe the 90cc kit will be made in smaller quantity if the increase in transfer ducting denotes more horsepower, I.E. Torque.

After all, there is already a 78cc/86 cc version TCR/2FAST, it was the 70cc class that needed a mass produced high end kit for drag racing.

Logan #34's Dad
11-04-2009, 11:04 PM
I saw this system in their little catologe awhile back. It will be interesting to see what Marc, Billy and the best builders can do with this piece. Hopefully, this does not re-invent things. $$$$

hotquads1
11-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by dericsdad
actually the 90 version wil be 92-95cc( if used as designed), which in current form would not be 90 legal, builders may overcome that issue by de-stroking or some other method . Mute point tho , as Billy mentioned this kit is a year away.
marc

wrhracing
11-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
I saw this system in their little catologe awhile back. It will be interesting to see what Marc, Billy and the best builders can do with this piece. Hopefully, this does not re-invent things. $$$$

I hope it comes at a lower price. And with calmer port timings than the high end kits we have been seeing latley. Funny how the focus has turned around to making torque again.

mxmike717
11-10-2009, 11:39 AM
It sucks we have to wait for the over sea's scooter racers to build quad racers a fast moter.

wrhracing
11-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by mxmike717
It sucks we have to wait for the over sea's scooter racers to build quad racers a fast moter.

Well alright, a couple of years ago I was going to get Athena to build a WRH aluminum 90cc H2O cylinder kit. I might of had $28000.00 dollars in the whole thing and had a far superior, higher horsepower, kit than anything available. Then.... Their were 2 other major players in the mini scene who proclaimed their 90cc kit was going to be released real soon.One of these guys had supposed strong connections with Spainish foundries, the other strong ties to Taiwann. So I backed down and went with existing European stuff and modded it to fit the MINI ATV SCENE. I had a 2 year run of great success with that method. Then I bragged a little and others figured out what was going on and the rest is history.
So if I spend the money on a high end cylinder kit and it goes and gets copied in Taiwann , Spain , or Oklahoma. I have substantial risk of losing the rest of my investment.
But the kicker is.... I can already outbuild 90% of the YOUTH riders/Chasis capabilities. It is no longer like 2 -3 years ago.
The trend now will go toward maximum Horsepower and a wider power band for easier less tiring power usage while still maintaing 13800 RPM capabiltities.
So the Physical fitness and seat time will determine a majority of the outcome.
The motor development outweighs the available suspension developement due to frame production rules.

mxmike717
11-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Billy, I feel for the few guys like yourself that acually have the skill and know how to get it done.

Now days it seems that everything will be copied overseas.

I remember some of the moters you built us by correcting mostly stock parts that would fly.

Only thing made in American now is BEER, Hookers and football,lol

wrhracing
11-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by mxmike717
Billy, I feel for the few guys like yourself that acually have the skill and know how to get it done.

Now days it seems that everything will be copied overseas.

I remember some of the moters you built us by correcting mostly stock parts that would fly.

Only thing made in American now is BEER, Hookers and football,lol

I ain't done yet..........But we may have hi jacked this thread long enough:eek2: .

markvette
11-13-2009, 06:16 PM
:devil:

hotquads1
12-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Don't hold your breath, It appears they are running behind scedule on the production of the minarelli version, this has delayed the kit for a few more months , so it may not hit the US in time to impact the upcoming season.