PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a goofy problem?

oachs83
11-04-2009, 05:35 AM
On my 86 250r I have a slight problem. If I let it sit for a day or so the next time I start it up the engine will run almost at wide open for close to 5-10 seconds right at startup. After that it idles just fine. I did have a problem with fouling plugs but I was running BR9es and stepped to a br8es and have not fouled one yet. I also did a leak down test and that passed. The carb is a 38mm Keihin and the reeds are new.

C-LEIGH RACING
11-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Did you do the leak down while it was hot or before it was started & still cold. How long did you do the presure test.

Sounds like a cold seal leaking untill it gets warmed up.
Neil

86 Quad R
11-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Did you do the leak down while it was hot or before it was started & still cold. How long did you do the presure test.

Sounds like a cold seal leaking untill it gets warmed up.
Neil

that very well could be.:cool: i would also suspect a lean pilot. just curious as to what carb are you using?

oachs83
11-04-2009, 12:13 PM
I did the leakdown test when it was cold. I lost about .25 of a pound of pressure in ten minutes. The carb I am using is a 38mm PWK. Also completley forgot to mention that this problem did not start until I went with a BR8es plug. But the 9's were fouling all the time.

GOTFEAR
11-04-2009, 10:04 PM
sounds like a two banger to me