PDA

View Full Version : banshee vs LT250R?

tommygunnz
11-03-2009, 08:38 PM
ok I have a 87 LT250R and my friend has a 04 banshee based on these mods can I win a 300ft asphalt drag? 87LT250R has a full CT racing MX port job bored 60 over with the stock head done by CT for 93 octane a brand new hotrod crank/main bearings pro reeds 38mm pwk airstryker carb uni filter and FMF fatty system the banshee has cool heads that he can run pump but he uses 110 its bored 60 over too has rad valves slightly larger carbs and mid range paul turner pipes its not ported at all and he weighs 250 I weigh 198 and we both have realtors on because winters almost here in CT please try not to be partial on either bike I know I can eat him on dirt but I wanna get some opinions about 300ft asphalt drag:D

11-04-2009, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by tommygunnz
ok I have a 87 LT250R and my friend has a 04 banshee based on these mods can I win a 300ft asphalt drag? 87LT250R has a full CT racing MX port job bored 60 over with the stock head done by CT for 93 octane a brand new hotrod crank/main bearings pro reeds 38mm pwk airstryker carb uni filter and FMF fatty system the banshee has cool heads that he can run pump but he uses 110 its bored 60 over too has rad valves slightly larger carbs and mid range paul turner pipes its not ported at all and he weighs 250 I weigh 198 and we both have realtors on because winters almost here in CT please try not to be partial on either bike I know I can eat him on dirt but I wanna get some opinions about 300ft asphalt drag:D

You can probably take him. The banshee's really shine with porting, because their ports are very small from the factory. If it was ported he would most likely take you by a decent bit.

Also if he's running PT Mid-range pipes, those will really hold him back. They're great trail/mx pipes, but they suck for dragging and wide open because they don't produce good top end.

So, if you are both equal riders, and launch at the same time, you should take him by a little bit. Not by much. So make sure you get out of the hole quick.
Tell him to ditch them mid-ranges and pick up some DMC's or CPI's. haha.

tommygunnz
11-04-2009, 12:04 PM
we do mostly trail riding anyway but like to line em up