PDA

View Full Version : more burgard cycle nonsense

uchi
11-03-2009, 07:31 PM
so ive been laying a little low, bought a crotch rocket and havent played with the quads for a bit. needless to say i just had another burgard issue. for those who forgot or who arent aware a little background info. i ordered some carrier bearings from them, for the stock carrier, waited about 4 weeks and had recieved nothing. so i contacted burgard about the issue, they said the item had been shipped. another week went by and i contacted them again. again they said it had been shipped. the following week the items arrived, looked at the shipping date and it was the day after the second response from them. great way to run a business, took 6 weeks to get my parts. whatever i have 2 quads so one sat even though i prefer my 400 over my pred. this is going back into august now, the end of it. seeing as i was on my street bike i didnt really have tohe urge to ride or wrench on the quad so i left it alone. finally i got around to doing the work. pulled everything apart and wouldnt you know it, the bearings they sent are too wide. they dont fit my carrier. the website says its for the oem honda 400 ex carrier, my year. not a chance these could even be pressed in. without exploding. so now im stuck. im out 45 bucks for their junk and another 20 in duty for something i cant use. my dilema is its been so long since i bought them that im not sure if ive even got a leg to stand on trying to get money back, and i think in the end after i ship their junk back and everything ill have gotten a whole 20 bucks back. so ill probably let it be. but let this be a warning when dealing with those *** clowns.

Pipeless416
11-03-2009, 07:47 PM
for some reason i thought the inside of the carrier was the same diameter the entire way through? anyway, i have nothing but good things to say about burgard, and i have ordered quite a bit from them. sorry about your luck.

uchi
11-03-2009, 07:58 PM
well perhaps they sent a sleeve thats too wide then, who knows. but neither the orignal nor this one work with the bearings so ive had to order some new ones from all balls and am now out double the money.

uchi
11-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Well here's a little update. I was quite upset with the way things went so I email burgard regarding this issue. Explained to them the situation and where I stood on it. I made no demands and no requests and simply explained how unimpressed I was with their business dealings. Today I receive a phone call with an appology from burgard. They explained how the website was listing the wrong item and that they had infact sent me bearings for their carrier and that in order to compensate me and to make matters right they were shipping me one of their carriers. Aside from the previous issue I'm quite happy with the outcome of this and I think burgard has once again entered my good books. Thankfully they've managed to win me back as there's a bunch of stuff I'd like to order from them in the near future :)

brianengy
11-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Cool Beans!!!

honda400ex2003
11-04-2009, 05:02 PM
good to hear, you were quite upset about the whole ordeal last night while we were talking. lol. steve

uchi
11-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Lol right pissed is more like it :). Glad they came through

honda400ex2003
11-04-2009, 05:07 PM
exactly lol. steve