PDA

View Full Version : Review of parts-good/bad

YZROOSTINYA
01-16-2003, 04:49 AM
I recvd my tires last week and my heel guards yesterday

The tires Kick arse, I have owned the fronts before so I knew they would be great but the rears are awesome for where I ride.

They have great slide control and bite like a mo-fo. We were riding in packed snow/frozen silt/ rock.

They were climbing hills like mad on the frozen silt and roosting my buddies nice!!Very happy with my tire set up!!!:D

I also went to put on my heel gaurds yesterday and I am happy and also disapointed.

First off they look cool and stronger than the stock plastic. Also they stick out farther and are flat. The stock ones have a cirve in them that kind of bind me up when riding because it hold my boot since I have pretty big feet(size 12 boot).

BUT, The plates did not come with mounting hardware or did they mention you have to drill the peg.

I also had to bend the back plate a little because where it mounts to the frame the steel rod that wrapd around the pipe that protects the fenders from getting burned interfers with the back plate and I had to bend it. I am going to cut it off on that corner and then file it down because I have to take the peg off to drill it anyway.

I have not ridden it yet so i can not give you that review until Monday.

here are soem pics

YZROOSTINYA
01-16-2003, 04:53 AM
heres the tires

the fronts are 23x7x10

and the rears are 22x11x9

i will have pics of what i had to cut and the tires on the quad on monday

maybe I will get my girl to pose on it too?

YZROOSTINYA
01-16-2003, 04:54 AM
fronts on itp .190

wheeltrax
01-16-2003, 05:30 AM
keep us posted

JOEX
01-16-2003, 08:14 PM
How heavy are the rear tires...say, compared to stock...and what ply rating do they have. I've been thinking about getting those.

Joe

Pappy
01-16-2003, 08:16 PM
hey yz....have ya got the new stem yet? i saw the new one he built...very nice..thicker stop...looked almost like a LSR. just checkin:)

YLW400
01-16-2003, 08:18 PM
You should certaintly get your girl to pose on it :D Tell her' Pappy said so.....:blah

YZROOSTINYA
01-17-2003, 04:22 AM
she's posing sunday

NO stem yet, I called last week and he said he was waiting on the the bottom stop to get laser cut.

I am eagerly waiting.

I installed the heel guards last night and the seem to be pretty sturdy. I did have to shave some of the edge off where it mounts to the frame. I used some old bolts I had laying around and one of the bolts from the stock footpeg guards. you will need a total of four bolts and the footpegs will give you 2 so you really only need two.

I will have pics sunday, actually you guys prob wont see them until monday

Everytime I take a pic of my chick she looks stupid as ****, but in REAL LIFE she is a hot as ****. I Have my other buds digi with takes AWESOME pics so hopefully they will turn out great.

I also have pics of the stem in its CORRECT position and you can see the stop is still high, I will compare it to the new stem WHEN it comes in.

The tires are 2 ply in the rear and 6 in the front, the rears are 18.3 or 18.5, sur traks are 2 ply also and wiegh 18.7, maxxix razr 2's weight 17.5 in the same size and are 6 ply, i would say the stock tires are prob about 10lbs. there really light and thin. the maxxis tires i have are really durable, there only 2 ply but they fell like 6. they are awesome

the stock tires i have have 8 plugs in one hole and 6 in the other, they dont last long where i ride.

I only have one plug in my old sur traks and that was from the mx track at rausch.

its 25 degrees where i ride and i have been out the last 5 weekends and we are going up tomorrow too. hitting up the car show tonight in philly.

YZROOSTINYA
01-20-2003, 04:17 AM
i rode for 4 hours on sunday, it was about 20 degrees and the tires were awesome

the heel gurds worked great

I took some pics and will try to get them loaded tonight

my new stem also came and I got it installed last night and i have pics of that too

YZROOSTINYA
01-20-2003, 07:08 PM
an pic , i have to resize the rest tomorrow

YZROOSTINYA
01-20-2003, 07:09 PM

YZROOSTINYA
01-20-2003, 07:10 PM
more later

YZROOSTINYA
01-21-2003, 04:44 AM
peice i had to cut

YZROOSTINYA
01-21-2003, 04:45 AM
cut left guard and had to drill hole in peg, they work great now that there installed!!!

YZROOSTINYA
01-21-2003, 04:46 AM
left quad

YZROOSTINYA
01-21-2003, 04:47 AM
close up

YZROOSTINYA
01-21-2003, 04:47 AM
right side rear so you can see tires

400EXnj
03-21-2003, 09:01 AM
YZR,

IF YOU INSTALL DG NERF ON YOU QUAD WILL YOU STILL BE ABLE TO USE YOUR HEEL GUARDS,,

REASON IM ASKING IS BECAUSE I ORDER THE SAME HEEL GUARDS FOR MY 400EX AND I ALREADY HAVE THE DG NERF ,, SO I WAS JUST CURIOUS IF I WAS STILL GOING TO BE ABLE TO USE THE THE HEELS GUARDS WITH THE DG NERFS AND STOCK PEGS.

OutlawEX
03-21-2003, 11:03 AM
looks pretty good

lex luger
03-21-2003, 02:10 PM
looks like theres something wraped on your head pipe? is it some sort of heat resistant tape?

Jeffksf
03-21-2003, 02:20 PM
Interesting tire choices, I liked my old Bandit fronts, the new ones deffinetly have a more rounded profile. Do those all traks have a stiff sidewall? Looks good.

yellowrider
03-21-2003, 02:56 PM
i was really wanting to get the all tracs for my 400ex for this winter which is already over for people in kentucky *no more snow for us*
anyhow i had some on my 300ex and loved them but they will slow you down a whole lot yzroostin. i also had the full white brothers pro meg. and kn airfilter and i was even with a stock 400ex with smaller tires (400ex radials)

some guy with a red 400ex offered to let me ride his at the sand pit he also had a supertrapp header and had this bike for a year with those all tracs and said he rides on black top like ever day and the tires had like 58percent tread left ... which is not bad at all .....

but i never got on cause i didnt know him but if i see him again it will be different i will get on that bad boy and see if i want to put those tires on my 400ex ...

yellowrider
03-21-2003, 02:57 PM
sorry i meant to say i was even with a stock 300ex with 400ex tires:D