PDA

View Full Version : Oh say can you see!!!

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Is it just me or dose anybody else see the bull in "their ad".
Regions bank has a commercial where they have people shaking a can so you can save your pennies while there charging us 20-30% interest and they act like there doing me a favor. Giving me a 1/4 % interest on a savings account and then charging me 20% for a "loan". (Give me a break) I guess they think "we're stupid".

They say I’m a high risk but I have never been late or missed a payment and have always played off all my loans. The banks on the other hand have had to be bailed out to the tune of 800 billion dollars. And they took it from us the very ones they say are a high risk.
What’s wrong with this picture.

Pappy
11-03-2009, 01:09 PM
That would be "Loan" edumacated one:p

quad59
11-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Don't forget does..not dose.

jesseweaver
11-03-2009, 01:21 PM
and "we're stupid" not "were stupid"

fandl450r
11-03-2009, 01:21 PM
"Their ad"

Fixt.

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Regions bank has a commercial where they have people shaking a can so you can save your pennies while there charging us 20-30% interest and they act like there doing me a favor. Giving me a 1/4 % interest on a savings account and then charging me 20% for a "loan". (Give me a break) I guess they think "we're stupid".

They say I’m a high risk but I have never been late or missed a payment and have always played off all my loans. The banks on the other hand have had to be bailed out to the tune of 800 billion dollars. And they took it from us the very ones they say are a high risk.

Is that better?

jesseweaver
11-03-2009, 01:27 PM
you have "payed" off your loans, not "played" them off.

fandl450r
11-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Is that better?

Dose =/= does.

Originally posted by jesseweaver
you have "payed" off your loans, not "played" them off.

You mean PAID? LOL @ you trying to sound smart and failing.

jesseweaver
11-03-2009, 01:29 PM
haha yea crap i lose

11-03-2009, 01:29 PM
The banks on the other hand have had to be bailed out to the tune of 800 billion dollars. .

The banks, on the other hand, have had to be bailed out to the tune of 800 billion dollar

jesseweaver
11-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
Dose =/= does.

You mean PAID? LOL @ you trying to sound smart and failing.

and no lol i wasn't trying to sound smart, just giving him hell

fandl450r
11-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
and no lol i wasn't trying to sound smart, just giving him hell

Atleast do it correctly then. Might want to take your own quotes advice :D

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
That would be "Loan" edumacated one:p

Thanks for the corrections in spelling and grammar but look at your post from last night. LOL!!!! that was funny hell. How many type O's are in your post? LMAO!!!!

11-03-2009, 01:33 PM

your pennies while they're charging us 20-30% interest and they act like they're doing me a favor.

jesseweaver
11-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
Atleast do it correctly then. Might want to take your own quotes advice :D

haha yea that probably would've been best in that situation

Pappy
11-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the corrections in spelling and grammar but look at your post from last night. LOL!!!! that was funny hell. How many type O's are in your post? LMAO!!!!

Yeah but I can sober up

:p

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Yeah but I can sober up

:p

Who told you I was sober!!

Pappy
11-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Who told you I was sober!!

Then it is starting to sound like the bank may have made the right decision:eek: :devil:

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 01:45 PM
I’m 50 years old and out of work, I deserve to drink. They must have been drinking to waste all that money!!! :grr:

Pappy
11-03-2009, 01:51 PM
It wasn't wasted, it was redistributed. Very smart way of moving money around and creating more class envy or division. What better way to win a war (race war) then to get the majority of the other side on youre side by calling the war something else....

If you're 50..and white...you mean dick. Get used to it, the man has had others down for so long its time you and others reap what is coming. Its youre medicine...youre lesson....youre punishment.

Now you know how a black or spanish man feels when he was turned down for a loan....you should repent dont ya think.....

Im joining the Black Panthers and take it to the man myself....

Pappy
11-03-2009, 01:56 PM
btw.....

If you think I am way off base or wrong because many prominate whites support all of this.....

The rich are always teh first to fold..to conform...that is their way of thinking they will have a place in the future or keep their riches. And rethink Race....its not black and white anymore....

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 01:57 PM
It wasn't wasted, it was redistributed. Very smart way of moving money around and creating more class envy or division. What better way to win a war (race war) then to get the majority of the other side on youre side by calling the war something else....

If you're 50..and white...you mean dick. Get used to it, the man has had others down for so long its time you and others reap what is coming. Its youre medicine...youre lesson....youre punishment.

Now you know how a black or spanish man feels when he was turned down for a loan....you should repent dont ya think.....

Im joining the Black Panthers and take it to the man myself....

That's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What the hell dose race have to do with it?

Pappy
11-03-2009, 01:58 PM
That's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Discount it...dont just claim its dumb....

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 02:00 PM
What dose race have to do with it?

Pappy
11-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Race and culture have EVERYTHING to do with the way the system is moving.....and it started long before Obama;)

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 02:05 PM
That’s just there way of redirecting your attention away from the real issue. And you’re buying it!!!

Pappy
11-03-2009, 02:06 PM
That’s just there way of redirecting your attention away from the real issue. And you’re buying it!!!

Define the real issue.....if I am so off base....

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Ok then, Companies like AIG have been allowed to grow so big that if they fail then it’s perceived that it will hurt the economy so much that if they are not bailed out, then we are all doomed to fail. The federal government allowed loans to be given out to the people that could not afford it. In an effort to give the low income and minorities a chance to have a something they could not afford, as if some how they deserve it. And surprise, surprise!!! They didn’t pay it back and we, the ones who pay ower bills and don’t fault on ower loans have to bail them out.

Pappy
11-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Ok then, Companies like AIG have been allowed to grow so big that if they fail then it’s perceived that it will hurt the economy so much that if they are not bailed out, then we are all doomed to fail.

thats the premise, sounds like redirecting public funds to a private entity

Originally posted by slightlybent47 The federal government allowed loans to be given out to the people that could not afford it. In an effort to give the low income and minorities a chance to have a something they could not afford, as if some how they deserve it.[/B]

Yeah, sounds racial or cultrally motivated to me

And surprise, surprise!!! They didn’t pay it back and we, the ones who pay ower bills and don’t fault on ower loans have to bail them out

We being who? The middle class and upper class of which is made up of prodominatley whites?

You have made my point...

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 02:39 PM
This goes back to Clinton and his idea that everyone deserves to have everything even when they haven’t worked for it. Just like people that get married and want the big house and SUV in the drive way. Putting them selves in so much debt that they can barely afford the payments and if something goes wrong they get into trouble.

It used to be you worked for years and saved up your money and not go into so much debt just so they can keep up with the Joneses. That’s one of the problems in America; everyone wants it now before they deserve it.

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 02:49 PM
thats the premise, sounds like redirecting public funds to a private entity

Yeah, sounds racial or cultrally motivated to me

We being who? The middle class and upper class of which is made up of prodominatley whites?

You have made my point...

That’s because most whites stayed in school and applied them selves despite the obstacles that was in front of them. Everyone has an opportunity to go to school and learn and it’s up to you as an individual to make the most of it and not hang around with your pants falling down and trying to look like a thug. Skipping school and doing drugs, selling drugs and committing crimes. And saying that the “Man” is the one who is keeping me down, when you have no one to blame but your self.

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 02:57 PM
I think you’ve gotten way off topic here; the fact is that corporate entities and the congress are all mostly white, and are corrupt and driven by greed and not race.

rundrave
11-03-2009, 03:00 PM
The banks on the other hand have had to be bailed out to the tune of 800 billion dollars. And they took it from us the very ones they say are a high risk.
What’s wrong with this picture. slightlybent, before you go spewing any more nonsense on what you call a bail out, I am guessing you are referring to the TARP money that some of the banks got.

First off I am not defending all banks here, but there were a lot of banks that were forced to take your so called bail out and didnt need or want to take it.

Also on top of the billions and billions of dollars that you said they were bailed out with, it wasnt a bail out. It was simply a purchase of prefferred stock. It wasnt a blank check that people like you think it was for banks to go spend it on what ever they please.

Also why are you not mentioning all of the dividends and interest that these banks have to pay or already paid on this money they were forced to take.

How is it a bad thing when the US goverment invested money in banks, were paid back tons of money in interest and dividends which in turn made the US taxpayers money?

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 03:15 PM
My original point and I didn’t want to get into a big debate on the economy was,
The banks try to make me feel like there doing me a favor by giving me a whopping ¼ % and taking 20%. I remember when a savings account would bring 5-51/2% and loans were 7-10%.

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 03:22 PM
It’s not that I can’t get a loan. I just can’t see where they say I’m a risk and only offered a loan at 22% + when I have never failed to pay my bills

11-03-2009, 03:44 PM
I’m 50 years old and out of work, I deserve to drink. They must have been drinking to waste all that money!!! :grr:

there is why it is so high...OUT OF WORK

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Let me tell you. I started out in 87 as a driver for a company that was in the housing market. I worked my way from a driver to supervisor to buying the company and ran it successfully for ten years until the so called experts screwed it up. I worked 6-7 days a week and most days were 12-14 hours. Where is my bail out? It went to the vary ones who created the market crash to begin with. Where is the stimulus money at? I haven’t seen it or nor can I find it. I lost $600.000 in my ira account of money I made and put in for my retirement and those idiots gambled it away on bad loans and turn right around and are telling me “us” that we have to bail them out. Not to mention the 1.2 million dollar company I lost and had to lay off ten workers and pay there unemployment taxes. That’s crap

Pappy
11-03-2009, 04:09 PM
That’s because most whites stayed in school and applied them selves despite the obstacles that was in front of them. Everyone has an opportunity to go to school and learn and it’s up to you as an individual to make the most of it and not hang around with your pants falling down and trying to look like a thug. Skipping school and doing drugs, selling drugs and committing crimes. And saying that the “Man” is the one who is keeping me down, when you have no one to blame but your self.

You further my point even further. The "man" is society the way we knew it, the "Change" you see coming down the pipe is a revolution of sorts. Your hard work, work ethic. payment history etc means nothing unless you can be sucked dry to fund those that dont live by the society we knew. This is where the money is going or will eventually be "Shown" to go, but greed is greed and it wont make it to them either.

Now, youre 50, I assume nothing like what you state in your above post but you cant get a loan. 1st, you state your out of work...you did not state you couldnt get a loan but the interest rates dont suit you....it is YOUR choice to take or not take it. So blaming the banks for your problem isnt really an issue. You, at this point are a risk.

And read back a few posts...Devils Advocate. It does appear to me youre full of blame. Last time I checked, our Constitution did not garuntee anything, just the oppertunity.

Pappy
11-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Let me tell you. I started out in 87 as a driver for a company that was in the housing market. I worked my way from a driver to supervisor to buying the company and ran it successfully for ten years until the so called experts screwed it up. I worked 6-7 days a week and most days were 12-14 hours. Where is my bail out? It went to the vary ones who created the market crash to begin with. Where is the stimulus money at? I haven’t seen it or nor can I find it. I lost $600.000 in my ira account of money I made and put in for my retirement and those idiots gambled it away on bad loans and turn right around and are telling me “us” that we have to bail them out. Not to mention the 1.2 million dollar company I lost and had to lay off ten workers and pay there unemployment taxes. That’s crap

Youre white, not rich and are not a minority....not yet. Dont look for any stimulus money. You have unemployment, you can still get medical care if needed and there is always bankruptcy. The "They" and "We" and "them" dont care......its all about looking out for yourself these days.....

Do you honestly believe some Hoe on Florida Ave in DC will get stimulus money? Unless you are part of the machine you are nothing. They used the lower class to get the most radically left government in place and they have many years of pay back to dole out.....watch and see! Before its over with I bet illegal aliens will be able to vote!

Vote them all out!

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 04:16 PM
I did manage to sell off all my equipment and pay off all my business loans. But I lost my business and my retirement, after working most of my life to accumulate it. I never borrowed money I could not pay back and now “I’m the risk”?

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 04:20 PM
That’s my point I was doing what I was supposed to do. Work hard save my money move up the ladder prepare for the future. Only this is not the future I was hopping for.

Pappy
11-03-2009, 04:24 PM
That’s my point I was doing what I was supposed to do. Work hard save my money move up the ladder prepare for the future. Only this is not the future I was hopping for.

Like I said..welcome to the new America.

Same thing happened to my dad...lost everything. Cancer.

The VA did all they could do but he had to seek outside help and it cost him every penny he ever had. Sold everything.

He was able to live another 15 years before dying from cancer attributed to the Vietnam War and Agent Orange. I never heard him complain. At one point he lived in a shack with no bathroom and hitched rides for treatment, that took almost 4 years. When he was somewhat better, he rolled up his sleeves and went back to work. Died working really, broke but knew he did the best he could.

No garuntees

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Yeah I here ya and sorry to here that your dad had such a hard time, and after fighting for this country. You are talking to Mr. frugal here I never had anything growing up and live in a small modest house and have only bought one new vehicle in my life and am still driving it today. I built the house with my own two hands and paid for it as I went.
I never maid a lot of money and what I did make I was saving. Every thing I have is paid for and I have a truck left from my business I hope and plan on starting back up if things get better. It seems like it’s so one sided now and corporate America has taken over and is never held accountable for there mistakes.

Pappy
11-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Then why isnt corperate america being thrown in jail?

Why arent these companies we supported being held accountable?

Why is the government dealing with issues it has no constitutional right to deal with?

When we look back at the last 50 years, we will see that the great hope of making everyone equal failed. This movement started along time ago and isnt going to be over anytime soon.

Nafta, trade deals that do nothing for the country, crime and corruption in our elected officials.....giving our freedoms to anyone who saunters across the border.....creating generations of people that demand support from the taxpayer....

I see a ton of **** wrong but no one willing to fix it. And they wont, as long as there is a way they make money off it or to the point they are staring down the barrel of a gun being told they are dismissed. For now, vote them out.

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Here is a pic of one of my old tree digers, I had 7 of them just a few years ago.

http://i33.tinypic.com/70yx3c.jpg

Pappy
11-03-2009, 05:14 PM
You should have had a F150 and a bed full of illegals with shovels like everyone else

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 05:19 PM
It would be nice to vote them out but that brings up something else that’s wrong with the system. The majority of the vote doesn’t mean that party will win the election. It’s not how many votes one gets but the electoral vote that counts. But I’ll admit it’s gotten so complicated I cant keep up with it.

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 05:20 PM
I never hired an illegal and never will. Though I had to compete with them every day.

Pappy
11-03-2009, 05:24 PM
You might have one of them running the country before you die...

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 05:27 PM
It makes me wonder if Obama decides to do away with the dollar and replace it with the Amero then were all doomed. Better have some gold stashed somewhere!!

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 05:28 PM
You might have one of them running the country before you die...

I think we already do!!!!

Pappy
11-03-2009, 05:31 PM
I think Obama will have his wings clipped in 2010 and have his neck wrung in 2012. But alot of damage can be done till then.

Why do you think many of these programs wont take affect until 2013?

Why such a hurry to dive into health care when we are fighting 2 wars and have a bleak economic outlook here and abroad?

Anyone care to answer my questions? Would love to sleep better knowing im completely wrong:p

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 05:47 PM
I think Obama will have his wings clipped in 2010 and have his neck wrung in 2012.---- Right here is where the peace of butterfinger I was eating went flying across the room. LOL!!!

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 05:48 PM
I think Obama will have his wings clipped in 2010 and have his neck wrung in 2012. But alot of damage can be done till then.

Why do you think many of these programs wont take affect until 2013?

Why such a hurry to dive into health care when we are fighting 2 wars and have a bleak economic outlook here and abroad?

Anyone care to answer my questions? Would love to sleep better knowing im completely wrong:p

Your right , where do we begin?

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 05:54 PM
And I still hate that commercial.

Pappy
11-03-2009, 06:06 PM
We start by getting back to the Constitution and get away from career politicians.

You start stripping the pork in most every spending bill passed in the last 20 years

You hold liable any elected official found to have commited crimes or fraud...and you hold them to the standards in the courts any average Joe would be punishable by.

Equality will be had, but it will be true equality based on you not your skin color or ecosocial status. You enforce the borders, you boot the illegals. You get back to allowing immigrants in this country that want to be here for our freedoms not just for money.

You start hanging criminals in the streets and give rights back to the people.

A few ideas....and I have some rope

derekhonda
11-03-2009, 06:16 PM
I agree whole heartedly. There is not one politician out there that is honest, and these guys that have been there for 20+ years, they are the worst. They got their backs being scratched and then turn right around and scratch someone elses, and all of us lose.

As much as I love this country, I think right now, (call me crazy) I would rather have one person in charge, a dictator, but only if he had the countries best interest in mind. Atleast then we wouldn't be having turtle bridges and healthcare spending, it would be going for necessary things and thats it.

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 06:23 PM
We start by getting back to the Constitution and get away from career politicians.

You start stripping the pork in most every spending bill passed in the last 20 years

You hold liable any elected official found to have commited crimes or fraud...and you hold them to the standards in the courts any average Joe would be punishable by.

Equality will be had, but it will be true equality based on you not your skin color or ecosocial status. You enforce the borders, you boot the illegals. You get back to allowing immigrants in this country that want to be here for our freedoms not just for money.

You start hanging criminals in the streets and give rights back to the people.

A few ideas....and I have some rope

Good start but who's going to enforce it. The ones doing the crime are the ones who are supposed to protect us.

Pappy
11-03-2009, 06:24 PM
The healthcare reform is a smoke screen IMO. I think the left wing would LOVE to get their hands on it but they aint stupid enough to ruin their base of voters over it.

What they can do now is lose, and go back to their base and say we went to the mat for it, and save the base

Problem I see is that alot of America is waking up to the fact that their entire regime is bogus and we are getting stuck with the bill. The poor who voted for changed will get squat as I posted before, the middle class will get run through the mill along with the rich and it will leave us in a mess bigger then we have right now.

Pappy
11-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Good start but who's going to enforce it. The ones doing the crime are the ones who are supposed to protect us.

It starts at the voting booth and from public outcry. If that doesnt work, we will have another civil war. Wont be the first

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Is this where we are headed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMe5dOgbu40