PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Washing

ejmoan1
11-03-2009, 08:13 AM
What is everybody's opinion on pressure washing. I have friend that says since i pressure wash my quads all of the seals will go on the engine and i'm not spraying the engine and suspension seals from like an inch away. I'm pretty sure he's wrong since everybody does it nobody i've talked to have ever had problem.

BakerRacing40
11-03-2009, 08:24 AM
i've never had an issue, countless times i pressure washed all my quads/dirt bikes, at work our pressure washer is a steamer and it hasn't hurt anything either.... well you do have to be careful at the edges of your graphics, unless you don't like them:devil:

stuntin andy
11-03-2009, 08:29 AM
I've always pressure washed mine... never hurt any thing...just don't do it when the motors fine and i think you'll be okay

spanky101
11-03-2009, 09:59 AM
If you use common sense you'll be fine. Don't point it at any seals or bearlings from and inch away and you'll be fine.

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 12:53 PM
If you don't want to presser wash it then get a one or two gallon pump sprayer and get some simple green and wet it down and get the bulk off then spray it down with the simple green and hit it with a garden hose and it will be squeaky clean.

muddy400EX
11-03-2009, 01:30 PM
ive always used pressure washer. it takes forever to get off the mud with that, i couldnt imagine trying to use a garden hose, it would take all damn day:eek2: