PDA

View Full Version : A little test.....

Pappy
11-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Ok..im sick. been sick since I got back from the ironman GNCC. Since then I havent been able to sleep for more then an hour at a time. Flu symptoms, chills fever feel like a truck ran me over etc...

I can deal with the sypmtoms...cant deal with the sleep...or lack of.

So her and her call to the Doc have me sucking on a bottle of wine. Supposedly will make me sleep and feel better.

Ok...1/2 bottle is gone.

Had to get my son Ryan to open it, I aint never used a cork thingy

So I slug down a glass (Its a goofy glass from Disney World) and I tell my boy Ryan that it tastes flat

He informs me its a DRY wine:huh

If this shiot works....I get a nighst rest

If it doesnt, I will post back each time im friggon awake:mad:

Pappy
11-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah..her=wife

ATV Chic
11-02-2009, 09:20 PM
good luck pappy hope it works! :p

Pappy
11-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah good luck to me...tired of not sleeping. getting nurotic and ****. They hod all my guns...chicken ****s

powermadd400ex
11-02-2009, 09:21 PM
XD

good luck hope your feel better and get some rest, sounds like you need it :p

ATV Chic
11-02-2009, 09:22 PM
whiskey and honey fixes everything ;)

Pappy
11-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
XD

good luck hope your feel better and get some rest, sounds like you need it :p

u know what sucks ballz. i dont have to do jack **** last week or this week really. kind of like a vacamtion. could just sleep all day and night but NOOOOOOOOO cant.

its friggon prime time deer season and im to dizzy to get in a stand...and when i do im so sick i could careless if i killa deer or not. neighboirs cows pissed me off tonight, thought hard abou filling my freezer with oine of them loud azzes but figurd id have to deal with his *** and jail would be bad in my state....cant friggon win

Quad18star
11-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Oh Oh .. pappy's sipping on the fire water. This could turn into an epic thread ... or he passes out on his keyboard. Stay tuned for more details. !!!:p

Pappy
11-02-2009, 09:28 PM
no epic threads tonight

ill puke or have to sit on the thrown for an hour beofre i get outta hand.....

Quad18star
11-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
no epic threads tonight

ill puke or have to sit on the thrown for an hour beofre i get outta hand.....

Pussay !!! lol;)

Pappy
11-02-2009, 09:33 PM
hey i can do damage before im done...been there before

Quad18star
11-02-2009, 09:37 PM
hey i can do damage before im done...been there before

H1N1 is a real mofo . Better get yourself checked out in the morning. I know a few people that came down with it and they all had the same symptoms as you.

Pappy
11-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Ive faced worse...ill live!

If i dont, i will be real pised if you hiot on my wife!

Quad18star
11-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Ive faced worse...ill live!

If i dont, i will be real pised if you hiot on my wife!

Hit on her ... **** Ken ... someones gotta keep her warm when you're out travelling the Nationals. Ever notice she's got a smile on her face when you get home? It's cuz I'm sneaking out the bedroom window while she's keeping you distracted.:D

Pappy
11-02-2009, 09:46 PM
LMAO!

Quad18star
11-02-2009, 09:52 PM
I'll be sure to take a picture and leave it on your digital camera the next time I'm there.:devil:

Speaking of which ... got any cameras for sale still, or did you sell them all.

Pappy
11-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Still have the D40...the others all have to head into nikon to get repaired. The season was rough on them:p

Quad18star
11-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Is it just the body , or does it come with lens?

Pappy
11-02-2009, 10:09 PM
No clue, I will have to ask Cody and see what goes with it.

Ok...its 12:'08 am....the wife just arrived home from wrok...I shall be in bed within the next 30 minutes then we will see if teh Doc and teh ol' lady know jacjk spit...hopefully they do!

matt14c
11-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Double shot of nyquil always knocks me out. Im sure if its been going on this long you would have tried that though. Not sure what wine has on nyquil thats some pretty good stuff!!

Pappy
11-02-2009, 10:20 PM
nyquil usually wipes me out for atleast 4 hours....this time NADA

right now its 12:18 am...wife is showing me " I shoot bucks and drive trucks" t-shirts so youd think my *** would be ready for teh sack.....which I am....

i will be asllep shortly...hopefully this is the last you hear of me....i am trying my best to jinx my way to agood nighst rest!!!

AND ITS FRIGGON TURKEY SEASON TO BOOT!!! I could drive aroudn all day with a rifle on my lap looking for a big TOM but NOOOOOOO....I feel like crap instead!:mad:

Pappy
11-02-2009, 10:34 PM
ok 12:34 im out

TEST ON!

tri5ron
11-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Pappy, have you ever heard of Glug?

It's basically a European christmas holidays thing.
Spiced Red Wine warmed in a pan on the stove a little bit, with a cinnamon stick in it. half a bottle of that and its Nighty-nite.
Say hi to Rip-van-winkle for me.

hope you get to feeling better soon.

Quad18star
11-02-2009, 10:39 PM
$10 says he posts back within the next 25 minutes ....

Something along the lines of ... " God Damn nyquil didn't do jack.... the wife kicked me out of bed for tossing and turning so much .... all I can hear is the god damn dogs nails on the floor , does that sucker ever sleep at night ? And to boot , there's nothing in the fridge to eat"

tri5ron
11-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
$10 says he posts back within the next 25 minutes ....

Something along the lines of ... " God Damn nyquil didn't do jack.... the wife kicked me out of bed for tossing and turning so much .... all I can hear is the god damn dogs nails on the floor , does that sucker ever sleep at night ? And to boot , there's nothing in the fridge to eat" LMAO
so your suggesting that he is a bit on the grumpy side ?????
NAH !! couldn't be!

Quad18star
11-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
LMAO
so your suggesting that he is a bit on the grumpy side ?????
NAH !! couldn't be!

I was hoping he was gunna get drunk off the wine ... then see if I could score a good deal on a Nikon D40 camera. LOL:p

tri5ron
11-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I was hoping he was gunna get drunk off the wine ... then see if I could score a good deal on a Nikon D40 camera. LOL:p haha, I picked up on that and was just tryin' to help you out , LOL!

spanky101
11-02-2009, 11:11 PM
By the sounds of things pappy will be a wine drinking kinda guy the next couple days! Little after 1 and still no pappy!

Tommy Warren
11-03-2009, 12:24 AM
2:30.......

Pappy
11-03-2009, 12:48 AM
2:48...an improvement but im still up:(

Pipeless416
11-03-2009, 01:10 AM
more wine!

ps- add sprite to it if you have a real dry wine. i'm not into that either..

QuadJunkies
11-03-2009, 01:28 AM
I know what would help ya sleep... but Im not sure I should be posting it for all the kiddos to read.. :devil:

Pappy
11-03-2009, 03:40 AM
2 hours seems to be the max....5;39

BakerRacing40
11-03-2009, 04:08 AM
dam pappy, hope you get to doing better. i think i'm starting to get something too. besides left over narcotics and alcohol i'm not sure what would help. maybe the doc will give you some of the good shet later...

Quad18star
11-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Ken pop an extra strength Tylenol and a benedryl ... you'll sleep soundly in no time .

stuntin andy
11-03-2009, 08:10 AM
drink saracco wine if u can find it its like apple cider with alcohol its really good and after about 2 or 3 glasses i start getting tired :D good luck dude get well soon

416exfreak
11-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Try sipping on Jack Daniels or Jim Beam instead of wine.

Or some Sailor Jerry's spiced rum. Thats some good/strong stuff...:eek2:

Pappy
11-03-2009, 08:28 AM
2 hours was better then an hour at a time....hopefully by the end of the week ill be back to normal

stuntin andy
11-03-2009, 08:30 AM
i know how you can sleep pappy... go run around the world a few times...it takes like 10 min but climbing the china wall makes me tired.... try that ;)

yellowzo3
11-03-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't know what I'm more worried about... you not knowing how to take the cork out of the bottle... or your son already knowing how to take the cork out of a bottle :p

Anyways, yesterday I had a headache all day, got carsick and threw up in some parking lot :chinese: , been aching all over ever since, and not feeling much better today. Hope I didn't catch something from you over dat dere internetz! Get well soon Pap!

Pappy
11-03-2009, 02:08 PM
The extra sleep did help...im still weak but feel better if that makes sense. UPS driver just told me both his kids have it...lack of sleep was an issue with one of them.

If this is the worst of it im good...just take some time to get over it

mxduner
11-03-2009, 03:56 PM
i took benydril once before and even if i woke up, i was drowsy as heck for a solid 12 hours.

One time back in my hi school days, i, hmm hmm, called in to work sick, my boss gave me the following advice.

Put on 2 pairs of sweats, lay under the covers with a fan blowing on your face, and drink straight whiskey. You will sweat so much that the bug will just purge outta your system:D

So i took advantage of his advice, and had my then gfriend run down to my work and had the boss get us a bottle for that night:blah: :devil: :blah: :devil: and i was under the sheets that night:devil:

ngates788
11-03-2009, 07:35 PM
just grab some hard liquor and drink til ya pass out! you may feel like **** the next day but at least you'll be out for more than 2 hrs at a time lol

tri5ron
11-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ngates788
just grab some hard liquor and drink til ya pass out! you may feel like **** the next day but at least you'll be out for more than 2 hrs at a time lol Lets see,...
Sick,
Fatigued,
AND a Hangover ???
I think I'd pass on that one.

I own wayyy too many guns, and have farrrrr too much ammo, for that to be good for anyone in the vicinity.
(yeah, I'm not your typical "Left Coast-er")
:cool::cool: :cool: :cool:

slightlybent47
11-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Pappy are you drinking again tonight?

Quad18star
11-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Pappy are you drinking again tonight?

I'm hoping he is ... I could use a good deal on a used camera or convince him to let me tag along on the next manufacturer release of a new quad.:D

Sjorge450R
11-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Pappy I am in the same boat....I feel like a mack truck hit me. I might be leaving college so my roommates dont all get it and so that I can see the family doc...I used the typical 2 shot of NyQuil and that put my out for last night.

honda400ex2003
11-04-2009, 12:34 PM
i am in the same boat. i have been coughing and everything for about 9 days now. it is starting to get old. I havent been barfing or anything but being tired and coughing will take its toll on anyone. nyquil is junk, i seem to be feeling better with some of the tylonol cold pills but only for about 3 hours then it is back to coughing again. I have gotten to the point of carrying cough syrup with me and just drinking it right out of the bottle. lol. get better soon pap, steve

buck440
11-04-2009, 06:26 PM
i have an undiagnosed sleep disorder and can almost never sleep/stay asleep so i take 3 or so benadryl and knocks me out or if you wan to go the scenic rout drink a full bottle or two of robotussin dm;)

416exfreak
11-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by buck440
i have an undiagnosed sleep disorder and can almost never sleep/stay asleep so i take 3 or so benadryl and knocks me out or if you wan to go the scenic rout drink a full bottle or two of robotussin dm;)

a bottle or TWO?!?!

A bottle is just fun, but idk about 2. That could lead to a worse feeling than being sick once that much DXM gets metabolized into your blood stream..:scary:

Pappy
11-04-2009, 06:32 PM
I will warn you right now...you can do alot of damage with over the counter meds.

I was down with the flu when I was 16, had an exam for the FD and ended up taking abottle of Triaminic that evening. It is what they believe has ended up affecting my liver. Thats why i dont drink often and I avoid most meds

SRH
11-04-2009, 10:08 PM
they say the sleep you get from drinking is disturbed sleep and rarely do u get rem sleep...

i know a hydrocodone 1 10mg tablet knocks me clean out and i wake up more rested than anything....but there highly addictive and prob not good for a bad liver, they were actually the only pain killer that helped calm nerve pain i was having, thank god i dont need them anymore but i slept great and i was way more fun ...soon as i stopped taking them bam i was all uptight and ambitious again...its scary how much drugs slow you down and you dont even notice....thank god i dont have the addictive personality:p

Pappy
11-04-2009, 10:14 PM
I have a few hundred of those Billy....they are for my back but I rarely take them. When I do, I get a few hours of pain relief but they dont knock me out.

I cut back to 2 cups of coffee, drink nothing really but water now so I know it isnt caffiene related. I am pretty sure its based around this flu and how its affecting me etc...

the only benefit, with the new puppy I am taking him outside quite often:p