PDA

View Full Version : perfect, just perfect...

powermadd400ex
11-02-2009, 08:31 PM
so yesterday me and my dad had planned to go riding after church. so we went to church came home, loaded the trailer, had a bite to eat. and was off. when we got to the parking lot it was like normal, i let my quad warm up, and i was gone and my dad was right behind me.
so about 2 hours later, i suggested we go back to the truck to eat some chips or something. so i tell my dad i will be waiting for him there. so i rode off and i get to the parking lot and waited for my dad to arrive. well after about 15 minutes i was gettting worried cause it only takes about 10 minutes for him to get back to the truck from where we were (3-5 for me hehe), so i called his cell and he didnt pick up, im thinking "oh crap he has wrecked again" so i go off down the main trail looking for him. well i was going about 40 -45, relatively slow compared to what i usually go down that trail, when i come upon a blind corner, ive taken the corner a 1000 times, no big deal. so i slide around the corner and boom, theres a kid on my side of the trail racing his buddy. i see him as soon as i cleared the corner and swerve into the side of trail which is only tall grass and weeds. well he sees me at the very last second and does the same thing. so here we are swerved to the side of the trail going about 40, and thinking "oh *censored* ". so it ends up i rammed his quad on the side in the nerfbar, with my bumper. my quad does like a 180 spin in the air and i bail and land on my back. i was perfectly fine, not a scratch, so within 2 secondsof hitting the ground, im back on my feet making sure the stupid kid that hit me was ok. he was sitting up on the ground and it turns out, he has thrown off and his quad had rolled once and it landed on his leg in the process. so it left a decent size bruise on his thigh, no biggie. as soon as i found out he was ok, i went to make sure my quad was ok, it was fine other than the fact the bumper was trashed and my headlight and hood was cracked and the bulbs were busted..
so i ordered a maier race hood yesterday and im about to buy a new DG nationals II bumper.

so yea, i think the way that incident happened was the best way possible.

oh and heres pics cause i know yall will want some :p

before the crash

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn297/powermadd400ex/Photo_061309_001-1-1.jpg

after

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn297/powermadd400ex/Photo_110109_001.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn297/powermadd400ex/Photo_110109_003.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn297/powermadd400ex/Photo_110109_004.jpg

tri5ron
11-02-2009, 08:35 PM
so what about your dad ???

powermadd400ex
11-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron

i knew i forgot about something.

he took a detour that he neglected to tell me about, to the end of the trail. he tried to call me, but little did he know, he had no service.
so, he was fine, but from now on, he is to meet me in the location we agreed upon, no more last minute detours.

dankbud42o
11-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron

same thing i was thinking lol.

tri5ron
11-02-2009, 09:18 PM
good to hear that everyone is ok.
an inch or two,.. or a moment or two, and things could have been either ALOT worse,...
or,
possibly completely avoidable.

your "encounter" with the other rider is EXACTALLY why I spent $20 at pepboys, and installed "anti-collision lights" on my quad.
I also put them on my daughters quad. Hopefully they can help to alert another oncoming rider a second or two sooner, and result in a near-miss, rather than a direct-hit.

here is a link to a thread showing them, in case you missed it earlier...
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=409535&highlight=strobes

We also ride with 2-way FRS/GMRS radios, that have speakers and mic's installed in our helmets. They are good for about 2 - 2 1/2 miles range with clear communication. We have tankbags mounted for trail riding, and it's a good way to carry the radios protected, as well as a camera, first-aid kit, and some munchies for the ride.
I did alot of reasearch on the radios, and chose the Midland GXT900 models, and the optional helmet speaker kit, with a handlebar mounted PTT button.

just a thought that you might want to consider.
Ride hard, Ride safe, and keep the rubber side down.
Ron

matt14c
11-02-2009, 09:47 PM
I would have left a decent size bruise on the kids eye to match his leg. If you werent paying attention it could have gotten really ugly. What if you were a younger kid? Two way trails are not for racing!

powermadd400ex
11-02-2009, 10:59 PM
thanks ron! ill look into getting me some of the strobes, after this it definatly wouldnt hurt

Originally posted by matt14c
I would have left a decent size bruise on the kids eye to match his leg. If you werent paying attention it could have gotten really ugly. What if you were a younger kid? Two way trails are not for racing!

i would have, but his buddy and two other guys were with him and i was by myself. and one of them looked like he could lift a freaking tank.

exactly, and to think i passed a family with two kids on little honda 90s in front leading the pack, not even a quartermile back before our wreck. im glad it was me rather than them.

and the worst part, the kid put in a dip afterwards and didnt even offer me any. THE NERVE :mad:

Honda#4
11-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Atleast Chris the frame didnt get tweaked, glad your ok. +1 for honda :D

gtt416ex
11-03-2009, 05:51 AM
man that sucks, I'm gald you're ok. At leat you get new parts:D

paganmac_10
11-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Good to hear your ok.... just think could have been way worse....

katch26
11-03-2009, 02:23 PM
wait he didnt even offer you any.....this story just gets better than worse better than worse lol

powermadd400ex
11-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
Atleast Chris the frame didnt get tweaked, glad your ok. +1 for honda :D

+1 for honda and moose! :p

Originally posted by gtt416ex
man that sucks, I'm gald you're ok. At leat you get new parts:D

i know, i cant wait to get my hood. now you just gotta get yours :D

Originally posted by katch26
wait he didnt even offer you any.....this story just gets better than worse better than worse lol

tell me about it, skoal citrus too. i mean the least you can do when you crashed into a guy is be a man and offer him some of your baccer :D

sc400ex_rider
11-04-2009, 08:15 AM
looks like you got a nice piece of scrap metal there. glad your both ok.