PDA

View Full Version : how much will it take?

timmy400exfast
11-02-2009, 05:05 PM
hey guys i do not own the 400 anymore gettin ready for some winter sledin up here but my brother is debating getting a banshee or a R and heres the deal a couple of these kids that he knows there real *******s to him they just got a raptor 660 and the other one just got a 08 yfz now heres the deal i need to know how much $$$ its gonna take to make one of these into a trail/straight line beast i got some extra cash and i wanted to do something nice for him i know this aint the banshee or the 250r forum but i just wanted ur guys input i know the banshee is gonna be faster but is it good on reliability to?

Dobber
11-02-2009, 05:36 PM
are the raptor and yfz both stock?if they are both stock could put a set of pipes on the banshee it should take them both in a straight line

timmy400exfast
11-02-2009, 05:38 PM
i know the 450 is bone stock not sure about the raptor at most would be piped thats all

Dobber
11-02-2009, 05:47 PM
if you had a piped banshee it should take a stock 450 easy..my banshee is piped and tuned in almost perfect and i raced one of my buddies thats got a 450r thats piped and has got a 12.1 piston and in 300ft dirt drags i beat him by about 1 and a half lengths

slightlybent47
11-02-2009, 05:50 PM
I hear the sheee is a money pit. The R is more reliable. Don't worry about who's faster in a strait line. Anyone can pin the throttle and go strait. Go for a trail machine, you'll have more fun spanking them in the woods than on the drag strip. And you’ll have a better machine. And if you want to take them in a strait line make sure you have good tires. So many people spend lots of money on engine mods and neglect there tires. All the mods in the world wont do squat if you can’t put it to the ground.

timmy400exfast
11-02-2009, 05:54 PM
ive heard so many things about shees some good some bad i dont know what to believe any more most the trails here are straight line wide trails he dont like the track just need something to shut the preps up lol plus u can find a banshee for pretty that needs a top end for pretty cheap

Dobber
11-02-2009, 05:54 PM
banshees are only money pits if you dont have them tuned right..but i do agree that the 250r would be better in the woods than the banshee but the banshee wins in a straight line

matt14c
11-02-2009, 06:10 PM
If your brother is just wanting to buy a quad to beat a couple punks in a straight line than I would suggest just tell him to save his money. If they keep talking to beat there *****. If he buys the right quad then it takes an extremely low amount of skill to beat someone in a straight line. You could prolly teach a monkey to do it. Then he will get bored and want to sell then end up taking a loss on the bike. Just tell him to beat up the one kid with the faster fourwheeler to shut him up and take his fourwheeler and race the other one to shut him up. :devil:

timmy400exfast
11-02-2009, 06:12 PM
this has already happened:D your probably right so how fo u think an r will stand in a all around catagory

slightlybent47
11-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Don't worry what those tread monkeys think just get what you want and what makes you happy. Don't play into that crap.