PDA

View Full Version : polishing cost

renegade_400ex
01-15-2003, 09:41 PM
question for all u polishing gurus like chris waters... what all do u need to do decent polishing jobs, where can i get it and how much would it cost for all of it'?
thanx in advance

CBW
01-16-2003, 07:28 AM
www.eastwoodcompany.com

and as for a cost for all of it........well it depends on how much you want;)

My buffing motor was 500.00, and you need more than that to do it all.........i also use an air die grinder with small wheels and grinding rolls..........a air Dual action sander........etc etc.......

good luck and have fun:D ;)

muff
01-16-2003, 11:14 AM
yeah like chris said, it all depends how much you have to spend

i got a $300 30 gallon compressor from home depot
2 die grinders
$100 worth of polishin stuff from eastwood

and i'm gettin a mounted buffin wheel soon, i'm thinkin maybe 3/4 hp and 10" wheels

oh yeah and chris thanks for all the help, just one more question for ya, when applying layers or switching compounds do you always go in the same direction (like always horozontal) or do you switch it up and go opposite directions

CBW
01-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by muff
yeah like chris said, it all depends how much you have to spend

i got a $300 30 gallon compressor from home depot
2 die grinders
$100 worth of polishin stuff from eastwood

and i'm gettin a mounted buffin wheel soon, i'm thinkin maybe 3/4 hp and 10" wheels

oh yeah and chris thanks for all the help, just one more question for ya, when applying layers or switching compounds do you always go in the same direction (like always horozontal) or do you switch it up and go opposite directions

when on the finishing step,,,,,,,,white rouge it is always best to go with the grain of the metal............

but honestly i always seem to change directions to get to all the places............:D :D

and NEVER use different compounds ont he same wheel.......changes wheels........;)

muff
01-16-2003, 07:21 PM
so when i'm using the tripoli and other stuff it doesnt really matter? only on the white rouge right?

yeah i change wheels for each of the compounds, with two die grinders it makes it a lot easier

CBW
01-16-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by muff
so when i'm using the tripoli and other stuff it doesnt really matter? only on the white rouge right?

Yeah thats pretty much how i do it.....;)