PDA

View Full Version : kill switch

Lil90man!!
01-15-2003, 08:42 PM
ok i know what i'm gonna get here why didn't you get the pro-deisgn i know i know but i got the one in the parts unlimited bag not even sure what brand name it is, anyone know how to wire it up, read a thread bout it blowing fuses everytime you killed it, is there anyway to wire it to like the stock kill switch button??? any help is appreciated thanx guys

jay's 300
01-15-2003, 08:57 PM
When I got mine, I tried to hook it up the way they said and it blew fuses everytime you killed it. Finally I just wired it up to the coil wires, works like a charm! Mines an Eimgo, I think. :D

jesshamner
01-15-2003, 10:48 PM
I have the same kill switch. I didn't have any directions with mine so I followed the factory kill switch down the frame to the first plug. I stripped a little of the wire just before that plug and spliced it in there. I wrapped it up really good to keep out dirt and water. Then for the ground wire, I just scratched a tiny spot of paint off the frame and put a metal band (you know...with the screw that tightens) around the frame and tightened with the ground wire in it. It works like it came from the factory. I haven't blown any fuses or anything.

forum
01-16-2003, 10:35 AM
atach the one end to the positive wire on the coil then the other to a ground on the machine. Watch out if you do it backwords the kill switch will ZAP you(it will still work tho). if this happens just reverse the two wire

jay's 300
01-16-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by forum
atach the one end to the positive wire on the coil then the other to a ground on the machine. Watch out if you do it backwords the kill switch will ZAP you(it will still work tho). if this happens just reverse the two wire

that's how I got mine hooked up! :D

skinrider440
01-16-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
I just scratched a tiny spot of paint off the frame and put a metal band (you know...with the screw that tightens)

That is called a hose clamp

i took my stock kill switch apart and cut the two wires and wired mine in there

02 Red Rider
01-16-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Lil90man!!
ok i know what i'm gonna get here why didn't you get the pro-deisgn ....

So why didn't you? :devil LOL J\K