PDA

View Full Version : do limited edition quads run in stock class

desratt
11-01-2009, 05:27 PM
drr and others have limited edition quads do they run in the stock class in say worcs and others???

what about the special editions with fox shocks and such???

raidernut
11-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Before that question can be answered Drr needs to officially announce that they are doing a limited edition or Fox edition, and advertise it on their site. So far after talking with Fox they are not aware of the project actually taking place. Maybe Gary can chime in and add some insight. Before WORCS will consider the idea the manufacturer needs to do their part.

EthansDad
11-01-2009, 08:56 PM
The limited edition of most the dealers refers to the fact they make it more race ready. this varies per dealer, but usually means they add Nerf bars, rims, better tires and stuff like that. All legal per the stock limited rules in the 50 class. This would also include any limited versions that come with aftermarket suspension since that is also legal in the stk limit class.

At the end of the day, if you are thinking of racing bigger races, or the nationals, a "limited" edition quad is a good way to go to get all they stuff you will find out you need later, now:)

bulldogfallon
11-02-2009, 08:36 AM
It varies from series to series...each track and series has their own variation of what they will accept...

Logan #34's Dad
11-02-2009, 02:17 PM
My opinion, This would be CRAP! Limited edition is nothing more than a dealer adding the parts before it leaves his shop. That is not a stock bike. It would be no different that adding an aftermarket cylinder and pipe and saying "Limited Edition".
Now, IF the manufacture sells it directly AND there is 100 machines dispersed throughout the United States (homoglized or something like that) and approved by the series in question, then ok. Until then, they should NOT be allowed in any stock class. Again, someone trying to bend the rules.

dblacks
11-02-2009, 02:25 PM
prior to the fox edition and now the Elka Apex, all limited editions i had seen previously were just adding Nerfs and wheels like in a previous post, which in most seies you can add anyways in a stock class.

Now making special editions with shocks is different. If it is a stock class then I totally agree it must meet the 100 machine rule to be legal and approved by ATVA

Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
My opinion, This would be CRAP! Limited edition is nothing more than a dealer adding the parts before it leaves his shop. That is not a stock bike. It would be no different that adding an aftermarket cylinder and pipe and saying "Limited Edition".
Now, IF the manufacture sells it directly AND there is 100 machines dispersed throughout the United States (homoglized or something like that) and approved by the series in question, then ok. Until then, they should NOT be allowed in any stock class. Again, someone trying to bend the rules.

bulldogfallon
11-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
. Again, someone trying to bend the rules.

I think some have been bending the rules for a while now and nothing happens to them.....

jerkyboy
11-02-2009, 04:01 PM
You said a mouthfull there Gary. But aftermarket shocks that
have no more than 4" of travel are legal at the nationals and
some local disticts.

greenmachine70
11-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
I think some have been bending the rules for a while now and nothing happens to them.....
2 wrongs dont make a right.
If these "LE" quads come out it will only cause an issue, because the only difference in this quad and mine would be the year it was purchased, so I should be able to put fox shocks on too.
This will only cause problems. Leave stock, stock.

bulldogfallon
11-02-2009, 04:06 PM
I see model changes randomly throughout the year so there is no way to know if 2 units are the same.

greenmachine70
11-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by jerkyboy
You said a mouthfull there Gary. But aftermarket shocks that
have no more than 4" of travel are legal at the nationals and
some local disticts.
I would bet the elkas on the apex and the fox on the drr will have more than 4"

jerkyboy
11-02-2009, 04:22 PM
The shock can't have more than 4" of travel. Fox and elka both
make them we ran the elkas on my sons 50 limited for the 2009 season.