PDA

View Full Version : 416 evaluation

Ralph
01-15-2003, 07:53 PM
Hey,

im about to get a 416 kit and stuff as soon as i can and there is so many diff combinatons you can do so i want to hear from any1 with a 416 kit. answer with this form

Piston kit brand:
Compression:

Cam brand:
Hardened rockers: (y/n)
others:

exhaust:
jetting:
airbox mods:

clutch components:

others:

Pros:

Cons:

YZROOSTINYA
01-16-2003, 04:19 AM
je 10.8:1 416
stage 2 hotcam
stock valve train
no choke
K and N
170 main
42 pilot
4th clip down needle
pro meg e series with 12 discs

going to get a xr head gasket and clean up port

YZROOSTINYA
01-16-2003, 04:22 AM
oh, 45 hours no prob on top end, 100 hours on motor
10w-40 hp4 in winter
20w-50 hp4 in summer
10w-40 gn4 for break-in

stock clutch
have wb heavy duty but havent installed yet
prob getting magura hydrualic lever

pros- runs like a mofo and i likkeee alottt:D

cons- i use more fuel and people expect me to ride harder:eek:

RAPTORAZ
01-16-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by YZROOSTINYA
je 10.8:1 416
stage 2 hotcam
stock valve train
no choke
K and N
170 main
42 pilot
4th clip down needle
pro meg e series with 12 discs

going to get a xr head gasket and clean up port

This is a good setup. The only changes I would make would be:

Ross piston over JE (lighter, which will make it rev a little faster)

And 18 discs on the Pro-meg. (more discs equal less restriction, which equates to more top end pull)

If I had to do mine over again, I'd have had the head ported as well. I'm still yearning for more top end pull.

YZROOSTINYA
01-16-2003, 07:11 AM
i am going to go to 18 discs as i have noticed when on WIDE open trails it seems a little restricted

i dint know about the ross at the time of install

i have to replace(preventitive maintanace) the head gasket cause i have the ****ty cometic in their so i am going to go to the xr gasket and i figured i would have the head off so i am gonna get it cleaned up from PROFABATV.COM

I asked scot from pro fab about my jetting and he said no more than a 155???????????:eek: for my set up. i didn't listen to him though

I am thinking about possibly a 165 as it does get a LITTLE flat up top, so i think i might be a litle rich, but i was gonna open up the airbox and exhaust more and see how that does

YZROOSTINYA
01-16-2003, 07:17 AM
John, we use stock Honda oem gaskets with the 416cc kit, anything bigger
than that and we have to go to the aftermarket gasket set, or oem gaskets
modified (enlarged). As fars as your jetting, at sea level, I would go no
more than 155 main and 42 pilot. Thanks, Scott.
ProFabATV.com
721 S. Columbus Street
Lancaster, OH 43130
740.654-0734
----- Original Message -----
To: <info@profabatv.com>
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 9:24 AM
Subject: 416 gaskets

> Scott,
>
> I am curious what type and size of gaskets you use when building 416's.
Also
> what type of jetting are you running at sea level for hard play riding on
a
> stock carb with no choke, stage 2 hotcam, 9 plug, je 10.8:1 piston
>
> Thanks John P

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

see, maybe he thinks i am running a stock pipe or sumpin, that just seems REALYYYYY lean

01-16-2003, 09:12 AM
i had marcums do my 416, with it i got 10.8:1 wiseco/je piston (there the same company now) with a hotcam stage 2, rev box, port and polish, procircuit pipe and a 170 main and it absolutely rips!!!

the setup: im still in the break in period but as for the power, it surely isnt lacking and really woke my ex up. its still winter up here and the average temp is around 28 degrees so i havent had it on the track yet.

if your gonna go mx go with the stage 2 cam. and rev box.

if u ride trails stick with the stage 1, but if u want to go faster buy some descent suspension first, youll be surprised at the results

Wired
01-16-2003, 09:21 AM
lsr im running the exact setup you have except for the rev box and i feel that i have the strongest running ex ive ever ridden. ive ridden quite a few 416's and one 440 (august goebel's) and i felt that my 416 back home outpulled the 440 and the 416 with xr cam of ryan bemis. i really feel that the 416 with hotcams stage 2 with the pro circuit is one of those hard to beat combinations. i know if i was to do it all over again the only thing i would do differently was to spend the extra 50 bucks for the port and polish!

la400ex
01-16-2003, 12:43 PM
I agree with Raptoraz about the ross piston. Mine revs FAST. I have the same set up as him execpt i have the r-4 and he as the e series, i think. Im about to let colby at c&d racing port and polish mine and maybe get a valve job. Later, Ant.

01-16-2003, 01:02 PM
wired, im very happy with the set up and do believe that the port and polish did make a difference in comparison to other 416s. also for mx i love the rev box having that extra grand really helps, and i like my power on the top end.

the only draw back is that i need the stock rev box to get it started in the cold, then i switch.

also could you email me about some of the ramps your responsible for, id love to get my hands on some plans. thanks

Andrew400ex
01-16-2003, 04:39 PM
is the port and polish necessary? is there a big difference with it? when u get a 416 do u have to rejet the carb? wuts the break in procedure after u get the 416? do u have to use a more synthetic oil? thanks a lot,let me know whatever else u think i should now too.:)

Ralph
01-16-2003, 07:45 PM
see im going to get me a nice set up. i bought a quad that i will probably make 1200$ profit off of, so where do u think it is going?

thats right my engine.

lrd full exhaust
hotcams stage 2
416 ross or je 10.8:1 or 11:1(pump gas)
port and polish
powdercoat the cylinder black(outside:rolleyes: )
maybe three angle valve job and possibly some clutch compenents

and guess who is supplieng me?

C&D racing <-kicks ***

YZROOSTINYA
01-17-2003, 04:07 AM
i just pulled my plug last night because it wouldn't start and it was BLACK. I am way to rich up top

I am going down to a 162 or 165