PDA

View Full Version : Let's see those home theaters

derekhonda
10-31-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm stoked, just got mine half way set up tonight. 108" drop down motorized screen. 1080P Hi Def Projector. Surround sound not hooked up yet but will be tomorrow.

derekhonda
10-31-2009, 10:31 PM
wonderful camera phone quality, I know.

yellowzo3
10-31-2009, 10:34 PM
lol I was just about to say that ^^... But thats a SWEET setup man! Did you run all the wire through the walls and stuff for the surround sound? Or is it wireless? Is there going to be a glare or anything from the two windows next to the screen? Get some better pics! :D

Edit- LOL is somebody already watching it in the corner of the picture?

derekhonda
10-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Haha, yeah my buddy was enjoying the talladega race with me.

Yep, fished all the wires up through the wall, you won't see one of them.

As for the glare, projectors look like crap in the daytime. The lights just fight each other and it just doesn't turn out very nice. The skylights are the main problem with letting light in, blinds will be ordered shortly, but it basically is a night time television, sunday afternoon football games just won't be real great on that tv.

MX300ex
11-01-2009, 09:33 AM
sooo what your saying issss you spent all that money for a tv you can really only watch at night? smart

gcart2
11-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by MX300ex
sooo what your saying issss you spent all that money for a tv you can really only watch at night? smart

im guessing you have never watched tv or played games on a 108" tv.

That looks pretty good, Put a really heavy layer of tint on the windows and skylight. with that and some blinds it will be just fine.

SRH
11-01-2009, 09:59 AM
thats pretty bad ***, not getting too personal but whats that go for?

MX300ex
11-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by gcart2
im guessing you have never watched tv or played games on a 108" tv.

That looks pretty good, Put a really heavy layer of tint on the windows and skylight. with that and some blinds it will be just fine.

honestly i dont care how big the thing is. if its really only good for at night its a waste imo. and the hole point to a skylight is to let light in? so putting tint on them really defeats the hole purpose of them.

gcart2
11-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by MX300ex
honestly i dont care how big the thing is. if its really only good for at night its a waste imo. and the hole point to a skylight is to let light in? so putting tint on them really defeats the hole purpose of them.

your right so next time anyone ever installs a projector make sure to remind them to put it in the closet.

lets get practical, its a lot easier to tint a skylight then to get rid of it.

pro-rider46
11-01-2009, 02:51 PM
sweet set up man, i really want to do the same thing in my room. who is the manufacter of the projector. i might look into doing this maybe.

motofreak2772
11-01-2009, 03:20 PM
yeah just get some blinds for the windows and sky lights(some nice ones at that) and it will be perfect. then you can make it night time any time lol.

derekhonda
11-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Wow, a lot of haters on here.

Anyways, I will be ordering blackout cellular shades (I believe thats what they are called). Leave em open all the time, close them when its the afternoon and I want to watch tv. As for during the week, I work while it is light out, so that doesn't bother me much, just as I stated, sunday afternoon games. And I just finished watching the colts game on it, it still looks good, just not as vibrant as at night.

Here is the projector, panasonic ax100u
http://www.projecto********.com/panasonic_ax100.htm

For the story, this was our tv in college (my roomates, real techy guy)

projector msrp 2999
screen 400
surround sound 400
cables, misc 400

Sold me all of it for less than you probably just bought you 32" for, so wasted all that money? No, almost too good of a deal to pass up, even if I can only watch it at night.

derekhonda
11-01-2009, 03:24 PM
not sure why that got bleeped out, its "projec t o r c e n t r a l . com"

derekhonda
11-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Just screen and speakers

derekhonda
11-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Custom Mounts for screen and surround sound

derekhonda
11-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Projector

derekhonda
11-01-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm a big fan of clean installs even though it takes 5 times longer...

derekhonda
11-01-2009, 03:41 PM

derekhonda
11-01-2009, 03:41 PM
My camera isnt much better than my phone, haha

derekhonda
11-01-2009, 03:44 PM
going up

derekhonda
11-01-2009, 03:45 PM
up

madskrillz2
11-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Talk about the place to go to watch football games! The first thing that came to my head was "I wonder what it's like to play COD on something like that".

<DRS>GPF
11-02-2009, 11:30 AM
nice.. ive been planning on doing the same thing.(though maybe not a motorized screen)

my only comment to the negative would be about the screens position relative to the fireplace..

i suppose if youll never plan on doing both at the same time, then its not a problem!

400ex28
11-02-2009, 11:38 AM
nice :cool:

quad2xtreme
11-02-2009, 11:42 AM
fireplaces are the worst. He definitely won't be able to burn a fire no matter where in the room the fireplace is located. There is nothing worse than a flickering lightsource in a home theater room.

derekhonda
11-02-2009, 05:14 PM
It's gas, could keep it low. Im going to try it out, but I'm sure you are right.

michael b
09-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Now that is one huge screen! How has the picture been since it is above the fireplace? Do you still use it?

I have working on my own home theater setup and have it in its own separate room in the basement. The only thing I need to do is get some finishing touches and furniture items. I have a built in bar in the back of the room. I have been considering Berkline seating (http://www.familyleisure.com/Home-Theater-Seats) as opposed to a traditional couch. I just have to talk my wife into letting me spend the money.

What gave me the biggest headache was wiring and fine tuning the surround sound.

F-16Guy
09-08-2011, 08:30 AM
No pics, but I just got done setting mine up a little while back. Our house has speaker throughout with separate volume knobs in each area, so I ended up getting a Pioneer VSX-1020-K 7.1 receiver. I ran a standard 5.1 setup in my living room for tv/movies and used the extra set of channels to run the audio to the rest of the house.
The cool part about the Pioneer is that you can connect it to your LAN. My receiver has it's own website, so I can connect to it with my laptop and program internet radio stations, and it included a free app, so I can control it from anywhere around the house with my wife's iTouch. Lots of neat stuff like that.
My built-in surround and house speakers were in when I moved in - Bowers & Wilkins. I added a BIC America center channel and 12" powered sub. BIC America makes some pretty good stuff for cheap!
My TV is just a 50" Samsung Plasma, but I love the picture quality. I think my plasma looks a lot better than my father-in-law's Samsung LCD - I just hate having to worry about burn-in.

derekhonda
09-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Hey, forgot about this thread!

Picture is good still great, added a few things to the system.
Got 2-12" subs and 1-10" sub on top of my 500 watt 5 speaker system, its rocks to watch a good action movie on.

I never did put a gas log in the fireplace, fireplace is 6 years old and never had a fire! Ohwell.

Got my blinds up, the seal out probably 80% of the light during the daytime. I also framed up some 1x4s and wrapped them in black felt and shoved them up into the skylight. I'm not real happy about it being a permanent black out, but...it works and it was cheap.

Also found out I have an a/b switch on my receiver and took two indoor outdoor speakers and put them on the deck, Kinda cool you can be watching a baseball game and run outside to check the grill and never miss a thing

derekhonda
09-08-2011, 10:24 AM

F-16Guy
09-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Sweet. Looks better with furniture!:D

HondaRacing83
09-08-2011, 02:59 PM
thats badass!