PDA

View Full Version : Kinda 'odd' pipe question ...

Saul76
10-31-2009, 10:22 PM
So as of now I run a Paul Turner '89TRX race' pipe & Fatboy silencer combo. I like it, but only have the stocker to compare it to.

Anyways, the question - up on the narrow section of the pipe where it mounts to the engine/fange is a very small hole. It sits up top of the pipe and looks like it was put there by design.

Anyone know for sure if it's part of the design? It's too perfectly round to be an accident IMHO.

Michael88R
11-01-2009, 08:19 AM
Sounds like a port for a EGT gauge. Someone must have added it at some point. They don't come from Duncan that way.

Saul76
11-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Michael88R
Sounds like a port for a EGT gauge. Someone must have added it at some point. They don't come from Duncan that way.

Very interesting. More info on how to install/hook up said EGT gauge?

250rPRIDE
11-01-2009, 02:22 PM
its easy to hook up. just install it in the hole on the pipe. it tells you exhaust temp ect.. its mainly for drag racing to get you motor dailed in perfectly for every race.

tig weld the hole shut and run it, right now its hurting your performance if its unpluged

Saul76
11-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by 250rPRIDE

tig weld the hole shut and run it, right now its hurting your performance if its unpluged

Hurting much you think?

250rPRIDE
11-01-2009, 05:40 PM
i think it would make a big differance a pipe can be very picky on a 2 stroke and if you have a hole in it loosing all that pressure it will make a differance for sure i would plug it one way or another. i always have my pipe seal up good all the way back, i even had some pro engine builder tell me to keep my silencer packed well because that can make a huge differance i dont know to each his own i guess. ha

86 Quad R
11-02-2009, 06:47 AM
up till now. have you been running the quad with the hole open and exposed?

Saul76
11-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
up till now. have you been running the quad with the hole open and exposed?

Hell yeah. I've had this pipe on her since I got her running a few months ago.

TLR-Online
11-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Saul76
Hell yeah. I've had this pipe on her since I got her running a few months ago.

Pics?? It is a bung welded to the pipe, threaded hole or just a hole??

If it is threaded, i would plug it with something like this, just thread it in until it is smooth with the inside of the pipe:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BodvvaTQL._AA280_.jpg