PDA

View Full Version : Do I need an Outerwears with a UNI

tywebb3
10-31-2009, 09:46 PM
I plan on getting a UNI air filter and will be making an EHS type box lid with some Outerwears material. Do I need an Outerwears on the UNI filter? Rocky Mountain ATV doesn't list an Outerwears for the straight UNI Filter. They have one for the K&N and one for the Pro Design UNI Filter set-up, but not just for a straight UNI? Would the K&N one work on the UNI if I need one?

Brauap
10-31-2009, 10:25 PM
No, you don't. However, if you can find one it wouldn't hurt to put it on. I highly recommend using panty hose on the filter. It works great! It resists water and fine dust. When I take it off my filter, the filter still looks brand new!

NacsMXer
11-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Brauap
No, you don't. However, if you can find one it wouldn't hurt to put it on. I highly recommend using panty hose on the filter. It works great! It resists water and fine dust. When I take it off my filter, the filter still looks brand new!

Yep, you don't need it, but it will help the filter from clogging with dirt prematurely. I just put an Outerwears on my UNI and have an Outerwears on the airbox lid as well.

The K&N Outerwears won't work with the UNI, it's too small. I ordered the correct one for the UNI straight from Outerwears: http://www.outerwears.com/proddetail.asp?prod=4118

TRXRacer1
11-01-2009, 07:59 PM
I'd never run one on a foam filter but that's just me.