PDA

View Full Version : My first sponsorship!

ATVer14
01-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Hi everyone, I just got a call from my local Honda dealer today, and I got a sponsorship from them! I just started racing last year, and decided to send in a resume at the end of the season just to see what might happen, and sure enough they chose to sponsor me! I get dealer price plus 20% on all items in store or any item they can order. How does this sound for a sponsorship, average, good?
Ken

AtvMxRider
01-15-2003, 07:55 PM
Sounds pretty good to me.

Mity Mo
01-15-2003, 08:20 PM
Congrats on the sponsorship. Which Honda dealer is it? And how did the shock rebuilding go? Mo:)

250rmike
01-15-2003, 08:24 PM
sounds good better than what i got nothing. lol

ATVer14
01-16-2003, 05:54 AM
Mo- It's at Fox Valley Honda in Aurora. I sent out my shocks monday, so I'm still waiting for them to get to TCS, but I called and talked to I think Jason or something like that, and he was very helpful. He said that the shock body was hard anodized to prevent rust and disappate heat better. His prices were very competitive, and he said that he would try and see if there was any way he could reuse my stock rear spring since I was getting the +1.25. He thought that this might balance out the weight difference. I can't wait to get them back.
Ken

QuadJunkies
01-16-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by ATVer14
Hi everyone, I just got a call from my local Honda dealer today, and I got a sponsorship from them! I just started racing last year, and decided to send in a resume at the end of the season just to see what might happen, and sure enough they chose to sponsor me! I get dealer price plus 20% on all items in store or any item they can order. How does this sound for a sponsorship, average, good?
Ken thats great!!I may have a sponsor lied up too already for racing also, they told me to come in and talk to them when I know for sure.Mine is a local tire store.Free mounting and disc. tires:D

QuadTrix6
01-16-2003, 01:01 PM
not bad id take it :blah

QuadJunkies
01-16-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
not bad id take it :blah yeah.. I got lucky on this one, we do alot of business there,and they seemed pretty cool with , may not be much,but we all know how tires ans mounteings can add up, that would help me alot!:D

tants
01-16-2003, 05:45 PM
you arent soposed to talk about how much your sponcor give ya a discount...

ATVer14
01-16-2003, 06:03 PM
Sorry Tants if I "arent soposed" to talk about how much my "sponcor give" me a discount. You're sponSORS probably told you that because they didn't want you talking AT ALL. Learn how to spell kid.

QuadJunkies
01-16-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Tants
you arent soposed to talk about how much your sponcor give ya a discount... OOOPS>:o ... didnt know.. this is all new to me;)

nacs400ex
01-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Well, congratulations with your sponsor, and have a good season!

NTPRacing#19
01-18-2003, 02:50 PM
Sorry Tants if I "arent soposed" to talk about how much my "sponcor give" me a discount. You're sponSORS probably told you that because they didn't want you talking AT ALL. Learn how to spell kid.

oh sheit what a slap in the face

stocktires
01-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by ATVer14

Get a life, tants was only trying to help :rolleyes: