PDA

View Full Version : Trail Heaven??

11-22-2001, 07:05 PM
Does anybody know about a place called Trail Heaven in West Virgina??? I can't find any info about it on the internet.

11-22-2001, 07:07 PM
well, I know of a Trail Heaven here in Houston, or well in Willis, Tx. But I dont hink this helps you much.

Taco
11-23-2001, 12:28 AM
your talking about our hatfield mccoy trails
for information go here www.trailsheaven.com

11-23-2001, 10:01 AM
Thanks alot. That place lookes awsome.

11-28-2001, 07:59 PM
The Hatfield McCoy trails are the best trails I've rode!!!! They recently opened another trail there. I went to the Hatfield McCoy Jamboree in October. It was a blast!!!!

One of the trails take you into a town that will allow you to ride to get food and gas. It felt akward being able to ride your atv/motorcycle because for most of us, it is not legal. The people there are great!!! Lots of fun!!! You can ride one of the three trails and spend the whole day at one location. Great set-up they have there!!! It is a definite must go to place!!!!

Have fun!!

MOFO
11-29-2001, 06:00 AM
I've also spent a weekend down there riding the trails. They are some of the best trail systems I've ever rode. Two big thumbs up!

Eric

Scott
12-03-2001, 09:19 AM
My only complaint is the cost. Since most of us would be out-of-state, what I read said it was going to cost me like $50 just for the weekend, and also said there were no camping areas, no riding at night, and the list went on... The camping sounded like an inconvenience (sp?) since I didn't want to have to load up and move twice a day. What do the guys that have been there think? What's it really like, and I don't mean posting "Awesome" a dozen times.
I want to find out as much as I can, because we're planning our riding trip for Memorial Day Weekend, and would like to check out H-Mc.

Thanks in advance!

12-03-2001, 03:00 PM
Unless it changes for 2002, the cost per rider is $25 for a 3-day weekend pass/permit. (And that is for an out-of-state rider). The cost for an annual pass/permit for an out-of-state rider is $50. That is cheap where I'm from (I paid $175 for a year membership at Tower City in Pennsylvania).

If you have a date planned to go their, and you want to camp, call and make reservations asap, Devil Anse is taking reservations for 2002 now. The site holds 21 tent sites and 6 hook up sites, this will increase as the year continues. They have showers on the camp site as well. I wish I would have known this when I went to the Jamboree!!!!!! The cost is $15 a night per tent site, $20 per hook up site. The phone # for Devil Anse is:
304-752-1841, and yes, you can ride the Bear Wallow trail from there!!! Cool!:) The contact name I talked to was Brady, very nice guy.

Otherwise, make plans/reservations to stay at a nearby hotel. I don't know of any other places you can hit the trails from where you stay the night. Anybody that knows, please reply!

There are 3 places/trails. Buffalo Mountain, Bear Wallow, & Rockhouse. My recommendation is to hit Buffalo Mountain first. It is less rocky than the others, it takes you into a small town:cool: where you can gas up and eat, and is a little easier on your body than the other trails(again, this is my experience). Save your body for the other trails!!! If you have 22's, you will be glad to have them through the mud, and yes, there is more mud on this trial than the other two. I recommend having your skip plates on. Don't miss Rockhouse trails, my favorite. I wish I had pictures, because pictures tell a thousand words. I ride at a brisk/fast pace, but the scenery is unbeliveable!!!! On a scale of 1-10, this place is a 10. :D I have yet to see a clean, dry quad rider, except the utility guys and motorcycle guys. I'm sorry, but I can keep going on and on. Do what Nike says, "Just Do It".

Oh yeah, you can call 1-800-592-2217 for info, or their website: trailsheaven.com