PDA

View Full Version : help tnt or anyone

draygarcia
10-31-2009, 02:43 PM
ok my bike just got horrible it will start but wont run long like i minute and then it dies and wont stay running i give it gas and it will run then die and wont start agian for awhile i dont know what to do i going to do the engine ice and new plugs and clean relays but could it be the valves can and one give me the spects on them or can it just need programed for the pipe i cut the pink wire but it didnt help i at a lost i just want it to run right again

ZX11
11-01-2009, 09:32 AM
fuel filter clogged? Tank air vent plugged? Those are things that can make it die after running for awhile. Also, isn't the EFI on running in a cold start mode until it warms up in a minute or so.

TNT
11-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Dray - you just got a pipe right did this all start happening then or was it happening before the pipe? Did you check your idle bypass valve for leaks?

draygarcia
11-01-2009, 08:59 PM
ya i checked the idle by pass nothing it started before the pipe but it would stop and now with the pipe it got worse way worse it starts and will idle but once you push the gas full throttle and let off it dies and wont start again sometimes it will start again and idle for a few if i turn the key of and on like 3 times then try starting it it will run till i give it full throttle then it dies and before the pipe it would run good if i was climbing and stuff but once i got it on a straight and open full throttle it would bog almost all the way out ok i know you got to let them warm up when its cold so i start it and let it idle for like five then go to go and it will do good then die and wont run right again i mean i dont know how limp mode works but i thought once you got the bike cool again it would come out of limp mode right i dont know it kinda seems like it was flooding it self but i didnt know if fuel injected did that and i order plugs so i going to change those and put engine ice in and clean relays see what that does i also wondering where the fuel filter is so i can check it

TNT
11-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Check the fuel filter first and clean the relays......When you pull the plugs turn the key on so the fuel pump pressurizes and push the throttle you should get a mist of fuel out the plug holes.......If your filter is real dirty you may pull your injector and clean it.

Sounds more like a MAP problem and maybe TPS too. You need to go to the dealer get hooked up on budds tell them to check your TPS and see what diagnostic codes you got, maybe a faulty sensor like coolant or air. You may have to go get a PC3 or FCI and go get a dyno tune too. Thats my best guess since when you added the pipe it got worse, it made was wrong worse the fuel/air worse....make sense? If the TPS(Throttle Position Sensor) is off(not calibrated to zero) it throws off the fuel delivery from the ECU. If the MAP is out of range from all the inputs it can not compute the right fuel based on throttle position.

draygarcia
11-02-2009, 03:56 PM
ok i try that see what happens if not i take it to the dealer and see what they say the codes say

TNT
11-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Heres what I been told and understand.......You got to go to the dealer to check your TPS calibration, the dyno tune guy's can't only Budds. Dyno guys can't since they program the PC and the PC does not see the ECU...BUDDS sees the ECU not the PC.

So you dray if after you check everything prob is still there start with the dealer they will set the TPS(or check it)....it has to be set first or the dyno tune will be off. While on budds as I said maybe they can find a fault code which leads you to the prob.

Also one other thing a blown head gasket can cause this weird throttle.....check around your head gasket for small coolant or oil leaks left side by the timing chain. Once recently our TPS was off and our quad would die like yours when you let off the throttle all the way to idle(0-TPS), then we set the TPS to zero w/budds that help it would not die, but we had a small blown head gasket that was getting worse that made it die too and over heat. Sometimes more than one prob can cause this.

Coolant sensors go out often but I would not think they would cause such bad throttle response alone but for $35 you could get one and try it.

big valve gaps alone won't cause such erratic throttle that I know of to answer your question, more of a rough engine while running. I don't got a book but get the gaps from the dealer and check them anyway.

Good luck! :D

draygarcia
11-02-2009, 07:56 PM
ok thanks i feel stupid but where the fuel filter at anyone got a diagram to show me thanks

TNT
11-02-2009, 09:59 PM
lol...I don't see one in the diagram either..they didn't put an inline fuel filter in the fuel line somewhere? Are thier screens in the fuel pump then?

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk191/Terrylport/14T0801.jpg

I don't got a quad or manual here where I work away from home in a different state sorry so I am handicapped on how far I help.

draygarcia
11-03-2009, 08:30 PM
its cool i didnt see it in one either thats why i asked i well check tomorrow when i start checking the stuff on my quad and i let you knowthanks

znutt
11-04-2009, 07:42 PM
mine did the same thing when the flywheel bolts broke. pull off your starter side cover and check the stator

draygarcia
11-04-2009, 09:42 PM
ok i try that i changed the coolant to engine ice and clean all relays and changed the plugs and at first it was still doing it but after a few it stopped and ran fine i took it up to top speed and ran good i didnt really get to ride it alot today it was dark when i finished and i took my light off so ya but this weekend i will ride it see what happens i let you know what happens thanks guys