PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Problems Are Just not Good ! Need HELP!

born2ride14
10-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Ok so we have been having trailer light problems. Long story short, we had a bad short in our 2000 4x4 tahoe. A wire from the battery hit the exhaust melted the insulator and shorted out the truck. every thing seems to be working fine except the parking lights. the switch was fidgity, so i popped a piece of the dash back and 2 of the wires were completely melted and messed up all the way back into the dash. I have a race in 2 weeks that i need to use the truck to pull the trailer. But the thing is ill be out of town this week leaving me a week to take the dash out and figure out what i need and get it back together. Thats not going to happen. So she is gonna go in the shop, along with the trailer. How much am i looking at to get the truck done at the stealership? It is probably going to be very labor intensive. I am thinking any were from 900- 2000 bux.

gt400ex
10-31-2009, 02:56 PM
On a 2000 you should have fuses in the cab near the door jam and some under the hood, the trailer light fuses are under the hood check there first. If its not that electrical is one of those things that can take an hour to find and 5 seconds to fix so I couldnt see it being over 1000.