PDA

View Full Version : race cut fender lines

dariusld
01-15-2003, 07:01 PM
My son wants his front fenders cut. I want them as big as possible and still look "cool". I think my starting point will be the curve in the fender. How much lower am I going to want to go from there. I really don't want to cut them and then say "that's not low enough". I just want to cut once. I've heard to tape a line, then cut and just "eyeball it". But I just want a general idea for a good line. Thanks in advance. I've searched and read alot of the other posts on race cut fenders but didn't get alot of ideas on lines.

ill_lil_romey
01-15-2003, 07:34 PM
I suggest taping a line first, then cutting. I use a jig saw or a hack-saw blade. A good starting point would be just inside the curve, at least thats where I started when I cut mine and my riding buddies'.

TRX250XFIRE
01-16-2003, 07:28 PM
I got my fenders cut and they look really cool but still have alot of protection from the mud and stuff, No one else from around here have them like that thats y i like them, i will get u a pic this weekend possibly.

ATV_MAN
01-16-2003, 10:40 PM
i would start at the bottom of the curve the slowly move out untill u reach the highest part of the curve then back back down off of the curve