PDA

View Full Version : This crappy economy

mx8
10-29-2009, 01:50 PM
How has this crappy economy and the price of everything going up effected everyone. I know that I don't buy as much fun stuff as I used to. I got laid off a while back and it made me look at things different. I am back to work now, but I think twice before buying now. I used to race motocross and buy top of the line everything. But now those 600.00 a arms don't look so good. We still woods ride but the thrill of racing just is not there. :(

Stiles86
10-29-2009, 02:35 PM
600 bucks! where do you shop at? mine coast me 1200.... but yea your right i wanted to build another bike this winter but im so worried about my job i scrapped those plans

One_Bad_400
10-29-2009, 02:43 PM
i went from doing the TT national season every year, a few moto crosses, and practicing all the time.

now i've done 1 TT, 1 MX, 3 mx local races down the street. and now i have to practice in my backyard or in my head :(

and 2010 aint going to be any better. its going to be all back yard and all local. i at least got to do 1 or each national this year.

oh and now i'm always on the computer. dont have the money to even walk out side. i blow exriders and facebook up

dpizz450
10-29-2009, 06:03 PM
I have been very blessed. I have made more money in 2009 then last year. I'm only 20 years old, but still. I actually purchased a house about two months ago. (dad helped with down payment, I pay ALL bills and note every month.) That also has alot to do with me working so many hours. (mostly 7 days a week for some time now) But i can not complain. I work in the industrial construction industry. The economy has not hurt Louisiana cons. industry to bad. I have seen ALOT of ppl come from texas all year long to work in the plants here, because there is no work in texas. The prices on everything around here has deff sky rocketed! especially groceries! geeeezz!

good luck to the rest of you.

SRH
10-29-2009, 06:15 PM
i hate hearing bad economy bad economy, big deal, complaining isnt going to fix things, it cracks me up people beleive there entitled to everything they desire because they work 40 hrs...thats a big hoax not to mention laughable, people profitted from that way of thinking and got too greedy and it caught up with them,the american dream is like holding the carrot in front of the horse to make him run....horse gets the rider going where he wants to go, and the horse is all tired out and just gets a lousy carrot while the guy riding got what he wanted by exploiting a dumber animal.....same principle ..if people only spent what they made when it was in there hand we wouldnt be hearing people cry

it cracks me up, people seem to do things and figure out things about life in stages and some people never get out of the first or 2nd stages, and thats prob 90% of the population....the rich wouldnt be so rich if the poor werent so dumb

TroyLeePred03
10-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by dpizz450
I have been very blessed. I have made more money in 2009 then last year. I'm only 20 years old, but still. I actually purchased a house about two months ago. (dad helped with down payment, I pay ALL bills and note every month.) That also has alot to do with me working so many hours. (mostly 7 days a week for some time now) But i can not complain. I work in the industrial construction industry. The economy has not hurt Louisiana cons. industry to bad. I have seen ALOT of ppl come from texas all year long to work in the plants here, because there is no work in texas. The prices on everything around here has deff sky rocketed! especially groceries! geeeezz!

good luck to the rest of you.

its not hard since most places will give any retard a lone for some nice 30% interest rate these days...

then lets all sit around and ***** about a ****ty economy.....

we are putting people in houses they cant afford....

scaring away people that could have afforded it....

I have a diesel/industrial mechanics degree....it took me 3 months after graduation and about 40 resumes and i got a job working on tractors and equipment and only because some kid was moving closer to home....i had money saved up to start a small business but its more of a challenge to set it up and find the area and market i am going to go after.....

and i wouldnt be pissing away your money too quickly....the construction industry isnt exactly booming anywhere its slowing down little by little all over even if you dont think so...of course your in lousiana...99% of new orleans had to be rebuilt

Robin Hood
10-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by SRH
it cracks me up people beleive there entitled to everything they desire because they work 40 hrs

My dad works at least 60 hours a week as a heavy equipment operator/general contractor. He builds anything that the Civil Engineers tell him to. A day trader over at wall street will produce absolutely nothing, work less than 40 hours a week, and still manage to get a million dollar bonus at the end of the year while my dad busts his *** to keep the family afloat and keep me in college.

Are we entitled to a million dollar bonus?

SRH
10-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
My dad works at least 60 hours a week as a heavy equipment operator/general contractor. He builds anything that the Civil Engineers tell him to. A day trader over at wall street will produce absolutely nothing, work less than 40 hours a week, and still manage to get a million dollar bonus at the end of the year while my dad busts his *** to keep the family afloat and keep me in college.

Are we entitled to a million dollar bonus?

haha that is another thing that cracks me up...... why doesnt your dad go work on wall street then?

any human being can do physical labor...and can do work there TOLD to do...not knocking your old man but working hard physically has 0 to do with what your paid...thats a big misconception...

being able to backstab, and think your way into situations and handle business and numbers is where the money is.... your dad works consntruction because thats the path he chose....where as a big ceo etc was born to think in terms of there area of business...if your dad has no intrest in working on wall street then he has to be satisfied living on construction wages...not working construction and living on a wall streeters salary hes not entitled to it because someone else does it.....every worker and job are necessary but some people got greedy and took advantage of the situation thats the basis for the whole problem with the economy rigth now...im not picking your dad out but using it as an example

dpizz450
10-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by TroyLeePred03
its not hard since most places will give any retard a lone for some nice 30% interest rate these days...

then lets all sit around and ***** about a ****ty economy.....

we are putting people in houses they cant afford....

scaring away people that could have afforded it....

and i wouldnt be pissing away your money too quickly....the construction industry isnt exactly booming anywhere its slowing down little by little all over even if you dont think so...of course your in lousiana...99% of new orleans had to be rebuilt

haha oh my oh my. how misinformed you are. retard? 30%? I think not. Try interest rate locked in at 5%. Lowest its been in forever. Rebuild all of New Orleans? I have not worked one hour inside of New Orleans. Good try though. I was actually offered a job in New Orleans not to long ago, and turned it down.

industrial consruction slowing down over here? I think not. I just came off of three shutdowns, working 7 days a week 10 hours a day.

I just started today at ExxonMobil building the largest diesel unit in the United States. The largest project ExxonMobil has going on in the world right now.

Now what were you saying to make yourself look a little stupider?

mx8
10-29-2009, 08:29 PM
If I have to BACKSTAB to make dirty green paper for a living. Then I don't call that a living, I call that a LOWLIFE SCUM with no morals. My wife and I both make I think good money. We are not in over our heads on our house and don't have much debt at all. I'm not crying about anything. I'm just saying everything is going up in price and so many people are out of work. I talk to so many people that are scared to spend money because they think that there job is going to be cut next.

SRH
10-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by mx8
If I have to BACKSTAB to make dirty green paper for a living. Then I don't call that a living, I call that a LOWLIFE SCUM with no morals. My wife and I both make I think good money. We are not in over our heads on our house and don't have much debt at all. I'm not crying about anything. I'm just saying everything is going up in price and so many people are out of work. I talk to so many people that are scared to spend money because they think that there job is going to be cut next.

theres nothing wrong with the way you live but your not going to make millions without beinga ruthless business man, even the guys with the good images have dirty work to take care of, what you call lowlife scum is human nature, im sure 99% of the population is guilty of it, but on a smaller scale than big business which makes it seem morally okay...dont forget morals were developed to keep human nature in check... religon is fading away...whether you beleive there lowlife scum or not you better be conscience of how people ooperate or youll be a victim, people feel that life is a luxurious fun time and there boss cares about them, when there just and entity he uses to achieve his desires, so no one bothers to protect themselves and prepare for the bad times , its the price you pay living for the moment

mx8
10-29-2009, 09:56 PM
To each there own, I do know how most people think most are out for #1 and don't care for the next guy or family there hurting. I have seen it first hand. If I had to backstab or know that I made a family homeless to make dirty green paper, I would rather work for 7.00 an hour. At least I could sleep at night. I believe what goes around comes around. ;)

quad59
10-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Speaking for the commercial construction boys, having family running and owning buisness's in this filed heres my 2 cents. Interest rates are or were down sparking the people who have the kind of money for these large projects to look into remodeling or building new. Whats booming at the moment is hospitals,health care buildings and someone mentioned exxon facilitys naturally big oil has money to spend. Whats not hot these days, retail(large malls), auto production of any kind or equipment production,buisness office space. These areas took a hit and continue to take a hit. Also consider the fact the plans for the commercial project you are working on now could have been bid and contracted as far as 4 yrs ago. These large projects take time so there will be some lag time before all the big jobs are done and the next one is not coming. Around here Ford,GM,and Chrysler remodeling and new construction was the bread and butter, now its hospitals, and colleges.

dpizz450
10-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by quad59
Speaking for the commercial construction boys, having family running and owning buisness's in this filed heres my 2 cents. Interest rates are or were down sparking the people who have the kind of money for these large projects to look into remodeling or building new. Whats booming at the moment is hospitals,health care buildings and someone mentioned exxon facilitys naturally big oil has money to spend. Whats not hot these days, retail(large malls), auto production of any kind or equipment production,buisness office space. These areas took a hit and continue to take a hit. Also consider the fact the plans for the commercial project you are working on now could have been bid and contracted as far as 4 yrs ago. These large projects take time so there will be some lag time before all the big jobs are done and the next one is not coming. Around here Ford,GM,and Chrysler remodeling and new construction was the bread and butter, now its hospitals, and colleges.

I work industrial consruction, not commercial.

cosinostra
10-30-2009, 05:33 PM
There's sooo many dicks in this world and some of them are on this forum ....

outacontrol
10-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by SRH
theres nothing wrong with the way you live but your not going to make millions without beinga ruthless business man, even the guys with the good images have dirty work to take care of, what you call lowlife scum is human nature, im sure 99% of the population is guilty of it, but on a smaller scale than big business which makes it seem morally okay...dont forget morals were developed to keep human nature in check... religon is fading away...whether you beleive there lowlife scum or not you better be conscience of how people ooperate or youll be a victim, people feel that life is a luxurious fun time and there boss cares about them, when there just and entity he uses to achieve his desires, so no one bothers to protect themselves and prepare for the bad times , its the price you pay living for the moment

i dont want to sound like a complete dick here, but why are you telling other people their opinions are wrong, because they differ from yours on this stupid economy. Most of us on this forum are hard working middle class people, some by choice, some by circumstance, we werent born with golden spoons in our mouths, and we dont know the right people to "give" us 6 figure jobs. Our parents did not have 6 figures to send us to Yale, to get our masters degree to battle for the wall street jobs, and even though most of us would like to make more at what we do, we can go to bed at night being proud that we dont have to rely on someone else providing for us, what happened to making a honest living, and enjoying life, government was screwed up when our parents were our age, and its no different now, but i guess you living through the depression would understand that... oh wait you werent born to know what controlled that economy. Obviously you have all the answers on why the economy is the way it is, so why dont you move down to 1600 pennsylvania ave, and get yourself an oval office.

KevinAb
10-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Just my 2 cents-

1) Get over the wealth envy crap. Successful (RICH) people provide jobs for the other 90% of us. I work at a small 20 person engineering firm. My boss sacrificed a lot to get the company up and running, has a gift for business, brings the work in the door, and we get it done. So he provides jobs for the rest of us. Does he deserve the 6-figures he makes? Hell yes. Does he have to make shrewed business desicions that make him look like a dick? Yes, sometimes you have to make tough choices to be successful.

2) Get your crap together and have something to offer. I wanted a degree, so I did 2 tours to the Persian Gulf to get the GI Bill. So after 4 years in the military and 4 years of school, I got mine. It opened doors and gave me skills and experience to get and keep a job in a crappy economy.

Bottom line- You make your own bed, and you lie in it. Quit whining.

SRH
10-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by KevinAb
Just my 2 cents-

1) Get over the wealth envy crap. Successful (RICH) people provide jobs for the other 90% of us. I work at a small 20 person engineering firm. My boss sacrificed a lot to get the company up and running, has a gift for business, brings the work in the door, and we get it done. So he provides jobs for the rest of us. Does he deserve the 6-figures he makes? Hell yes. Does he have to make shrewed business desicions that make him look like a dick? Yes, sometimes you have to make tough choices to be successful.

2) Get your crap together and have something to offer. I wanted a degree, so I did 2 tours to the Persian Gulf to get the GI Bill. So after 4 years in the military and 4 years of school, I got mine. It opened doors and gave me skills and experience to get and keep a job in a crappy economy.

Bottom line- You make your own bed, and you lie in it. Quit whining.

agree 100%, i wasnt trying to be a dick, just giving you the reality of the situation....dont call me a dick because im speaking the truth...you can only play the hand your dealt, im not a rich wall streeter but i know being jealous and angry about the way the world works will only make me bitter, understand and embrace that and live your life

like he said his boss has a gift for business, a gift... you can make muscles strong but you cant make brains smart

SRH
10-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
i dont want to sound like a complete dick here, but why are you telling other people their opinions are wrong, because they differ from yours on this stupid economy. Most of us on this forum are hard working middle class people, some by choice, some by circumstance, we werent born with golden spoons in our mouths, and we dont know the right people to "give" us 6 figure jobs. Our parents did not have 6 figures to send us to Yale, to get our masters degree to battle for the wall street jobs, and even though most of us would like to make more at what we do, we can go to bed at night being proud that we dont have to rely on someone else providing for us, what happened to making a honest living, and enjoying life, government was screwed up when our parents were our age, and its no different now, but i guess you living through the depression would understand that... oh wait you werent born to know what controlled that economy. Obviously you have all the answers on why the economy is the way it is, so why dont you move down to 1600 pennsylvania ave, and get yourself an oval office.

lol sorry if you misinterpreted what i was saying... but i truly beleive if thats what you aspired to do, you could be right down on wallstreet whether you were born into it or not if its what you want i beleive 100% you could, but most peoples parents just dont bother to understand things and pass the same beliefs down to there kids

heres the thing, people on wall street who do some grimey stuff prob sleep way better than we do worrying about bills house payments etc , thats a big crock, people dont do things they think are wrong no matter who you are, making a honest livinga nd enjoying life? your not entitled to that, its all propaganda....its the carrot and were the horses

i kinda wonder how you can say you go to bed without relying on someone, rich or poor we all need each other to do w/e we do

in reality it doesnt matter if you make a mill or 30 grand, if you desire to live a lifestyle and you live it, the problem comes when you want to work this job and live this lifestyle...and one doesnt provide for the other you over extend and then cry about it... thats what im talking about.... im not speaking down on the working man or talking up the business man

KevinAb
10-30-2009, 08:51 PM
SRH you're on the right track. Keep in mind the economic slump is temporary. It sucks for everybody right now, and will be tough for the next few years. Keep your own goals in mind. Your working life is 30-40 years and this will pass.

Where do you want to be? The guy who keeps making the $7/hr whining about the boss cause he makes too much money? Hello! Take notes on what the boss is doing and figure out how he got there, or stay in the trailer park. I love to quiz successful people on how they got to where they are.