PDA

View Full Version : Testing Electrical

matt14c
10-29-2009, 09:11 AM
I have my project pretty close to being finished and have the wiring harness on. Last night I checked to see if I have spark and I have nothing. I have a simple harness with no lighting stuff. I have a two wire plug that connects to the motor and a single blk/red wire. The white wire coming out of motor has nothing going to it. Normal? I have a 4 wire and 2 wire plug going to cdi then ground then ignition coil and a tether for a stop switch. How can I go about testing this thing out? I have a multimeter. Before I assume something is wrong. I should have spark if pull the plug ground it on the head and then crank over engine by the kick start right?

I did all the tests in my manual and everything checked out. Is there a way to test the cdi itself? Thats pretty much the only thing that the manual doesnt have a test. That my problem if everything else checked out?

These are all resistant tests. Does that prove that im getting voltage?

jcs003
10-29-2009, 03:14 PM
im not getting spark on my new build. i also got a simplified harness with only a pro-armor kill switch. everything else should be good...WTF!

rrguy
10-30-2009, 10:11 AM
no real way to test cdi i know of , besides swaping it out, you can ohm the stator, & coil, take the tether out of the circuit, try a good plug any one that fits the wire just to see if it is spark.