PDA

View Full Version : Tail light

tayyo789
10-28-2009, 10:22 PM
I am getting bored with the appearance of my hybrid's taillight. Its from a 2004 400ex, so its the oval shaped one. I was wondering what cool shaped lights there were out there to replace it with. I can do all the fab work, and the wiring, and I dont have a price range, so anything goes.

Honda4life05
11-05-2009, 03:28 PM
maybe get the newer style from the 05+ with the led's? you can get one pretty cheap on ebay.

spanky101
11-05-2009, 04:07 PM
kfx 450's have a pretty sweet looking tail light imo

tayyo789
11-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Im really looking for something thats one off. like a sweet looking street bike one or something. something to set me apart in a crowd

Pipeless416
11-06-2009, 11:50 AM
r6 tail light..im looking for the thread on it.. love your hybrid btw.

tayyo789
11-06-2009, 01:22 PM
thanks for the compliment on the hybrid. that r6 light sounds like it would be cool looking. i love the look of the newer ones

Pipeless416
11-09-2009, 03:34 PM
the thread i was looking for ended up popping up today http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=307005&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

tayyo789
11-09-2009, 07:35 PM
:eek2: thats exactly what i had in mind. thanks pipeless

bert400
11-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Or you could buy a newer YFZ450 light? Thats what I used and hooked it up for a brake light too..I love it and I havent seen another 400 with one!

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o55/bert400/100_1956.jpg

4x4_war
11-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by tayyo789
Im really looking for something thats one off. like a sweet looking street bike one or something. something to set me apart in a crowd
Ya. i have a 1995 trx300ex. and i might be putting a 450r engine in it if i can get ahold of one :) anyway, i just went to a truckstop, or you can order them fron tsc (tractor supply company), or others. i just got an oval light for a semi, with the leds, and a bracket, and i bent and cut a piece of flatsteel and mounted it right to my grab bar front bolts. i didnt have to change the bolts, but i have a dg grab bar... so. just letting yaknow. and oh yeah, i also have one round led light on each side of the oval. and trust me, if you hook up the high side of the light, its really bright. but idk if newer ones have brake lights, so that's my 2 cents. :) hope you find one youre looking for.

tayyo789
11-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by 4x4_war
Ya. i have a 1995 trx300ex. and i might be putting a 450r engine in it if i can get ahold of one :) anyway, i just went to a truckstop, or you can order them fron tsc (tractor supply company), or others. i just got an oval light for a semi, with the leds, and a bracket, and i bent and cut a piece of flatsteel and mounted it right to my grab bar front bolts. i didnt have to change the bolts, but i have a dg grab bar... so. just letting yaknow. and oh yeah, i also have one round led light on each side of the oval. and trust me, if you hook up the high side of the light, its really bright. but idk if newer ones have brake lights, so that's my 2 cents. :) hope you find one youre looking for.

I have a tail light, but from a 400ex. I don't like round or oval shaped ones, I feel they are too "boring". I don't really care about brightness, since I hardly ever ride at night, but to have the one off look during the day is what I'm really going for

camaromitch
11-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by tayyo789
I have a tail light, but from a 400ex. I don't like round or oval shaped ones, I feel they are too "boring". I don't really care about brightness, since I hardly ever ride at night, but to have the one off look during the day is what I'm really going for

The R6 taillight is a great look and very inexpensive (i think it was less than $30 from ebay) but make sure and utilize all 3 mounts on it if you ride hard. All three on my brothers are already broken from riding. Spend your time making a mount that you can use rubber to mount it at all 3 points. Of course, once the mounts are all broken you can still run a zip tie down the middle of the light and hold it to the bracket just fine, so really nothing lost from a distance.

tayyo789
11-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by camaromitch
The R6 taillight is a great look and very inexpensive (i think it was less than $30 from ebay) but make sure and utilize all 3 mounts on it if you ride hard. All three on my brothers are already broken from riding. Spend your time making a mount that you can use rubber to mount it at all 3 points. Of course, once the mounts are all broken you can still run a zip tie down the middle of the light and hold it to the bracket just fine, so really nothing lost from a distance.

thanks for the pointers. my bike is a bit of a shaker, so i have lots of rubber mounts on it. sounds like the tail light wont be different