PDA

View Full Version : another snorkle jetting post!

jvlavl
10-28-2009, 07:21 PM
ok..heres the deal. I did search but didnt see any specific jet sizes talked about to give me a good starting point. I am running a stock drr plastic snorkle on a lc 09 drr 90 with a 24 mmcarb. bike hesitates and cycles through a couple of bogs when the throttle is pinned hard. it takes about 2 seconds and will catch up. it responds best when the mixture screw is about 1/2 turn out. main is 110, pilot is 52. my guess is that the bike is wanting more fuel on low end. thinking of starting with upping the pilot??:confused:

A.Kersey321
10-29-2009, 06:53 AM
On these little quads if it runs bad it could be to much fuel or not enough, there tricky to work on, i say try a 60, pilot jet see if its better. It be safer to go rich before lean. Do you need to keep the plastic snorkel.

jvlavl
10-29-2009, 07:18 AM
i have to keep the snorkel. my son and i ride through some creeks and we never know how how the water is going to be. i just got done with a complete engine overhaul do to drowning the engine in muddy water.

i dont think my carb prob is float related, i have it as high as it will go without overflowing. the bike was running out of fuel at the end of straights. i assumed it was a dry bowl and adjusted the float accordinglly. it does seem like the petcock flows kinda slow?

jetta75
10-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Is the above jetting how you had it with the filter clamped on the carb? Did it run good then. If it is and it ran good, then you need to go leaner since you aren't getting as much air with the snorkle on there. You may have to go leaner on all circuits. I would see how many mm the float is supposed to be set at and set it at that.

If screw is less than 1 turn you may need bigger pilot.

jvlavl
10-29-2009, 12:03 PM
i may have my thought backwards...i thought screwing in the air mixture screw shuts of the air and richens the mix and the oppisite when turned out. and since i could get it to run better the farther i turned it in the richer the bike liked it?

jetta75
10-29-2009, 12:52 PM
You are right I was thinking 4 stroke carb. I changed my post. You should adjust the float to were it should be for the carb before you change jetting. Is the jetting how you had it with the carb clamped on?

jvlavl
10-30-2009, 07:08 AM
115 main and 60 pilot seemed to have got rid ok the bog and top end is good for now. mixture screw seems to be comfortable at 1-1-1/2 out.

while dealing with this process i noticed the 24 flatside carb may have a powershot sprayer (clear hose running to the top of carb opening)? if this is true, does anyone know how it works since there isnt a pump anywhere. i am familiar with the bigger bike pumpers. my wr250 sprayer had to be modded to work right.
also read some info on the 6 racing carb that g-force sells and they say it is a powershot carb. getteing that shot of fuel when throttle is cracked wide open sure helps the jetting problems for me.