PDA

View Full Version : Stroker Crank w/Aftermarket Piston

Ruf Racing
10-28-2009, 12:59 PM
I know this picture explains the short rod stroker. Meaning any stock pin placement piston will work on a HR stroker crank. I'm currently running the Wiseco piston that comes with the CW cylinder. If I would switch to a CP or JE, there should be no issues, correct? Thanks.

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee328/RideRed187/450R%20Pics%20Parts/HotRodStrokerExplaination.jpg

desratt
10-28-2009, 02:39 PM
the other and best in my opinion is a piston with the wrist pin location different and the same size4 rod as stock.. there is less side thrust on the piston aned cylinder.

chad502ex
10-29-2009, 06:56 AM
yes, your assumption for the HR short rod +3mm stroker is correct. Most aftermarket 97mm pistons, including mine, are designed to maximize the pistons compression height, yet provide adequate P-V clearance and still optimize squish clearances.

Ruf Racing
10-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by desratt
the other and best in my opinion is a piston with the wrist pin location different and the same size4 rod as stock.. there is less side thrust on the piston aned cylinder.

So you use a offset wrist pin location piston on a stock long rod
with the stroker crank?

Ruf Racing
10-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by chad502ex
yes, your assumption for the HR short rod +3mm stroker is correct. Most aftermarket 97mm pistons, including mine, are designed to maximize the pistons compression height, yet provide adequate P-V clearance and still optimize squish clearances.

Chad, opinion on the offset wrist pin location? Thanks.

chad502ex
10-29-2009, 08:26 AM
offset pin location using the HR +3mm short rod stroker crank is not required so I have no opinion of it-really.... however, if your stroker crank is not the 'drop-in' HR stroker crank, then I would have an opinion on pin location...

keep in mind that your static compression piston you buy will be slightly higher installed in the +3mm stroker setup... this is because of the stroke increase increases static compression value...

Ruf Racing
10-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by chad502ex
offset pin location using the HR +3mm short rod stroker crank is not required so I have no opinion of it-really.... however, if your stroker crank is not the 'drop-in' HR stroker crank, then I would have an opinion on pin location...

keep in mind that your static compression piston you buy will be slightly higher installed in the +3mm stroker setup... this is because of the stroke increase increases static compression value...

The question was, stock length rod on a HR stroker crank. Then you need a offset pin location. For the piston, you don't list one that will work for me on pump gas.

desratt
10-30-2009, 10:37 AM
I didn't realize this was about the hot rod stroker in perticular .. I was just talking about strokers in general...
I prefer the long rod ones with the wrist pin location raised.