PDA

View Full Version : trx 9

LONG-ROD
10-28-2009, 05:26 AM
just put my new trx 9 pipe on. sounds really good. and has an awesome power curve to it. My head pipe turned blue and purple, is this normal on a new pipe?

1promodfan
10-28-2009, 10:32 AM
My TRX-9 did the same thing. No worries, its perfectly normal. If you get some "Turtle Wax" brand chrome/aluminum polish, it'll come right off. Once you ride a while and keep it polished, it doesn't turn blue as bad.;)

How do you like the mid-range and top on that thing? It pulls really great don't it?:D

Hoppedrap
10-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by LONG-ROD
just put my new trx 9 pipe on. sounds really good. and has an awesome power curve to it. My head pipe turned blue and purple, is this normal on a new pipe?

I'd call ESR, I had a five do that and they said it was a bad batch from there chromers. None of my other pipes has done this to me and I've had a lot of different pipes over the years.

LONG-ROD
10-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Really, I will check into it. and ya the mid rang hit is awesome and revs out way more then my Bill's pipe ever thought of.

derby
10-28-2009, 06:13 PM
It is not a bad batch unless esr is not selling pipes. My trx5r that is over 2 years old did that. Surly if you just got yours it is not the same batch. My previous trx5's(satin chrome) never did this. When esr revised/reworked the pipes they started using a new chromer. The new chrome is what I call mexi-chrome. Basically you get show chrome unlike their previous pipes for the same price. Corners have to be cut to pass savings on to the consumer. They are good pipes just bad chrome. The only solution I have found it to rebuff the pipe.

speedfreek
10-28-2009, 07:36 PM
I first had a trx 9 pipe and it did not turn blue. I sold it after a few years and got a trx 11 and still it did not turn blue.

I think you have a bad plated pipe! Call ESR.

1promodfan
10-28-2009, 08:31 PM
I'll be honest, I think ESR's pipes are more nickel plated than chrome. No, they are not "show" chrome maybe like some other pipes......but to me they make up for it in performance.;)

LONG-ROD
10-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Well I called ESR. They said they have never heard of this before. If it starts to flake I will return it with my receipt. If not I am fine with it.

Hutchracer
10-31-2009, 09:07 AM
I bought a lightly used center mount TRX5 that was purple and blue also and I mean the whole dang pipe and head pipe were like that... I used a product called Blue Job it comes in a little can about the size of a chew can and it worked great the pipe came out looking new. As for ESR never hearing about that well I don't think I buy that. It seems to me that they have a great product but how to say it nicely, lack luster customer service.

LONG-ROD
10-31-2009, 12:07 PM
Ya I hear ya on the customer service. I don't really mind it, it looks kinda sweet.lol I will have to try the blue job on it..

Hutchracer
10-31-2009, 11:44 PM
The Blue Job takes a bit of time but like I said it will look like new, well at least mine did. I just did it while watching some racing on TV. As far as ESRs customer service I wish it would improve a little but you gotta love the stuff they make.

Michael88R
11-09-2009, 08:00 AM
My dad just put the first weekend ride on a new TRX5R pipe. The entire pipe turned purple and the head pipe turned blue. Man what crappy chrome. I'll try some blue job or something, but this really sucks on a brand new pipe.

speedfreek
11-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Michael88R
My dad just put the first weekend ride on a new TRX5R pipe. The entire pipe turned purple and the head pipe turned blue. Man what crappy chrome. I'll try some blue job or something, but this really sucks on a brand new pipe. Something MUST be wrong with their new pipes. I had one probably 5 or more years ago and it NEVER turned! I would call ESR and find out what's going on. This does not make ESR look good.

I personally like ESR. And if it were my pipe I would call them and tell them that a few people's on the net are turning blue and watch what they do. They will probably give you a new pipe. They don't need any bashing over the net. They make tons of money by word of mouth via the internet!