PDA

View Full Version : If I were to sell my 250r what should i sell it for?

beerock
10-27-2009, 11:06 PM
having a hard time giving thought to selling my 250r. theres a link in my sig to when i built it.

it has a 330 now and i also have a full 265 motor sitting in the garage. any ideas. its a full laeger pro trax flip top

IcutMetl
10-27-2009, 11:42 PM
That's a tough one! Sounds like you have a pretty killer wheeler as it is. I don't know about the rest of the guys, but if it were me- I would either give Honda another year or make my way to the KTM dealership.

bananas
10-28-2009, 05:58 AM
Beerock?????????? Shocked selling out

Right now is the time to buy I can't give stuff away right now... Ebay has been a joke and no one whats to pay... I am selling my 87 and I can't get any offers..
If you are looking for stuff it's all out their... I was watch 9 250's and they all went for less than 2700.00 & most didn't hit their reserve....

You might have a better chance parting it out......

skyeryder
10-28-2009, 06:39 AM
YOU'LL JUST REGRET IT, START A PIGGY BANK FOR THE NEXT PROJECT AND KEEP THE R!!!!

b.lee
10-28-2009, 06:50 AM
Man, that's a nice 250r!

Keep it and get a trx450r for putting around.

norcalduner
10-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Hey Beerock, haven't heard from you in a while bro. Do you not get to ride the R much anymore which is the reason why your selling ? Personally, the caliber of your R is hard to match and I would hold on to it unless you need the money. But then again you will probably end up just giving it away.

beerock
10-28-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm tossing the idea around to sell it.

its true the market is crap.

I have a lot of one off custom parts on it. As well as a hybrid transmission which as far as I know no one has. Its a 88-89 tranny with a 86 5th and 6th for higher top speed. trying to do this may seem easy the fact is I spent 2 weeks trying to figure out why the cases would not seal together. I had two pros scratch their heads as we spun the tranny and shifted through the gears with the one case half off and evertyhing worked properly but everytime we went to put the cases together there would be a 2mm gap in between no matter what we did.

After 2 weeks of trying I finally figured it out. It had to do with the inner gear for one of the gears was aligned different on the 88-89 tranny compared to the 86. thus the dog bones would not line up and would not lock in....

quick change clutch cover that is engraved as well as acid etched with a picture on it.

the only part that is oem 250r part on the bike is the rear hubs and thats because almost all the aftermarket hubs for the axle wear out.

its not about selling it to get something better...

YOU STILL CANT GET A BETTER BIKE THEN A 250R and so far that still holds true.

I have come to the decision that there are more important things in life then riding at this point in my life and I need to clean house to get there. i will get a quad down the road but for now im thinkin about selling it for money.

morse250r
10-30-2009, 01:47 PM
nice quad ive never seen a flip top sub frame thats bad *****

250Renvy
10-30-2009, 02:36 PM
I say test the market.

Polish it up real nice then take really high quality photos of it and post it in places like craigslist, ebay, forums or even ATVtraderonline with a starting price of about $2000 more than the lowest you'd take for it realizing that unless you part it out, you will likely have to take less for it.

I'd say it's fully worth $8500 but maybe you'll get $6500 depending on who the buyer is.

The stock replacement pro-peg frame is less desirable than the CR500 link for most buyers but some might jump at the flip top subframe.

250rPRIDE
10-30-2009, 05:57 PM
sweet bike im on my 3rd r and every time i sell one i always go back. keep it... ill give ya 3000 haaaa:D

woodsracer144
11-11-2009, 02:28 PM
who wide is it? it is freaking killer looking... i would trade ya mine... but its not running i would also sell mine as well but it wont go... aftermarket chassis just dont sell like they did before...

beerock
11-12-2009, 07:29 PM
its 52 1/2" wide i nfront and 52" in the rear.

dominator +4 axle, lager tpin +3 with stock geom front end. (wider then a narrow front end) thing would be 541/2 wide with +4