PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever have this problem?

J.Brown121
10-27-2009, 08:55 PM
ya'll ever seen this happen?

slightlybent47
10-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Yeah my stock arms did that. time to up gread. LOL!!!

J.Brown121
10-27-2009, 09:33 PM
the thing that gets me is that i took it off the trailer and went to look over the track and to warm it up and rolled a small double then did a wheelie on the landing and it broke.

Wheelie
10-27-2009, 10:15 PM
My stock front left a-arm did the same thing. Now I have Housers.:macho

slightlybent47
10-27-2009, 11:06 PM
It was surely ready to break. It looks like in the pic that the front part had been broken for a long time, it has rust on it. The rear looks like a fresh break. I caught mine just as it started to crack. You gota really look them over and check things out. Just think if you had just hit that big double and you’re a arm fall apart.
I was flagging a race last year and I saw that very thing, needless to say the landing was nasty. In this case the ball joint broke.
Be safe and look them over good.

dalejiw25
10-28-2009, 03:33 AM
Not knockin Honda But apparently their only good welds are inside their exhaust headers.

10-28-2009, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by dalejiw25
Not knockin Honda But apparently their only good welds are inside their exhaust headers.

LMFAO that's definitely sig worthy.

bigbad400
10-28-2009, 10:26 AM
lmfao2 that was some funny stuff. the weld on my stockers got a good crack too when i blew out the shocks on a sand dune jump. it was rough landing but not as bad as it could have bean if that broke.

good comment on the welding, truth hurts.

beags86
10-29-2009, 10:18 AM
if you guys were to look close at the pic you would see that the weld is not broke itself but the metal around it is broke. anyone that know anything about metalworking knows that a good weld won't break but the metal around the weld will.

although this seams to be a prob on 400s don't blame the welds, blame the lack of long term stress testing on the arms and the lack of reinforcing metal aound the weld, it seams to me that honda didn't do its homework and maybe the plate the the shock mount is welded to should be a bit thicker

dalejiw25
10-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Take another look. All the weld is still there. They got all their penetration on the shock bracket and none on the A-arm. Plain and simple "Lousy Weld" Also look at all the splatter Left all over the A-arm. Whoever welded that should be Fired . Flat *** Poor Workmanship. If something like that ever came back to my shop, Someone would be gone right now. There is obviously no Quality control.

BakerRacing40
10-29-2009, 10:40 AM
hell ya kick that robot to the curb!

better for it to break while rolling the track than landing a 120 footer