PDA

View Full Version : Another Anti-ATV video that really angers me!

Canadian144
10-27-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm getting so sick of these anti-ATV videos. I figured I'd post this one up for you guys to see.... watch part 1 and part 2 if you have time.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20091024/W5_ATVs_091024/20091024?hub=WFive

My reactions (probably won't make sense until you watch the video):

1- After we see that girls small line of a scar on her hip the lady goes like "OH MY GOSH". Get over it! It's not that big of a deal!

2- The guy who's daughter got killed also pisses me off. He thought that if his daughter had been wearing a helmet and gear then she still would have died! That's BS! If you hit a tree head on with a helmet your chances of not dying increase so dramatically it's not even funny! Why did she even role it on a flat road? Obviously excessive speed was an issue!

3- Why should ATV maker's have to conform to safety standards about making ATVs not tippy? They aren't tippy if you know the conditions you are in as well as your skill level, and don't try to exceed it! All of the video clips they showed had guys speeding and taking turns to fast, whereas if they had gone at a respectable speed they it they probably wouln't have rolled! I also found it amusing that all of the clips they showed had people NOT wearing helmets... yet all of them weren't injured at all! I did find the one of the guy rolling the utility when he was trying to drift it pretty fun... he rolls over, is fine, and still has his cigarette in his mouth! now that takes skill!

4- That woman who says that ATVs are dangerous and they should all be banned! EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD IS DANGEROUS! You can get killed on a bicycle, does that mean that they should be banned? No! This lady is so close-minded! Lucky for her CTV didn't leave her email address or else she would be receiving some emails from me right now!

Now after watching part 2, I have some more comments:

5- The people talking about their son who had died - they said that it wasn't their son's fault, instead that "it had simply flipped by itself"! That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! How can the people even comment on if the machine flipped itself if they weren't watching their son riding? They keep saying "it flipped"! IT DIDN'T FLIP, YOUR SON FLIPPED IT! Why was he illegally riding it on pavement anyways?

6- the ontario medical association says that are narrow and have a high center of gravity! I HAVE NEVER ROLLED MY ATV! Why are they trying to implement laws for ALL ATVS that are only designed to affect Utility ATVS?

7- that whole test looked like BS to me. Plus why shouuld the ATV's tippiness be tested without a rider? Most ATV Riders are 120-250 lbs I'd say (on estimate). So why don't aren't they tested with a weight on the machine?

This is ridiculous. Completely ridiculous!

XtremeSkier
10-27-2009, 08:23 PM
wheres the video?

Canadian144
10-27-2009, 08:53 PM
My bad LOL

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20091024/W5_ATVs_091024/20091024?hub=WFive

muddy400EX
10-27-2009, 09:10 PM
INSANE!! i want to punch that stupid beotch in her face! when are people going to understand that an atv is not a damn tricycle. you NEED to know what your doing! people are stuuupppiiidd! and there not safe? no motorized vehicle is completely safe. the ****in wheeler isnt goin to flip over for no reason at all, its rider caused. god there DUMB!

muddy400EX
10-27-2009, 09:19 PM
oh ya, and every crash they show is some dumbass hillbilly, the one guy had no helmet and a ****in cigarette in his mouth:mad:

rooster300ex
10-27-2009, 09:28 PM
that is just stupid. they are blaming the atv. lol its an inanimate object

Tommy Warren
10-27-2009, 09:28 PM
I found hundreds of things wrong..

1. the girl that died was under age to be riding

2. she was riding double...illegal

3. Alberta is the only province without helmet regultaions

4. the guy with the atv tour business probably just lost a bunch of business

5. this kid that dies on a flat paved road shouldn't have been on a paved road

6. the tests were done without a rider leaning into the slope

7. those videos were stolen from you tube

8. none of the riders had helmets

9. all of them were jumping, wheelieing, drifting or water skimming

10. the guy that got pinned didn't maintain his bike or the wheel wouldn't have locked up. If he is upset enough to go on a tv show he should give up his quad

11. 9 out of 10 people mouthing the quads have never ridden one

12. W5 doesn't know **** from good paint

13. they only tell you what they want you to hear

14. why are they trying to ban something that is helping our economy so greatly?

I could go on and on

rodeo#11
10-27-2009, 09:40 PM
crazy people.. yea i have had my ***** beat by my quad numbers of times...but i had all the proper gear on and everything. Their just trying to say if you ride them your gonna die which isn't true at all.... People die from being stupid...people who ride smart and obey all laws and take the proper precautions aren't gonna get hurt... w5 is just a bunch of dumb*****es...mopeds are more dangerous!

Canadian144
10-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah.... man this is one BAD video.

I will probably send them a complaint email and include this whole thread!

Tommy Warren summed it up well!

10-27-2009, 10:38 PM
"What happens if machine turns against man?" LMFAO. You have got to be kidding me. Yeah the machine totally has a mind of it's own... People... :p

mxduner
10-27-2009, 10:40 PM
I like the politician lol, he says "what you want us to have aerial surveillance on peoples own back yards, where alot of these are being ridden?"... well something like that lol. and also says you have to use common sense. EXACTLY

and on pt. 2 i like how the lady says about it "simply flipped" also pushed the message that his son was sober. Why was that mentioned??? hmm. But yep you can just run around on public roads at midnight without a helmet on...

reconmaster
10-28-2009, 12:30 AM
glad they don't know who i am!!!
if people wore there helmets less injuries wouldn't happen they show people who need to learn how to ride! accidents theres plenty of car accidents on a daily basis why don't these shows talk about car dangers.... oh no because over half of these newscasters don't ride or have bad encounters they gotta poo on everyone who rides

yellow02400ex
10-28-2009, 09:02 AM
All I have to say is what a bunch of stupid f*cks. I hate stupid people who think they know what they are talking about.

KOG
10-28-2009, 09:30 AM
i dont understand why ppl wouldnt put on a helmet anyways 80 $ for a cheap helm is still better than without one. if they ban quads i guess that means id be a rebal cause ill never stop riding mine.

atveric132
10-28-2009, 11:16 AM
what pisses me off is that every single person on them videos that they showed wrecking didnt have on helmets,riding gear or anything. no wonder there getting hurt or killed acting like retards. now i race motocross and dont really kno the ups and downs of gncc or trail riding but common sence you get in a car you put on a seat-belt you go riding/racing you put on a helmet. Its fustrating that dumb-*** people that need to be wearing helmets with chin straps are the reason that atv's get such a bad repp.......

One_Bad_400
10-28-2009, 12:10 PM
That sure is alot of deaths compaired to tobacco, guns, automobiles, even pools. yes pools are fun! but you can DIE in them. ga, people like that make me go insane

i liked in the second video she was like "it even had an optional winch!" WTH does that have to do with anything

Canadian144
10-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Yeah haha!

I think we should send them in some stats about how many people drown in pools each year compared to how many people that die in ATV accidents!

One_Bad_400
10-28-2009, 03:12 PM
then they will try to make body's of water illegal. what would we do without bath tubs, lakes, pools, SINKS!!!! BUCKETS FILLED WITH WATER!!!!!!!!

EDIT:

some facts i found=

Six people drown in U.S. pools every day

Drowning is the 4th leading cause of accidental death in the United States

Claiming 4,000 lives annually. Approximately one-third are children under the age of 14.

there are less then 1000 deaths annualy on a quad (in the US)

3/4 more people die in a swimming pool a year then on a quad!

Tommy Warren
10-28-2009, 03:29 PM
I have a better chance of drowning in that bucket of water than I do of hurting myself on a quad. I know what I'm doing on a quad but a bucket of water......thats intimidating to me lol

Canadian144
10-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Just emailed CTV with a compliant, as well as a link to this thread. Hopefully they will read our opinions.

If they ignore the email and do not reply to me by next week, I will keep emailing them back with my complaint/opinion. Maybe we will even get a spot on TV! haha

elite ATV1
10-28-2009, 06:12 PM
bicycles aren't safe either but u dont see big anti b.s videos about them... its aint our fault that all of those ppl should not only be wearing helmets on quads but in every day life.....:rolleyes:

Pipeless416
10-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by elite ATV1
its aint our fault that all of those ppl should not only be wearing helmets on quads but in every day life.....:rolleyes:

hahaha :p but seriously, there was something seriously wrong with all of those crashes and they could have easily been prevented.

reconmaster
10-28-2009, 08:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH2DnOzPL-Q

heres my opinion about wrecks

deathman53
10-28-2009, 08:43 PM
those whole thing is BS, it might even be worse than the cbs special on UTV's. I agree with the one guy who said "many of the buyers don't have skills and experience to ride them, they need to limit their riding" Or it was something like that. The others are just idiots who don't accept responsibility for what and how they ride. I also notice that only utility atv's are shown, they are commonly 1 1/2 -2 times as heavy as a sport atv. There is lots of facts missing and biased to make the newscasters' point.

For years I got "those 3 wheeled atv's are gonna kill you", "death traps" and "suicide machines" comments. I nearly got killed crossing the street one day. Broke both legs, right arm, ribs, skull(3 places), blown eardrum and broke left knee cap. How many get killed/injuried from bikes, skateboards, in-lines and such everyday?? Its probably alot more than atv deaths/injuties!!

reconmaster
10-28-2009, 08:45 PM
there was a few sport quad videos but i mean honeslty if you don't know how to ride, ride by yourself and well in the case of the guy who lost his leg don't go over your bike on a regular basis stuffs happening

Canadian144
10-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by reconmaster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH2DnOzPL-Q

heres my opinion about wrecks

Wow... is that you?

If it is, then I really admire you man! You're an inspiration, you prove that you can do anything as long as you are determined!

If CTV doesn't send me an email response I will make sure to include that video the next time I email them the complaint! Or even if they do respond to me, I'm for sure gonna include that video!

Tommy131
10-28-2009, 10:08 PM
its these stupid *** red neck hillbilies that dont wear their helmets and post their stupid dumb none sense riding behavior up on youtube that are making a bad name for all of us racers that actually wear our riding gear and actually know how to ride and respect our atvs. they are going to ruin it for all of us.
sorry if i offended anyone but this stupid **** pisses me off and it has been getting alot worse lately

justin1022
10-28-2009, 10:37 PM
dude i live in alberta!!!! this kid that lives by my houes got hit by a truck on his atv it was a pretty sad day

read that man its the kid that lives by my house. by the way that was last year now he in in school but has brain damage he doesnt think properly.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2008/04/29/boyle-atv.html

Rootar
10-28-2009, 10:38 PM
no need to worry fellas i look at it this way.

the tree huggers have been at it for years and the logging industry never slowed down because of them.

tabaco companies still sell products that cause cancer and kill people and they willingly buy them.

like its really gonna become a national issue to ban atvs....? i doubt it and if it comes down to it there are enough of us and enough indutry based on it to where the government won't interfere like every one fears...

really someone needs to find these shat for brains F-tards and put a snake in their mailbox and boo boo on the hood of their POS prius then smash the winshield in :mad: not really gonna accomplish much but hey we'll all feel better right :scary: or if all else fails put some lead in their rear. i hear thats legal in WV.

BakerRacing40
10-29-2009, 06:47 AM
:mad: agh! face palm ... i'm so angry right now... so many things on those videos to remark about, but that would take way to long..

but i do know that the lady wanting a full ban, she needs to take part of her narrow closed mind and apply it to her eyes...

bottom line- atvs are not babysitters, safety gear is called safety gear for a reason, no matter what your skill level is it can always happen to you.. it's a piece of machinery that has the potential to hurt or kill you at all times. i know every that i get on mine, i'm taking a risk that could have bad results. but the fact is every second of your life is a risk whether is your choice or not. things happen, plain and simple.

i will even help them out. STOP TRYING TO BE MY MOTHER, STOP WORRYING ABOUT ME, WORRY ABOUT YOUR SELF!! then everybody can be happy..

Tommy131
10-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
:mad: agh! face palm ... i'm so angry right now... so many things on those videos to remark about, but that would take way to long..

but i do know that the lady wanting a full ban, she needs to take part of her narrow closed mind and apply it to her eyes...

bottom line- atvs are not babysitters, safety gear is called safety gear for a reason, no matter what your skill level is it can always happen to you.. it's a piece of machinery that has the potential to hurt or kill you at all times. i know every that i get on mine, i'm taking a risk that could have bad results. but the fact is every second of your life is a risk whether is your choice or not. things happen, plain and simple.

i will even help them out. STOP TRYING TO BE MY MOTHER, STOP WORRYING ABOUT ME, WORRY ABOUT YOUR SELF!! then everybody can be happy..

hell yeah right there that sums it all up!!!

toby400ex
10-29-2009, 11:32 AM
You can't fix stupid................

ngates788
10-29-2009, 10:08 PM
It's great to see how many ignorant people there really are in the world.

rappin_ernie
10-29-2009, 10:58 PM
In the video they act as if the manufacturers are trying to make the atv's more "tippy". Pretty sure all the companies out there are competing to make the best performing and handling atv's out there, which would include stability......right??????

Also, they mention 14 year olds on 800lb quads... sure this can happen, but if someone is too small, or learning to ride still, put them on a f-----g 50cc or 90cc, GOD D-MN!

motofreak2772
10-30-2009, 12:15 PM
3 ways to fix the problems:
helmet law
Expreience
and the right size atv

I havent seen a 800 lb 90cc(the recommended size atv for someone the age of 12 i think) quad before

woodsracer144
10-30-2009, 12:30 PM
these people piss me off... millions of people die and cars and you donr go bashings on their things...

<DRS>GPF
10-30-2009, 03:46 PM
so... theyre saying of an estimated 1,000,000 riders per year, 100 of them was killed.. (10,000 to 1 ratio)

unless im missing something, thats sounds like an absolutely astounding success rate!

woodsracer144
10-30-2009, 07:06 PM
hey can you get me some contact info on this news place... i got an assisgment in tech and i want to use this... how old is this news also...

KevinAb
10-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Stupid is as stupid does. The wreck video clips look like they were from YouTube- "Hey watch this!"

Don't we all have the buddy that just rides like he's outta control? Most guys I ride with know their limits. Some guys though do stupid stuff that gets them in trouble or in the hospital, and they don't learn. Usually the least experienced guys.

Ellingsoc26
10-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
hey can you get me some contact info on this news place... i got an assisgment in tech and i want to use this... how old is this news also...
Its from oct 24 its says all the info u will need at the top

And this is just wow soo sad that 14 year old died really is but why was he riding a 800cc quad anyway? she needs a 90? or mabey a 250 but a 800cc thats 1/2 the problem

Canadian144
10-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Exactly! (although I got my LTR450 when I was 15 haha.... at least I started on a 90cc and new to take it slow until I got comfortable on the bike).