PDA

View Full Version : 2010 ATVA new class suggestions

tntauto1127
10-27-2009, 06:39 PM
This is the suggested offshoot of the schedule thread to debate the suggestion of the addition of the 6-8 year old 50 production CVT class or 6-8 year old 70 cvt stock limited class.

I also thought maybe making the current 4-6 50 limited jr class change age to 4-7 but require any 7year old who finished the previous year in the top 3 points move out of the class.

I personally think we need an additional step between the 50 stk limited and 70 cvt production class.

Lets hold off just sending random suggestions on this. If something firm can be concluded by this I say we all respond with the final decision via email and put the suggestion in and maybe with enough voices being heard something can be added for 2010 classes.

Here is the info to make a proposal as per www.atvmotocross.com

To have your voice heard, send your rule proposal in writing via email to info@atvmotocross.com no later than November 6.

http://www.atvmotocross.com/articles/1746_atvmx-seeks-rule-proposals-for-series-rules

mkeane
10-27-2009, 07:22 PM
i like the 6-8 year old whether it is 50 or 70. i agree we need to all come together on this and then start sending the e-mails.

coffing918
10-27-2009, 07:31 PM
i would love to see the 50 mod cvt 6-8 class for 2010.

quadrider79
10-27-2009, 08:23 PM
I have been in the 50cc Stock Limited class now for 3 yrs. 2 yrs with my oldest son and 1 with my other. The first year we started it was 4-8 yrs. It was a fun year but having 4 yrs. old racing against 9yrs old was NUTS. Period. Then last year they said ok, Let's make it 4-7. Same thing 4yrs old racing against 8yrs old. This year they made it 4-6 and I feel it's a good age spread. You still have the older kids with more experience running up front but that is probably the way it should be. I did experience the 50cc CVT production class (6-8) this year and I thought it went really well. Very nice class in between the Stock Limited and the full blown 70 cvt class. So adding the 50cc CVT Production (6-8) class would be a good idea. I don't feel anything should be changed to the Stock Limited class though.

And for some out there that thinks the 50cc Stock Limited class should be changed to allow better and faster cylinders to these quads are just Stupid!!!!! There 4-6 year old kids that don't need to go faster. There fast enough just the way they are. The last thing the ATVA needs right now is for one of the young riders to get seriously hurt or worse. JUST LET THE KIDS GO HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!!!!!!
Peace.

A.Kersey321
10-28-2009, 06:58 AM
I say it is a good idea, but in a way it is a bad one. With the economy being so bad not many kids are racing, and if you keep adding classes the less the kids are going to be in a class. They will start spreading out into all the classes and not all kids race 2-3 classes. What im saying was a couple years ago there was 2-3 classes and there were 15-30 kids a race now with all the classes there are less than 12 in all of them. Same thing happened with the 90 production classes. In 05 there was 40 plus racers every race now were lucky to get that many. This is just my opinion, to give you guys a thought.

redonkulousruntsracing
10-28-2009, 07:19 AM
In our local District races we only have 2 miniquad classes, 4-8 50cc production and 9-15 90cc. I like the idea of a 6-8 50 mod class, then I could let my son move up to the next level without having a 70cc quad that for us, he couldnt run any where else. Our District wouldn't let him run a 70 with the 50's, duh, and he would be too young at 7 to run with the 90's. If we had the 50 mod cvt class, then he would still have a chance at competeing in the Nats. Yea his little Apex is fast, but I don't think he would fare well against the Cobras. I was on the fence on which way to go next, this year will be his last year in the 50 limited 4-6 class. I think it should stay 4-6, we need to think of the 4 year olds here, the little guys need their place to race without being scared by the older experienced kids.

tntauto1127
10-28-2009, 07:19 AM
quadrider79 I realize what you are saying about the age gap 4-8. I was just thinking maybe that would allow a 7 year old to start out in the lim class

I do like idea of the 50 prod cvt class 6-8. good transition class and gives the rider 1 more year before getting with the crazy fast 70 riders.

As far as losing riders per class. You may have a couple of the slower 70 kids go to the 50 prod class. I think that might only encourage the kids to keep racing because they are doing well in a class instead of always being in the rear. Will boost their confidence.

In actuallity it should make the 70 cvt class more competitive in a year or so because of the higher skill level.

coffing918
10-28-2009, 07:21 AM
or like myself cannot go to the nationals because my son is turning 7 next month and i cannot aford to buy him a cobra to be in the 50 sr. class which if u look it is all cobras, getting there and paying to race is not a problem for me, its the having to buy a cobra, he has a drr now and does very very well in district 6 on it, so i would like to see a 50 mod cvt class so i can see how good he would do there.

redonkulousruntsracing
10-28-2009, 07:38 AM
coffing918, I agree with you 100%. If you did buy a Cobra, you probably would't be welcome long at your local D6 tracks. 2010 will be our last year in the 50 limited class, and I wonder which way to go next. I'm not buying a Cobra so I was going to do the whole 70cc kit and start modding the wee out his Apex. Then he would have nthing to race at our local D3 races, so I think a 50 mod class just makes sense.

redonkulousruntsracing
10-28-2009, 07:45 AM
I just added this to the general discussion section.

jerkyboy
10-28-2009, 02:56 PM
I posted this on the other tread. A DRR 50 can run and be competative
with the Cobras. The one big advantage they have is handling. At the national level these little cobra riders are very agressive and ride
wide open most of the time. Dale ran 2 nationals on his 50 production drr
and had good finishes 6th in Virgina and 9th only cause I told him not to
do 1 of the doubles.

coffing918
10-28-2009, 05:19 PM
well that is DALE RAVEN who is one of the best 50 riders i have ever seen!!!!

quadrider79
10-28-2009, 06:03 PM
I will agree with Jerkyboy. If I would have built a 50cc Production for Joshua he would have did pretty good also against the cobra's at a national level. I'm not saying he would have beat them but he would have been competitive just like Dale.

I was very pleasantly surprized how Dale competed with the cobra's. He did an awesome job running against them.

Coffin918, JJ would be right there against them at a National level.

The only reason I didn't go 50cc production this past year was because Joshua was already running a 70cc Production the year before the 50cc Production class was even started. I didn't feel he needed to go backwards.

I will go public with the next comment: At first when the 50cc Production class was intruduced to out Distict (D6), I didn't think it was needed but after the first year for the class I was WRONG.
It was needed. Thanks Steve W. The class is a very nice stepping stone towards the 70cc Production class. I hope D6 keeps the class.

tntauto1127
10-28-2009, 07:41 PM
jerkyboy I agree a modified 50 can do well against the cobras. The DRR50 mod we bought off andrew Vogt halfway through the season always finished in the top 10 at the nationals. my thing is why spend all the money to go to the national and compete in a class you have no chance of winning. If just competing is the idea why spend $5000 on modifying a 70 when a stock DRR70 would finish in the top 10 with a good rider. We all know at some point winning is why everyone races.

Logan #34's Dad
10-29-2009, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by jerkyboy
I posted this on the other tread. A DRR 50 can run and be competative
with the Cobras. The one big advantage they have is handling. At the national level these little cobra riders are very agressive and ride
wide open most of the time. Dale ran 2 nationals on his 50 production drr
and had good finishes 6th in Virgina and 9th only cause I told him not to
do 1 of the doubles.

Sorry But I've gotta say it: If being competitive is finishing 6th and 9th.......... and being beat by over a minute - your in the wrong business.
I'd NEVER spend all my hard earned money to go to a National unless we can compete with the top riders. Unless it was fairly close to home.

EthansDad
10-29-2009, 07:37 AM
Seems like what all agree is there needs to be some next step out of 50 stk limited besides 70 mod or cobra 50. I'd put my name on anything to the ATVA to that effect.

I'd personally rather do a 70 stk limited, but would do a 50 mod CVT if that is what most want. Big thing I don't want to do is try to mod a DRR to run in the cobra class. I don't think it would be competitive or fun.

On the age ranges, I'm a firm believer that the 50 stk limtied class should stay 4-6 for this beginner class. For what ever class is proposed (70 stk, 50 mod CVT) it could be 6-8.

I actually already sent an email to the ATVA with some suggestions for next year (let us run steering stabilizers in stock 50!), but could send another one if we can agree on what we want to ask.

EthansDad
10-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Hey Guys,

I know some of you have seen this already, but I put up a poll to vote on what class should be proposed to the ATVA. you can vote here:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=415592

I'd suggest we wait until Nov 5th (nov 6th is the deadline), see what the vote comes out, then all send a request to the ATVA to add the 6-8yr class that wins the poll. That way, we are all asking the same and maybe increase the odds for us.

Per the email the ATVA sent out, formal series suggestions should be emailed to:

info@atvmotocross.com

hotquads1
11-15-2009, 05:56 PM
I have been thinking of which class would best suit the need here, and if we figure most of the kids will be moving up from 50cc stock limited , there bikes would not be legal for a 70cc stock class, but could be modded for production 50 quiet easy. Most any parent that has been involved in stock limited classes are very happy when they graduate out , much less drama , less room for cheating. So if we want to get a little more use out of those 50 stocker we got , I think 50 production CVT is the best bet. Lets keep pushing , the ATVA seems interested.
marc