PDA

View Full Version : Reaching out on a long branch here....

2fastandfurious
01-15-2003, 04:44 PM
I have a 87 F150. Can you tell me what these wires are for. (were talking stereo stuff......... its the stock wires for a reciver. Thanks a ton!

Guy400
01-15-2003, 05:08 PM
Being multi-colored I'm going to guess they're speaker leads but the pic is pretty blurry.

cjpoole1
01-15-2003, 05:14 PM
Go here this should help you

http://www.installdr.com/QuickWiring.html

2fastandfurious
01-15-2003, 05:15 PM
Thats the whole waud. In there is the power and ground. I just need to know what the left and right front speakers are.......
thanks

2fastandfurious
01-15-2003, 05:17 PM
THANKS!

2fastandfurious
01-15-2003, 08:02 PM
Still no luck. I have a bunch more info about my situation that I will type in later tonight.
-Ben

Guy400
01-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by 2fastandfurious
Thats the whole waud. In there is the power and ground. I just need to know what the left and right front speakers are.......
thanks Can't you pull the speakers out and look at what color coding they're using and then match them up on the radio side?

jay's 300
01-15-2003, 08:16 PM
Yellow= 12V+ Accesory
Red= 12V+ Costant =Batt.
Orange= Illumination = Headlights go on, stereo goes dim
Light Blue= Power Ant.
Dark Blue= Remote (for amp)
All the striped ones except Orange w/ white stripe r speaker wires
Neg. side and the solid colors that match r Pos. speaker wires
Orange w/ white stripe= Never use ( I don't know) :D

At least that's the way it was on all the others I've hooked up!

Hope it helps. :D I know how much a pain in the arse it can be!

jay's 300
01-15-2003, 08:21 PM
To see what side the speaker wires r. Adjust your stereo to the front or rear and then on what ever side you want. Basically just trial and error w/out any schematics. It won't hurt speaker wires to touch the wrong one. Just tape your power wires and such up, so they don't ground out. :D Good luck

cjpoole1
01-15-2003, 10:22 PM
an easier way to check the speaker wires is to use a nine volt battery.when you have the "+" and "-" of a speaker across the battery it will pop. If you can see the speaker the polarity is correct if it pops out and backwards if it pops in.

QuadJunkies
01-15-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by 2fastandfurious
Still no luck. I have a bunch more info about my situation that I will type in later tonight.
-Ben Is this what you were going to ask me about??:huh

AtvMxRider
01-16-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Is this what you were going to ask me about??:huh

Somehow Tina I don't think so.;) :blah

killed300ex
01-16-2003, 06:22 AM
correct me if im wrong but those are the wires that will connect ot the back of the deck you will just strip the wires then match the right color wires up and hen attach them. Not sure but thats what i think theya re if you dont get another answer i can prolly get my bro to tell you he is really really good with car audio
killed

jay's 300
01-16-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by cjpoole1
an easier way to check the speaker wires is to use a nine volt battery.when you have the "+" and "-" of a speaker across the battery it will pop. If you can see the speaker the polarity is correct if it pops out and backwards if it pops in.

This works good too! :D

2fastandfurious
01-16-2003, 09:15 AM
Ok let’s try this again. The link was no help. It told me some of the wires but not very well. Heres all of the colors. They should be pretty easy for those of you that know about wiring stuff in general.
Pink/Blue stripe
Green/Orange stripe
Red
Yellow/Brown stripe (Possibly a maroon stripe??)
Orange/Black stripe
Orange/Green stripe
Green/Yellow stripe
Dark green/orange stripe
White/green stripe
Blue/red stripe
Blue/Orange stripe
(Quantity of 2) black/white stripe
Pink/green stripe
When you take off the door panel and check out what wires are running to the speakers I found out that there just black wires. One has little green dots. The other one was white dashes. I was able to hook up the speakers by just assuming that the greed dots are positive and the white dashes were negative. I have heard that Ford had a way of grounding everything. This would mean that there is only positive wires for the speakers to go to the receiver right? And that the negative for the speakers is grounded somewhere? Doesn’t make sense to me. I'm putting in a Sony receiver BTW and I have the harness for it but the colors on it don’t match with the car at all. But I have all the information for the Sony wires, so I’m ok there. I just need to figure out which wires are which that are coming from the car. I have thought about tracing the speaker wires all the way to the dash but they are held together with a bunch of other wires that have been jacketed together by Ford. I would hate to have to take all the black jacketing off the wires. It would be a lot of work to trace back. The other idea I had was to remove the negative battery cable and hook up a 6 volt lantern battery to the speaker wires and use a voltage meter and run though all the different wires that I have and look for 6 volts. I think this is what I'm going to have to do if I can’t get a reliable source for what the different colors are. Thanks aton guys.
-Ben