PDA

View Full Version : my 07 was stloen

Chet
10-27-2009, 11:31 AM
I purchased a new left over 07 Honda 400ex last september, was stolen yesterday from a locked shed, called the police and called the insurance ect , the adjuster called and needed receipts, I have most of them for the accessories I installed, the quad had less than 20 hrs and was in excellent shape, wonder if anyone was down this road before, the adjuster said they will call back in 30days after the police do their thing, wonder what the insurance company is going to offer, the adjuster did say don't expect to get every penny you have into it, any comments or tips

Chet

katch26
10-27-2009, 12:45 PM
my raptor was stolen in 05 and the insurance pretty much paid it off minus a small amount, however it was completely stock and only 5 months old. With it being a left over 07 bought recently I believe it still depreciates like it would have if you bought it brand new in 07....meaning depreciated before it even left the showroom. It really depends on your plan, some companies offer direct replacement coverage and some will pro rate stuff and the third wont cover aftermarket stuff without declaring them from the beginning.

dalejiw25
10-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Sorry bout your loss. Sounds like someone knew it was there and knows your schedule. Might wanna do some checkin around the hood yourself. Could possibly be someone you thought was a friend. Some of my real friends recovered one of mine from a supposed "friend" a while back... It'll be years of rehab before he rides again, if ever. Nuff said.....Good Luck.

heebs12
10-27-2009, 05:16 PM
^^^^^ I like the way you handle buisness! :devil:

bergoff
10-27-2009, 07:56 PM
sorry to hear that man. fyi guys watch craigslist if you are selling your quads. around rockford il. there has been guys calling about ads and getting the address and then calling back and saying that they cant make it and steal the quad that night. they have stolen 2 quads and 1 sled. with the crappy economy and scum bags out there we really have to watch our rides.

matt14c
10-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Hopefully you dont have progressive! They really screwed me when my stuff stolen few years ago. 7x14 haulmark that was insured with tools, generator, powerwasher, spare parts. 2004 450r far from stock! 1999 400ex again far from stock. All three insured through progressive the 400 was insured for over three years the 450 for almost two and the trailer about the same so I had money into them. Not to mention the two vehicles I had insured through them. Everything was covered with extra even had some guy come out in that stupid little progressive suv to get everything when I finished my builds and when I first picked up insurance. Was months before this happened. Loaded up one night before a race I worked afternoons at the time so plan was to lock onto trailer and split when I got home. Well plans changed when I got home and no trailer there. Called the local sherrifs to give them something to do and filed police report and called my insurance guy. After they got a copy of the police report it took them about three weeks to get a check which was for a little more than a woppin $4200 which wasnt even enough to cover my loss on the trailer and contents let alone the bikes. Thank goodness everything was paid off but still a huge loss. Hope you dont get screwed like that and with all that said anyone who reads this that has progressive. FIND SOMEONE ELSE!

coreo5
10-28-2009, 07:46 AM
whats up with everybody stealing stuff. had a warrior and a rm 125 both stolen less then a mile from me in the last month. glad a i got a camera watching my garage.

Shawthy33
10-28-2009, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by coreo5
whats up with everybody stealing stuff. had a warrior and a rm 125 both stolen less then a mile from me in the last month. glad a i got a camera watching my garage.

Sadly when the economy goes to $hit and people are out of work, crime goes up.

Good luck finding out who did it, in the age of Ebay I'd be looking at Ebay for the next month for your bike parted and being sold out.

rocky_mtn_honda
10-28-2009, 10:32 AM
i know its a little off topic but, my brother in law has been broke into twice in the past 6-8 months...first time they stole his handguns, and nothing else...so he moved, now just a few weeks back, someone went in his bathroom window and let the adults in by unlocking the sliding glass door for them, and proceeded to take his 47" philips lcd, playstation 3 and about 40 games, bluetooth accs....yada yada anyhow, long story short, after having his handguns stolen, and seeing the depreciation check, he decided he needed to embelish the truth on the list of what was taken to cover his deductible, and depreciation...sad to say, but i kinda dont blame him
insurance is so bogus, but most of us would be super screwed without it....one thing i will also say is, he and i both have farmers, and i called in advance before carrying their policy, to see what type of proof is needed when filing a claim...i was told they are based on the "honor" system...so all in all, i like farmers, but the depreciation thing sucks...BIGTIME!
he only got $900 for the handguns
and they shopped amazon.com and found his $1500 tv for $900
and his playstation 80 gig he payed like $600 or something rediculous, well playstation just started a new promotion selling it for $299 a few weeks before he got broke into...so he got $2200 this time around...at least thats decent i guess
needless to say, he called adt and got wired for security now, and its costing him an extra $40 a month for that