View Full Version : 300ex rear bearings?

bobizzle
10-26-2009, 05:36 PM
i took my axel out, and wanted to know if i have to take the carrier hub out. i just wanted to know the best and easiest way to get them out.

rooster300ex
11-07-2009, 11:21 AM
When i replace bearings i take the bearing carrier out and take it too a shop and they replace em for 15 bucks.

4x4_war
11-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by bobizzle
i took my axel out, and wanted to know if i have to take the carrier hub out. i just wanted to know the best and easiest way to get them out.

I had that problem one time. and i didnt expect it to be that bad and i was only a mile from home, so i drove home slowly, and when i got home, the balls from the bearrings had eaten through the bearrings, and gouged the whole carrier on both sides. so i had to buy a whole new carrier, and sprocket hub because they tore that up too. it cost me over 300 bucks. but just make sure when your going out, just check each time you hop on, and see if you can roll one tire a little bit back and fourth. before you have to spend 300 bucks + :/

rooster300ex
11-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Did ya get the job done?

fmftrx300ex
11-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by 4x4_war
I had that problem one time. and i didnt expect it to be that bad and i was only a mile from home, so i drove home slowly, and when i got home, the balls from the bearrings had eaten through the bearrings, and gouged the whole carrier on both sides. so i had to buy a whole new carrier, and sprocket hub because they tore that up too. it cost me over 300 bucks. but just make sure when your going out, just check each time you hop on, and see if you can roll one tire a little bit back and fourth. before you have to spend 300 bucks + :/

i got a cnc machined lonestar double row knock of on ebay for 110 its sick way stronger and still good bearings

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TWIN-ROW-AXLE-BEARING-CARRIER-HONDA-TRX300EX-300EX-93_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a502ac11bQQitemZ250 453082395QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-300EX-250X-HONDA-AXLE-BEARING-CARRIER-350x_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ef95aa5aaQQitemZ2 70471439786QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Trxman300
11-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by 4x4_war

same happened to me. it destroyed the carrier, sprocket hub, rotor hub, and even my axel. i backed the lock bold on the axel off to far and ruined the bolts and c-clip. the rason it was so bad was because i was riding it for about a week hearing a small squeeking noise and didnt know it was my bearings. now i have a sweet dual bearing carrier with a greese fitting so i just put a pump of greese into it after or befor every ride and i was gaurenteed that i will never have to wory about it again.

Trxman300
11-14-2009, 10:43 PM
i spent a grand total (on rear end alone) of $503.47

fmftrx300ex
11-15-2009, 09:03 AM
That's rediculous to spend 500 on a rear end was it all oem?

Trxman300
11-16-2009, 06:57 AM
YA TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! the only thing that was aftermarket was the dual bearring carrier with a greese fitting (best thing in the world) and with bearings already installed. i also got a VAZ chain and spocket kit. (awesome, only adjusted the chaine once)