PDA

View Full Version : just curious...give me your oponion...

baker400ex
10-26-2009, 02:29 PM
I was wondering if someone could possibly tell me how much you think my truck is worth...I Kelly Blue Booked it at 16200 but would any one really pay that much for it if it went up on the market?

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k257/foxryda4life400ex/truckkk.jpg

2005 Dodge Dakota
4.7 V8

Flowmaster Exhaust-side exit
3M Chrome Molding
Vent Shades
Window Tint 5% all around
Custom Lettering
Flip up toneau cover
LED Lightbar under tailgate
Billet Grille
Chrome Bugsheild
Black projector halo headlights-not shown
Clarion Head Unit
Trailmaster 2inch front leveling kit
2.5 blocks in the rear
17 Pro Comp Wheels
255-75-17 BF Goodridge Mudterrain tires

The truck only has 48000 miles on it and very minor dings and dents...all from every day driving and stone chips...also has a clean title and has never been wrecked I am the second owner but had a report done on it showing it was clean

well any oponions are well appreciated thanks!

Honda4life05
10-26-2009, 02:36 PM
the only way it's gonna be worth that much is if you have a suitcase on money in the back.

Canadian144
10-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Yeah, Dakotas have pretty awful resale value...

We had an 06 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT Plus 4.7L High Output V8 with chrome side steps, hood scoop, leather interior, sunroof, bedliner, tonneau cover, sport appearance packaged (everything blacked out + chrome 17" wheels), and the tow package and we got $15,000 for a trade in to a Ford dealer for our 09 F-150.

BakerRacing40
10-27-2009, 03:44 AM
you could probably get a fairly decent trade in on it if your looking for something else, but to straight up sale it i'm sure some one would spot it and give you something reasonable.. all the dealerships are knocking so much off new trucks that the price for new is close to a blue book value for a truck that's a couple years old.. people see new vs used close to the same pricing, obviously new would be the choice. best choice either trade for what you want now or keep and pay off then you have it for however long you want to keep it running..

baker400ex
10-27-2009, 03:28 PM
well, the truck is paid off and i am looking to sell out right and buy a subaru sti I was jus wondering how much more i would have to gather up after selling my truck...i also have a fully loaded mx 07 450r on the market as well

Canadian144
10-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Haha you have the SAME taste as me/my dad! LOL

As I said, we used to have a Dakota, but now have an F-150.

We also used to have an 05 Altima SE-R (at the same time as the Dakota) but now have an 09 STI w/ nav, sunroof, and BBS wheels.

Though my dad says I get the STI when I'm 17 and 1/2 (I'm turning 16 this Friday). LOL

I'd say list it on autotrader/craigslist for maybe $17,000 ..... say price negotiable and hope that someone offers you close to $16,000.

If you are looking @ buying a used STI...well here's what I know about specific years:

04 - first year, no radio (stock), the most "hardcore" off all of the STIs sold in North America. Also had a 5x100 bolt pattern.

05 - added some features (radio), and changed bolt pattern to 5x114.3. Center console was slightly tweaked. I think

06- facelift (hawkeye style), change in engine mounts

07 - i believe LOTS of stuff changed in this year.... I can't remember all of the stuff off of the top of my head. You should be able to find it on Wikipedia though.

08 - new, hatchback style, basically a whole new car.

Just find one with miles that aren't too high.... and get it checked over by a dealer ASAP... because these are probably some of the hardest-driven cars on the street! LOL.

baker400ex
10-27-2009, 07:27 PM
damnn must be nice! haha i am lookin for a 05 w/ like 50k miles...mostly because the 06 w/the new headlight style and such is just more money because of the redesign of the front end and other odds & ends, although an 04 wouldnt really effect me w/out a radio because i can hook up a headunit w/ speakers and amp no problem...but who needs speakers when you can listen to a turbo & exhaust all day! haha

Canadian144
10-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Yeah haha, I love it!

An 05 w/ 50k miles would be pretty sweet! I'd take an 05 over an 04 if you could find one since the 05 has a few more parts in common with the 06 and 07s than the 04 does. But on the other side, the 04 was the first STI in North America... future collector's item! LOL. I think most guys with 04s have installed aftermarket headunits anyways.... at least the few used ones I've seen have. I'd look on NASIOC in the used car section... always some nice STIs there.

But the turbo & exhaust do sound amazing! lol. My dad doesn't want to do any mods to the STI... but once I get it I have a few things planned! Mostly new exhaust, Stage 2 software, some Prodrive wheels (GC-010G), Varis front lip, and some taillight covers.

I'll try to upload some pics of it if I have time.... the silver color w/ the silver BBS wheels does make it look like a sleeper from a distance but it really makes the huge flared fenders and hood scoop stand out when you're up close! haha