PDA

View Full Version : looking for the red waterprrof spark plug boots

jvlavl
10-26-2009, 09:06 AM
i am not sure who all the drr forum sponsers are and am wanting to buy a waterproof sparkplug boot from them? thanks

I did search and it looks like"sms" has them but i am not sure who that is. Help!

10-26-2009, 09:10 AM
It is one awsome shop in ohio. Shawn Snyder is a great guy who knows his stuff. Thats a great place to buy from. Go ahead do it if you need it. Shawns awsome.

jvlavl
10-26-2009, 09:15 AM
whats his contact info, website ect....thanks

10-26-2009, 09:17 AM
sent you pm look at your message

bulldogfallon
10-26-2009, 01:19 PM
We have the waterproof boots in blue, not red

10-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Does it look like this? Bulldogfallon is a great place also. Sorry . But SMS is our sponsor. Like to get his name out there.:D :D :D

10-26-2009, 04:26 PM
This ones not in use just to let you know. Pm me if you need this one!!

jvlavl
10-26-2009, 05:20 PM
ordered one with some other stuff from g-force. They have been good to me, I just couldnt find a weather proof looking boot on there website.

On a different note, what do you think my most cost effective shock choice would be for a 85lb boy to xcc race would be. has hasnt started to race yet, but is very aggressive when he rides with me. he can just about keep up with me on a drr90. i rode his bike and it seems pretty bouncy in the rear. i just dont want the *** end coming over on him if he makes a mistake. i dont really want to spend over $1000. looked at some used stuff on ebay 7-800 ish??? the fox floats seem to be a decent value if they work well??

Thanks for the plug boot offer, i do appreciate it.

John

rebuiltoz
10-26-2009, 05:31 PM
ok guys looking at the waterproof spark plug boot. my boy races the cra series. this past sat night was a muddy mess. we did the whole 2 liter bottle over the air filter thing. the holeshot was horrible to put it lightly. he came off the line second quad completely cover in mud and water. 2 straightaways later he hit a puddle and the bike just went blah. it stayed running but wouldnt move. he was able to limp it around so he didnt get a dnf. went back to the truck changed only the plug and the bike ran just fine. he is on a 08 l/c 50. i am having a hard time believing that this is a carb problem like i am being told cause it is fine with the plug change. i think it is a electrical issue. any help would be great guys. this forum has already been tons of help.

10-26-2009, 05:35 PM
IM not using it. I have it if you think it will solve your problem.

jvlavl
10-26-2009, 05:42 PM
our 90 did the exact same thing yesterday on our rec ride. we rode about 20 -30 miles throug trails. ditches had a foot or less of water. we are running the snorkel under the headlamp. the carb was not getting wet. it was the plug grounding out under the boot. every time we hit the water it did the same thing. we limped it for a 15 seconds and it would dry out. it finally was just too wet under the boot at top of plug and wouldnt pull any more. i changed out the plug, blew out the boot and it ran perfect. im thinking a ngk boot with a seal around the plug and some di-elctric grease should be a remedy for the prob?

kfx450
10-27-2009, 07:33 AM
for shocks used gt thunders HLS shocks for the woods and they worked great this year. These shocks came out this year and they make them for the drr. gt thunder in the name when it comes to shocks in the gncc's. for big bikes.

Coley'sdad#8
10-27-2009, 05:41 PM
correct, di-electric will not conduct electricity but other products such as noaa-loc, tri-ton ect will conduct electricity causing a short. pack it up with di-electric and put a tie wrap around the shoulder boot

A.Kersey321
10-28-2009, 06:47 AM
I have a little trick with the caps that will solve your problem with water getting in the cap. I run the red ngk t shaped normal cap, i put some grey silicone on the outside of the plug where the numbers are and push the cap on all the way let it dry and have had no trouble. I have raced some sloppy muddy races still no problem.

10-28-2009, 06:51 AM
Hello Alex. Glad to see you on the forums.:D

A.Kersey321
10-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Thank you! Thought i could help some people out on here and help our business. Its going slow so maybe the forums could help.:)

jvlavl
10-28-2009, 12:49 PM
A.kersey, do you think Yamabond would work like the grey silicone? Just cause i have some. thanks

A.Kersey321
10-28-2009, 01:05 PM
If it dries to be a rubbery glue it should work but im not sure.

rebuiltoz
10-28-2009, 02:10 PM
a.kersey321 thank you for your idea. i did exactly what you said and went and washed the quad. it fired right up after i was done. so once again i say thank you

A.Kersey321
10-29-2009, 06:44 AM
Your welcome:) its a trick i have been using for a while now.