PDA

View Full Version : fittings on the petcock?

10-25-2009, 08:56 PM
What's with the other fitting on the fuel petcock? The one fitting is for the fuel line from the petcock to the carb but what is the other one behind it for? What gets hooked up to it and where does it go? Right now mine has nothing hooked up to it. Thanks for the help.

10-25-2009, 09:10 PM
You should have an inlet line and two outlet lines running to the carb one is for on position and other is for reserve. Hope this is what you were asking.

LT80
10-26-2009, 07:55 AM
2 for a LT80.
The other is for vaccum. That's what is supposed to open the petcock. (on is off till vaccum opens it)
On the carb, there are 3 ports. The port closest to the motor is the vaccum port. There should be a hose running from that port to the port on the petcock.

10-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Well I double checked things tonight and there is no hose running from the other fitting on the petcock to the carb but the LT80 fires right up and seems to run fine. What's the deal? The outboard fitting is the fuel fitting and the inboard fitting is the vacuum fitting, right? So there are three fittings on the carb. The fuel inlet fitting is pretty clear to pick out. The fitting closer to the intake of the engine is for the vacuum line to the petcock? Is the other fitting on the carb just an air vent? Thanks for the help guys.

bradrenea
10-27-2009, 07:25 PM
You say the quad starts and runs fine. What position do you have the petcock switched to? If it is on prime, it will run fine without the vacuum hose hooked up. If it is switched to On or Reserve, it will not run without the vacuum line hooked up..... or if the petcock is leaky like most it will run for a short while and then run out of fuel, just like you were describing in your other post. That is why I asked in your old post if the vacuum hose was hooked up to the carb or not.:D

10-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Oh damn! That's like a light switch going off! That must have been why it would only run for a short time. It seems to run fine now but who knows? When I went out to check it tonight it looked like there was a drop of gas on the vacuum fitting of the petcock, like it had a very slow leak. I leave the petcock in the "on" postion at all times. I'm going to hook up that vacuum line correctly and see how she runs.