PDA

View Full Version : Pipe with Aluminum air box ???

FISH ON!
10-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Anybody running the factory aluminum air box with an aftermarket pipe yet ?....................(the box takes up some room most pipes use)

nordic quad
10-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Wonder if the Hetrick gen.2 pipe will fit?

G-force NW
10-26-2009, 01:36 PM
You have to remove the reverce intake to use a aftermarket pipe.

FISH ON!
10-26-2009, 03:57 PM
We like running the XC races and most of those are extremely wet and muddy so the box has to stay. I was just putting the feelers out there to see who has made a pipe to fit................... it's only a matter of time. Looks like we'll have to take the project on ourselves for now.

Todd Jones

10-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Good luck some one will do something about it just watch and see. What pipe you runnning now?

FISH ON!
10-26-2009, 07:17 PM
We're running the stock pipe which isn't to bad. We' just got a second quad so we finally have one we can tinker with a bit. I've have a trackside pipe I plan to try and make work with the air box........... problem is that it is probably one of the fattest ones in the air box area so I'm not sure how well that's going to work.

wrhracing
11-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by FISH ON!
We like running the XC races and most of those are extremely wet and muddy so the box has to stay. I was just putting the feelers out there to see who has made a pipe to fit................... it's only a matter of time. Looks like we'll have to take the project on ourselves for now.

Todd Jones

My 2010 Apex should be on it's way, I am building new exhaust's designed around the airbox for the 90's, 50's and 7o's. Bolt on no problem. look for real improvements soon. ( Prior to Daytona).

wrhracing
01-15-2010, 09:15 AM
We are getting closer to finishing the Reverse Intake exhaust pipe for the apex and drx mini's. It will be designed for the existing apex reverse, 2010. Bolt on. In 70cc and 90cc.