PDA

View Full Version : computer help

justin1022
10-25-2009, 10:03 AM
i recently got this game for my computer. its a download from the internet but when i play it its really slow and lind of laggy if you know what i mean. i was wondering if there is anyway to fix this? i already deleted all the programs that run all the time like msn and lime wire and utorrent but it didnt really help any ideas? my computer is a hp pavillion im running vista.

Scottt89
10-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Probably need some RAM or a better videocard. That would be my guess.

<DRS>GPF
10-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Scottt89
Probably need some RAM or a better videocard. That would be my guess.

agreed..

if its a factory built PC, what mfr. and model?

what are your PC spec's? (video/RAM/processor)

how many processes are you running? (right-click over the taskbar and select task manager.. # of processes will show in the lower right..)

mxduner
10-25-2009, 11:49 PM
i bet you know already, but you must be careful where you download your stuff from. Did you get this game from a reputable site? or lime wire? if the ladder that explains things lol

like drf said check what and how many process are running and let us know

justin1022
10-27-2009, 07:07 AM
i thought this was kind of weird. it says im running 88 processes the cpu usage is 128% and the physical memory is 38% thats without the game running and im am not worried about the game i baught it of this site thats legit and the delivory method was direct download

<DRS>GPF
10-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by justin1022
i thought this was kind of weird. it says im running 88 processes the cpu usage is 128% and the physical memory is 38% thats without the game running and im am not worried about the game i baught it of this site thats legit and the delivory method was direct download

wow.. thats about as bad as ive ever heard. it must take forever to boot up..

of the running processes, which ones are using the most memory?

when is the last time you've ran an anti-virus scan?

if it were mine, id go to the task manager and click on the "image name" bar located at the top of the list(causing it to sort by name), then look up each task to be sure theyre legit.

justin1022
10-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
wow.. thats about as bad as ive ever heard. it must take forever to boot up..

of the running processes, which ones are using the most memory?

when is the last time you've ran an anti-virus scan?

if it were mine, id go to the task manager and click on the "image name" bar located at the top of the list(causing it to sort by name), then look up each task to be sure theyre legit.

yea i got bit defender it says im clean. and before that i had nortan and it also said i was clean. and im in it again right now and it still says 88 processes the cpu usage is now 7% and the physical memory is now 40% this computer is pretty new so i dont no wtf is goin on lol. theres a crap load of tasks how do i no whitch are nessary to run my computer.? im going to delete all the non needed ones.