PDA

View Full Version : Spacers

Fluid400
01-15-2003, 02:17 PM
What are the best spacers avail. I have seen two types, screw on's with extended bolts on them and slip ons.

4TraxRider
01-15-2003, 03:32 PM
Two people i ride with have both kinds, a 400ex witht eh durablue fronts, they seem to be fine so far, and he goes pretty big. And a scrambler with the screw ons. They are fine to, but he dont ride it that hard.

trickex250
01-15-2003, 08:24 PM
Hey i got some 2.5 inch durablue spacers for the rear brand new 65$ let me know if ur interested they r the ones with extended bolts all u have to do is pop the old studs out and put the bolts through

QuadJunkies
01-16-2003, 12:10 AM
I would like a set also for my 300ex, Im not too familiar with the spacers, we are doing an offeset with our mini 2/4 offest ,but I thought for me I would get spacers..I would be interested in hearing more about also..;)

OutCast
01-16-2003, 01:36 AM
The Sand-Sport wheel spacers are the best ones I've seen so far.

http://www.sand-sport.com/catalog/subcat5.htm

Here's an aritical that was written up for them.

http://www.off-road.com/atv/reviews/products/sand-sport/

y2k400ex
01-16-2003, 08:00 AM
Hey Richie

Here's the ones I have there the +3" kit :
http://www.midwestmini.com/atvparts.htm

and heres some aluminum ones that are affortable this is a +4"
http://www.dmiracing.com/index.htm

the spacers fron sandsports.com are nice but $260 for a set DAMM

trickex250
01-16-2003, 04:15 PM
Hey quad junkies would u liek to see a pic of mine? they are 2.5 in each side

QuadJunkies
01-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by trickex250
Hey quad junkies would u liek to see a pic of mine? they are 2.5 in each side yes!:D Im going to try and have the rims flipped tomorrow,ill post how they look if I do, lets see that pic!!:blah

01-16-2003, 09:03 PM
when flipping rims be sure to check the valve stem clearance.....
or relocate them.
& if spacers are used this is Ok for widening a quad ....but
I would not jump too much , people have broken wheel spacers or bent the studs ...this could be a dangerous thing if ya plan to do a lot of jumping w/your machine ....

trickex250
01-17-2003, 02:37 PM
pics...

trickex250
01-17-2003, 02:38 PM
another..

Ryan
01-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
when flipping rims be sure to check the valve stem clearance.....
or relocate them.
& if spacers are used this is Ok for widening a quad ....but
I would not jump too much , people have broken wheel spacers or bent the studs ...this could be a dangerous thing if ya plan to do a lot of jumping w/your machine ....

Yeah don't jump to much. I have cracked my spacers completely in half. Spacers are really better for Flattracking and small jumps. After my experiences, if im going to widen my front end or rear end, im going to do it the right way. You pay more you get more :D .

QJ, I know you are planning on doing some TT racing, it wouldn't be a bad idea if you had a pair of spacers. Spacers really improve the handling from stock form.

QuadJunkies
01-17-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by R8
Yeah don't jump to much. I have cracked my spacers completely in half. Spacers are really better for Flattracking and small jumps. After my experiences, if im going to widen my front end or rear end, im going to do it the right way. You pay more you get more :D .

QJ, I know you are planning on doing some TT racing, it wouldn't be a bad idea if you had a pair of spacers. Spacers really improve the handling from stock form. ok, now where to go with this...I am having the rims flipped today, what do I do from here?:confused: were flippen all the rims on all the quads(not the mini 50 though)..Do I need to do anyithng to the rear?? I thought someone told me I need to add a spaver to the rear? this makes no sense to me, but Im sure there is theory behind it..;)

Ryan
01-17-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
ok, now where to go with this...I am having the rims flipped today, what do I do from here?:confused: were flippen all the rims on all the quads(not the mini 50 though)..Do I need to do anyithng to the rear?? I thought someone told me I need to add a spaver to the rear? this makes no sense to me, but Im sure there is theory behind it..;)

Ummm unbolt them, turn flip them over, and bolt them back up? :huh

OutlawEX
01-17-2003, 03:34 PM
There are no good spacers made..All spacers will increase ur chances on bending axles from trail riding to Mx they are not good...but if i was to go the cheap route id go with long studs....But i have an RPM axles no biggie.....

QuadJunkies
01-17-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by R8
Ummm unbolt them, turn flip them over, and bolt them back up? :huh LOL... no what I was trying to say is... I dont have to do nothing to the rear if Im trying to only WIDEN the fronts rt?if I was to go with a spacer ,do I need to put one on the back also??OUTLAWEx~`I have heard this before..I will check into this also... Thanks...

Ryan
01-17-2003, 03:49 PM
No you don't. I only had spacers on my rear end but its better to have front and rear spacers. Rear spacers go for $70-90 and I think fronts are a little more expensive?

01-17-2003, 04:24 PM
this is what I did w/a honda90 ..,
flipped the front wheels which added almost 2 inches to each side (frt),...then installed 2inch dura blue wheels spacers to each side of the rears..the kit came with spcaers & wheel stud extenders ...BTW,the front valve stems needed to be replaced w/shorties....in order the clear the drums.

QuadJunkies
01-17-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
this is what I did w/a honda90 ..,
flipped the front wheels which added almost 2 inches to each side (frt),...then installed 2inch dura blue wheels spacers to each side of the rears..the kit came with spcaers & wheel stud extenders ...BTW,the front valve stems needed to be replaced w/shorties....in order the clear the drums. good info,BUT ... I guess im not understanding why there is need for the REAR if the FRONT is the part that is too narrow?Im sure this is all related to the blonde thing.. sorry guys...:( :confused:

quadman440ex
01-17-2003, 05:03 PM
I just installed a 3" stud kit on front and 5" stud kit on the back. Have not yet tried them out yet due to a blown front tire. I hope that they hold up!

Ryan
01-17-2003, 05:15 PM
good info,BUT ... I guess im not understanding why there is need for the REAR if the FRONT is the part that is too narrow?Im sure this is all related to the blonde thing.. sorry guys...:( :confused:

LOL. You don't have to get rear spacers with front ones. Just get the fronts.

01-17-2003, 07:04 PM
good info,BUT ... I guess im not understanding why there is need for the REAR if the FRONT is the part that is too narrow?Im sure this is all related to the blonde thing.. sorry guys...:( :confused:
go ahead & do the fronts & see if the wheels are about the same width as the backs ...if so you are ok ,..
I was talkin specifically about the Honda 90 your mini could
a lil different .
I needed to make them about same ,since the front was alot wider after flipping the fronts .

01-18-2003, 10:36 PM
I run the "screw on" type ones. Just make sure you torque them down as hard as possible, and retorque them every few rides. I got them off of e-Bay for 90$ for all 4 wheels.

01-18-2003, 10:37 PM
Ack. Wrong pic. Thats a good one to show you the width difference, but this one shows you the spacer..

y2k400ex
01-19-2003, 11:07 AM
Those are the same one I have on my 400 :blah